Start by marking “The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)

The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  3,620 ratings  ·  156 reviews

The next exciting adventure in "The Door Within" Trilogy.

Separated from his friend by a thousand miles and unable to return to The Realm of Glimpses himself, Aidan Thomas needs a way to reach Robby with the message of King Eliam, the one true King.

Enter Antoinette Lynn Reed, a bright but headstrong young lady who believes in the Scrolls of Alleble and has a passion for f

Published (first published March 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of the Wyrm Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of the Wyrm Lord

Kait
Aug 19, 2008 Kait rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nicole
I liked the Door Within, but this book just blew the first one out of the water. I can't believe how good it was. I almost immediately got up, went to my bookshelf and grabbed the third one. The only reason I didn't, is because I have to do a blog tour book next.

If you haven't seen this trilogy in real life, I recommend looking for it at your local bookstore. Tommy Nelson (publisher) did a marvelous job with this book. There is colour like I have never seen in a book before. The graphics, fonts
Rachel
It was amazing!!! The second book to the Door Within is a wonderful 'sequel'! I loved it!
Alex Beard
I read the wyrm lord for my SSR 2nd quarter project. It is a sequel to the first book and it is about Aidan Thomas a teen boy. He is back on Earth after his adventure in Alleble. When Aiden left the Realm, he saw a horrifying sight, his best friend Robby going on Paragor's side. Since Aiden can't go back he wants to find his friend and tell him the truth about King Eliam. Instead they're separated. He then he try's to get a hold of Robby so he can turn him to allegiance with the King. He meets a ...more
Chris
In the continuation of The Door Within trilogy, author Wayne Thomas Batson weaves another masterful story about the mirror realm.
This time it is Aidan's new friend Antoinette Reed who is called into the Realm shortly after Aidan meets her. After entering the Door Within, Antoinette is called to be the twelfth knight in a mission to Yewland. What follows is a harrowing journey through the mysterious Blackwood in which they find the hiding place of the Seven Sleepers. However, they finally make i
Chris
Rise of the Wyrm Lord was immediately more interesting than its predessesor. It snagged my interest and carried me to the end, though it struggled with the same problems The Door Within did.

The allegory was much more satisfying and well-hidden than The Door Within's, but the similarities to Middle-Earth have grown. Yewland is very much like Tolkien's Lothlorien, and though its inhabitants were never called "elves" they most certainly were. Just a well-educated guess, but the author's "Blue Mount
Adam
Apr 22, 2012 Adam rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone 9 and up
Recommended to Adam by: School Librarian
(Sorta Spoiler alert for those who have not read book 1)

On earth, Aiden Thomas is having trouble getting back into his normal routine. He keeps having scary nightmares about the Betrayer, Paragor. His mom thinks he is crazy, how he talks about his adventures in the Realm. But when he discovers that he is not the only one who believes in the one true King, things get much more exciting!!

Antionette Reed is living a normal life; sports, school, except for one thing. She and her family follow King E
Bob
The Door Within (The Door Within Trilogy #1) The Door Within by Wayne Thomas Batson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
this book is a great book, I'm a reader who likes fantsy and alot of mystery, and if your a reader like me this book is perfect for you.

Julia
Apr 11, 2008 Julia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: You
Oo! This book gave me a lot of chills when I read it, but I loved it all the same. It is wonderful, though kind of sad. Does he have to keep killing people like that? Great sequel!
Katie W
Another amazing adventure! I was reminded how important it is that we share the good news of Christ with people! And I also was reminded that our faith can help us overcome fear : )
Justin Record
Ok, ok yes we all know never judge a book by its cover but FRENCH THE LLAMA that is a nice cover!!! In all honesty, yes... yes, I did pick this series cuz it is beautiful! but then i opened the books (after marvelling at the cover for a day or two) and OH.... MY.... PARAGOR. Ok, so the first book was absolutely beautiful and this one gets a bit darker in some areas like with the Wyrm Lord and without revealing any spoilers, it is necessary. I love the Wyrm Lord because i can draw parallels from ...more
Gloria
Nov 02, 2014 Gloria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone; fantasy lovers; dragon aficionados
Shantelle
More adventures await in Alleble; but this time, for a girl named Antoinette. She and Aiden become friends at school, and Aiden helps her see that King Eliam is calling her to the Glimpse realm. Since Aiden can't go back, he's hoping Antoinette will get a chance to speak to Robby's red-eyed Glimpse. But evil forces are hard at work... an ancient evil is rising. Who can withstand it?

