Start by marking “Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)

Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan #4)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  310 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
In her novels featuring California probation officer Carolyn Sullivan, New York Times bestselling author Nancy Taylor Rosenberg brilliantly fuses gripping plotlines with a razor-sharp portrayal of a single woman in a world of shattered lives, hard-core criminals and flickering hopes. In her new novel, Carolyn confronts the brutal death of her best friend--and the dark myst ...more
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of Innocents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of Innocents

Nancy
Sep 09, 2012 Nancy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst books I've ever read! The characters came up with possible solutions without evidence and then ran around trying to prove them. When they couldn't make that solution stick, they just came up with another crazy one. Felt like a vicious cycle.
Slc-crk
Oct 15, 2011 Slc-crk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-owned
Very convoluted plot twists which were cumbersome. This book was 100 pages too long.
Allyson
Jan 18, 2010 Allyson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I ordered this book from PaperbackSwap because it kept resurfacing in "books you may like"...which is also how I find friends on Facebook, actually. Apparently, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg is a police detective with the LAPD AND an author. Her work with the police force makes the dialogue and the plot seem pretty authentic, although towards the end I think she threw in 2 too many plot twists. I was ready for this book to be over around page 300. The overall theme is incest with a side of murder. I'm ...more
Stephanie
Apparently the protagonist in this book (Carolyn Sullivan) has figured in a series of NT's books? Not clear, but the jacket implies that.

In any case, Carolyn's best buddy and fellow probation person is murdered, and then Carolyn's buddy's husband is murdered, and then Carolyn nearly murders the one she thinks is the murderer - oh, and the dead husband was accused of molesting his and Carolyn's wretched teenage daughter, who is a totally disgusting person and Carolyn has a boatload of Catholic gu
Kristen
In the 4th installment of the Carolyn Sullivan series, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg delivers us a shocker and takes us a dark side. While planning her wedding to Marcus, Carolyn learns about her best friend's death. From there, she becomes entangled into a web of lies and deceit and other family secrets. When she becomes the legal guardian of her oldest daughter Jude, she didn't know what to believe between fact and fiction. We watch how emotionally involved she is to the case that pushes her to the l ...more
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it liked it
I normally enjoy Rosenberg's books, but in this one it seemed the lead character Carolyn was trying to do too much police work when she is not a 'policewoman'. I think that there was way too much speculation and too little police work. Not her best
Paula
Feb 12, 2016 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carolyn's best friend is murdered and her 18 year old daughter is missing. Carolyn is trying to help find Jude but when she finds her, she has a real mess on her hands. Jude doesn't know how to tell the truth, and even has her own father thrown in jail.

This was an ok book that I listened to but it was a little out there.
Allen
Feb 27, 2015 Allen rated it liked it
Besides everyone else's comments, I found 21 errors.
Rosemary A.
Too many suspects.
VLynch
Sep 06, 2010 VLynch rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was a good book, great story idea. However, the "who done it" back and forth it, got a bit confusing for my little brain. Too many theories thrown out, debated by the police and staff. Frequently I felt confused. I missed some of the characters from the other books, like John (Carolyn's son, who should have known Jude from High school) and Neil (Carolyn's brother). Good story, but a bit cluttered at times. The second in the Carolyn Sullivan series is still my favorite.
Stanley Lee
Jan 02, 2016 Stanley Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doesn't hit you as much in the face as the Bourne or Bond novels.
Linda
Jun 11, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have read many of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's best sellers but found this one to be the worse of the lot. Usually, she puts alot more effort into character development and that wasn't done for this book. The lead character, Carolyn, was never likeable and, I thought, was downright whiney. I didn't like this book at all but finished it just to see if the author tied up loose ends at the finish. Nothing about this book was believable.
Steve
Apr 23, 2007 Steve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Rosenberg book. Although her books are kind of romantic/mystery potboilers anyway, I'm OK with that. What drove me crazy was that every time some few clues pointed to a particular culprit, all the police investigators were 100% convinced they had the killer. Then, three chapters later they were 100% convinced they had a different one. I never felt that's how real police would have handled it.
Sharon
Nov 28, 2008 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most convoluted police procedurals I have ever read. I like a complex plot as much as the next person. However, the author had so many subplots that she tried to tie together that the story struggled under its own weight. Not the best I've ever read, I'm sorry to say.
Rachel Sumner
Dec 16, 2010 Rachel Sumner rated it did not like it
This book bored me from the start, there were too many characters that had no significance right off the bat. It also seemed very scattered to me and I had a hard time keeping up with all the twists, I dont recommend this book I only finished it because I had invested to much time not to.
Candace Chesler
Enjoyed this - but not as much as a John Sandford book. The plot line of incest/pedophilia is presented well. Where she lost me was with the murder of the best friend's husband. I started skimming paragraphs after that just to finish. As others have said - too many plot twists.
Melissa
It kept you guessing up until the end, but there were some undeveloped storylines that were just left hanging. It kept me engaged and I read it quickly, however now that I am finished the more I think about it, the more criticism I seem to have for it.
Chris
Oct 04, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-shelf, audiobook
2.5 stars, but not rounding up because I didn't any of characters likable. It may be since I started with the last book in the series, but I just didn't connect with any of them. I usually like NTR but I think I'll skip the others in this series.
Kerri
Aug 06, 2009 Kerri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was well written and very interesting. It's a story of the underdogs coming back and winning. Who wouldn't like to hear that type of story? I don't want to share too much, and ruin the ending but it is definitely worth the read.
Caitlin
Sep 05, 2007 Caitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good, about 3/4 of the way through it. I'm not sure who the "killer" is or even who the bad guys are. She does a great job of convincing you it's one person then making you question that. Can't wait to finish!
Leslie Johnson
I could not figure out who the bad guy was until the vary end. The story opens where the victim is not identified but her beating is, the perp is known but not to us.
Amy
Jul 30, 2009 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am jumping around in the series of books that center around Carolyn Sullivan, almost hard to follow, a lot of subplots and twists. Good legal thriller.
Faye
Sep 25, 2010 Faye rated it it was amazing

Always like any of Rosenberg's books as I can relate to a lot of her research areas having worked as a Probation Assistant and District Attorney Assiistant.
Larry Cook
Feb 22, 2011 Larry Cook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is one of the best authors I have read. Keeps you reading long after you should have stopped.
Hayseed
Nov 04, 2007 Hayseed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery
Not her best book, but a fast read and good whodunnit. Some parts are a bit hokey.
Karen
May 15, 2008 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
dark and twisted, child abuse, murder (of course), compulsive lying Ick
Kendra Armstrong
Jan 23, 2013 Kendra Armstrong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compelling plot, but contains some highly disturbing content. Well-written!
Chamie
Mar 14, 2009 Chamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love nancy taylor rosenberg,but was disappointed with this one.
Lisa W
Apr 02, 2012 Lisa W rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good pulp murder mystery. Author is prior law enforcement.
Ellen
Caroline Sullivan #4
  • Mourn The Living
  • Once Around the Track (St. Dale, #2)
  • Mania
  • Triple Exposure
  • The Hunters
  • A Little Death in Dixie
  • Get Some
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street
  • Bake Sale Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #13)
  • Chinatown Beat (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #1)
  • One Night in Boston (One Night, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Healing for a Broken World: Christian Perspectives on Public Policy
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • Ransom X (A Legacy Mystery #1)
  • The Heir
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...

Carolyn Sullivan (4 books)
  • Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan, #1)
  • Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)