The Rise of the Wyrm Lord started fresh and exciting where The Door Within left off. I was immensely pleased to mee
Noah Arsenault
Rise of the Wyrm Lord, by Wayne Thomas Batson, is an allegorical Christian fantasy fiction with many moral themes. Aidan Thomas, a mid-teen boy, is back on Earth after his adventure in the Land of Alleble. He sets out in search of his old friend Robby, in order to turn him to allegiance with the true King. He meets a new friend at school, Antoinette, who he finds to be Gwenne’s twin on Earth. They talk about his adventures, and Antoinette wishes to go to Alleble herself. She gets the chance when ...more
Whisper
Wow. This book is great. Enough battles and peril to satisfy the adventure-lover, enough secrets to satisfy the mystery-lover, and enough coolness to satisfy the... well, cool-lover!

All around great. Granted, some might see it as "just another fantasy book", but it most certainly has characteristics that distinguish it from others in its genre.

For instance, there is an unlikely connection between Earth and The Realm... but I won't spoil that for you. :-D Also, there is a good dose of Biblical al
Brittanie
Uniting familiar characters with delightful new ones, “The Rise of the Wyrm Lord” chronicles the further adventures of Aidan Thomas as he readjusts to life in our world, the Mirror Realm, as well as detailing the journeys of headstrong Antoinette Reed. When the teenagers meet at school, they quickly discover a mutual love for King Eliam and his ways. Convinced that Antoinette is being called to the Realm, Aidan secures her promise to search for Robby’s Glimpse and persuade him to join them while ...more
J. Tobias
Jun 07, 2010 J. Tobias rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
When Aiden left the Realm, he saw a horrifying sight; His best friend Robby's Glimpse--on Paragor's side.

Since Aiden cannot go back to the Realm, he is desperate to find his friend and tell him the truth about King Eliam and the Realm, but they're seperated by more than a thousand miles.

Meanwhile, Aiden meets Antoinette Lynn Reed, a bright and headstrong young lady who believes in the Scrolls of Alleble. Aidan discovers that Antoinette has been called to enter The Realm, so he asks for her help
Wayne
Jun 30, 2008 Wayne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Hi, Wyrm Lord Readers!

Wayne Thomas Batson here. I wanted to thank all of you who put Isle of Fire on your ToBeRead list. I'm honored to be worth your time.

Isle of Fire will release the first week of September. It is available for preorder on Amazon as well. In fact, if you preorder it on Amazon and email me to tell me you have ordered it, I'll send you a signed and personalized bookplate sticker for your new book.

email me at: batguy21784@yahoo.com

Here's the official Isle of Fire blurb:

"A great e
melydia
Though the second book of a trilogy, it feels much more like a sequel, using the old formula or having another character revisit the experiences of the hero of the original. Here, this other character is Aidan's friend and possible love interest Antoinette. Back in the real world, Aidan attempts to save his friend Robby while Antoinette searches for Robby's Glimpse twin, a servant of the evil Paragor, to convert him as well.

In The Realm, there are three categories of people: those who follow Kin
Jerome
The plot and execution are more comical and seem more forced and cliche than the first book, but, other than that, this wasn't bad.

Mr. Batson takes another big risk in this sequel to The Door Within because he comes dangerously close to repeating the plot of the first novel, just with a girl hero instead of a boy. Fortunately, he avoids the error. Antoinette Reed is in many ways following in the footsteps of Aidan Thomas but precisely because her path to belief and her personality is so differen
TaeKwonDogirl
The Rise of the Wyrm Lord,by Wayne Thomas Batson, is the story of a girl named Antoinette who ventures into a new world of Glimpses, strange creatures, and a mission commissioned by King Eliam himself. Aidan Thomas, who we met in the first book of the Door Within Trilogy, meets Antoinette and discovers that she also believes in the Realm. Aidan tells Antoinette of many of his adventures and a special mission he has in mind for her when they discover she is chosen to go to Aleeble herself.

Howeve
Rae
First Reactions: This is a the second of the Door Within Trilogy and after buying it the Monday, I couldn't wait to read it! The story is about how God (King Eliam) always calls us to do missions for him whether we want to, whether we have to or whether it is time. We are not always ready to cope with the danger involved, but he guarantees that we will always be with him and that we can rely on him through anything.

Antoinette has been called by King Eliam, for what purpose, it is still unclear,
Eli
This is the second book of a wondrous, thrilling, and page-turning series by Wayne Thomas Batson. In this, Antoinette Reed, a friend of Aidan Thomas, is called to Alleble by king Eliam the Everlasting. Once she arrives, she discovers that she must pass three tests to become a swordmaiden of the realm. She passes all three, and is dubbed Swordmaiden of Alleble. She also receives Gwenne’s old sword, Daughter of Light. Finally, Antoinette and a party of eleven others depart to Yewland, because mess ...more
Charlotte
Even though many people said they liked this book better than the first, I find it hard to agree. The new character, Antonette, is hard for me to relate to, and the plot just keeps getting more confusing. The big cliffhanger at the end very suspenseful, so have the next book on hand to read when you finish :)

The main themes of this continuing allegory include that God makes good come out of even bad things, and the word of God is more useful as a weapon than any sword.
Storm Marie White
This is a very exciting book.
I was rather disappointed that Aidan played such small a part in this book, and his glimpse was just enough like him and just enough not like him to make the swap irritating. Aidan’s separation from Gwenne was almost unbearable for me. But if you can get past all that, Antoinette’s story is quite intriguing.
Antoinette already has some experience in sword fighting, riding horses, ect. When she enters the realm, and quickly becomes a sword maiden. She, together with
Kailey
A great sequel to the first book! Plenty of action and mysterious legend, and a whole new plot.
There are a lot more dragons in this book, and they play a bigger role in the story, which I loved.

I was glad to revisit old scenes and characters, but I also loved the new characters, especially Antoinette. I loved her independence and courage. I was especially impressed with her unfailing hope. Even when she makes mistakes, she hopes that it will get better, she believes that things will work out. S
serena482*
This book also, like the first one, was an amazing, epic story. Antoinette who is a new friend of Aiden starts having weird dreams about the realm, and soon finds out she has been called to the realm. She is very excited and leaves right away but is soon faced with many dangers and hard decisions.
I totally loved this book, and recommend it to people 11 and up.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Aiden begins school in Colorado and makes a new friend, named Antoinette. She also believes in the Kingdom of Alleble, and loves King Eliam.

Antoinette is the main character of this story. She is called to enter the "door within". Her journey also gains her knighthood. But she has a special favor that she has agreed to with Aiden. She is to find the glimpse of Robby and try to persuade him to follow King Eliam, and not the evil Paragor.

War is enveloping the land, and she finds herself in the midd
Alexandria
Jul 17, 2008 Alexandria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
The Rise of the Wyrm Lord is the second in a trilogy of fantasy books for middle-age readers. If your kids are fans of C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia, they (and maybe even you) will probably love these books as well. The story is not too hard to follow, but is still masterfully woven together. The characters are very lovable and reading about their friendly antics is quite entertaining. It has great moral lessons and doesn't include the inappropriate material other books in this age group ...more
Edward Cheer
Though there are darker elements in this story, it's all counter-balanced by strange, out-of-place moments. And many characters in this story are mainly defined by the weapons they carry, not by their actually personalities.
Melissa Rose
The Rise of the Wyrm Lord is a very good story with enjoyable new characters and delightful new settings in addition to several that were already introduced in the first book of this trilogy. Another thing I enjoyed about this book was the addition of more fantastical creatures, and not all of them are quite as friendly as those in The Door Within.

The characters in this book face challenges that make you think about things in you encounter your own life. Because of this I think that anyone can t
What do people think of Rise of the Wrym Lord? 3 18 Jan 30, 2014 10:26AM
  • Circles of Seven (Dragons in Our Midst, #3)
  • Father of Dragons (Binding of the Blade #4)
  • Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3)
  • DragonKnight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)

The Door Within (3 books)
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
The Door Within (The Door Within, #1) The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3) Isle of Swords (Isle of Swords, #1) Curse of the Spider King (The Berinfell Prophecies, #1) Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)

“Adventures are funny things.
Some streak down upon you like a storm.
Others emerge after many years have passed and something forgotten is revealed.
They can be discovered on a dusty bookshelf or the yellowed pages of an ancient map.
They promise great reward, but no adventure is without risk.”
10 likes