Start by marking “Masquerade (Liz Sansborough, #1)” as Want to Read:
Masquerade (Liz Sansborough, #1)

Masquerade (Liz Sansborough #1)

When you gaze into the mirror--and find a stranger looking back? Liz Sansborough has no recollection of her past as a CIA agent; no idea what her future holds. For her, there is only the present...and the chilling knowledge that the world's most lethal assassin has set his sights on her.

When your only link to your identity is a stranger who claim to be lover? Gordon is so
Published February 16th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerade

Frances
Nov 30, 2014 Frances rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
Another Fast Action Book!
The author is known as the Queen of Spy Thrillers, and indeed she is. After reading ‘The Book of Spies’ my first book by Gayle Lynds I was eager to read another. Masquerade was difficult to find but locating a copy is well worth the effort. It is fast action with never a dull moment throughout the entire book. The characters are exceptionally strong along with a suspenseful story line. An engrossing book and highly recommended.
Angela
Dec 21, 2008 Angela rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
LJ user cafiorello had mentioned in a comment on my post about The Ambler Warning that she preferred Gayle Lynds' writing over Robert Ludlum's, so I decided to check out one of her novels. My selection was Masquerade, her first. Pico-summary: Agent Liz Sanborough can't remember her past (what is it with federal agents losing their memories in thriller novels, anyway? ;) ), and doesn't know who to trust--including the seemingly loving Gordon--as she tries to figure out what's happened to her. You ...more
Heather Thomas
May 15, 2009 Heather Thomas rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Someone with nothing else to read, people with time on their hands
In a nut shell, I would say that if you are at one of those camp grounds that has a lending library and you are without a really good book, this book is finishable.

In it's honor the last 1/3 was pretty good and did keep me coming back to the end. If a book is all out horrible I quickly move on to something better. However the good part was working to wrap up and make sense out of the first 2/3 of the book.

For me a book revolves around the characters and the plot. While the book did start off as
LJ
MASQUERADE (Susp-Liz Sansborough-Intl-cont) - DNF
Lynds, Gayle - Standalone

From Fantastic Fiction: Dazed and confused, Liz Sansborough awakens one morning to find herself in a house full of furniture she doesn't recognize, attended by a handsome young man she doesn't know, unaware even of her own name. At that moment, she is about to embark on a perilous and mind-bending journey, both actual and psychological, into a world of international terrorism, corrupt secret agents, and potent mind-alterin
R J Mckay
Apr 21, 2013 R J Mckay rated it really liked it
The story is about "Liz Sansborough", daughter of the assassin nicknamed Carnivore. The Carnivore has decided to retire and he is turning himself into the CIA. His agreement with them is to tell all the details of his professional hits. There is one problem, Hughes Bremner of the CIA has been bilking the governeant of millions of dollars to fund his own company. The information known to the Carnivore will destroy all he has accomplished. His only option it to take out the Carnivore before he ca ...more
Toni Osborne
Feb 08, 2009 Toni Osborne rated it liked it
I found this novel entertaining and well written with plenty of mystery and several plot twists. It has a disturbing link to recent headlines such as psychological conditioning and mind control, also some financial and international currency manipulations involving people in power and corruption at all levels.
Cindy
Jul 04, 2016 Cindy added it
I'm not going to rate this one, because I couldn't make myself finish it. It seemed like every new chapter introduced a new sub plot. I was confused and had to make myself pick it up once a day. Then I'd read a chapter and immediately put it down. I'm sure everything all came together, but it just wasn't grabbing me.
Robin
Nov 29, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it
I read a review of her newest title, The Coil, was intrigued, and then discovered it was a sequel to this one, so I snatched it up. Very strong female protagonist, and action-packed. Espionage fun!
Pamela
Apr 30, 2013 Pamela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller, Spy novel lovers
I need to read this again. Spy novel. Psychological thriller with various little "facts" that resemble current events. Are you who you think you are? Are you who you pretend to be? And why?! I must read this one again to fully absorb its' story. Good, very good book.
Melanie
Apr 11, 2016 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I found the book difficult to get into. There are many characters and plot lines. It is a " by the book" spy novel with some interesting ideas and story lines. I was glad to finish it as I got tired of the main character. I also thought the ending was over kill-why bother?
Pete
Jul 30, 2016 Pete rated it liked it
The story here becomes more complex than necessary and it's a bit convoluted in spots but there is plenty of action and intrigue to keep the reader engaged. Several of the characters are interesting although I was hoping the mysterious Carnivore would play more of a role.
Bob
Jul 09, 2013 Bob rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Plodding adventure. Last third of the book picked up, or it was my imagination as I raced to just get done with the book.
Deborah Wall
May 28, 2016 Deborah Wall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CIA dark side

Keeping track of who is who in this spy thriller is part of the fun. There are so many twists it keeps one reading far too late.
Artha
Feb 25, 2012 Artha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I thought this was a great book! The action, the plot, it grabbed me at the beginning, kept my interest,the intrigue,who is decieving who, I really enjoyed it!!
Book Bunny
Nov 14, 2012 Book Bunny rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
My review can be found here:
Edb
Feb 10, 2008 Edb rated it really liked it
A very good book about a woman who was convinced by the CIA that she was a spy/girlfriend of an assassin.
Michael Lewis
Oct 27, 2015 Michael Lewis rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Intriguing plot, well developed characters, action, romance...what else do you need? Superb job on an entertaining novel! My new favorite espionage author!
Dane Morgan
Sep 28, 2013 Dane Morgan rated it really liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Marysa
Dec 08, 2010 Marysa rated it liked it
Onderhoudend boek dat vlot leest. Het einde vond ik wel een beetje ver gezocht
Tammy
Sep 04, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book and wasn't sure where it was going. Who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. Did get a little boring in the middle but picked up a lot of speed at the end!
Naida
Jul 22, 2013 Naida rated it really liked it
How cow, confusing!! Slow to start and bounced around a hell of a lot. I don't think I would read it again. I liked the ending.
Janice
Jun 07, 2015 Janice rated it liked it
Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get into this book, but I did. Intense thriller with surprises, well worth a read :)
KeAnne
Feb 21, 2015 KeAnne rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
Another dud. This book had praise from a lot of notable authors but it was mediocre. Laughable prose and characterization
Andre Farant
Andre Farant rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Noelle Hazard
Noelle Hazard rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Adam Hirsch
Adam Hirsch rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Bruce
Bruce rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2017
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Jeanne Mcquillan
Jeanne Mcquillan rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Lisa Repinski Wood
Lisa Repinski Wood rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
  • The Cutout
  • Floating City (Nicholas Linnear, #5)
  • Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2)
  • A.K.A. Jane (Jane Nichols, #1)
  • In the Evil Day
  • Dervish is Digital (Artificial Reality Division, #2)
  • The Messengers of Death
  • The Bird Yard
  • The Book of Common Dread (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
  • The Murder Artist
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Flash House
  • Criminal Justice
  • Death's Door  (Special X, #9)
  • Tracking Time (April Woo, #6)
  • The Master of Rain
New York Times bestseller Gayle Lynds is the award-winning author of ten international espionage novels. Library Journal calls her “the reigning queen of espionage fiction.” The London Observer says she’s a “kick-ass thriller writer.” Lee Child calls her “today’s best espionage writer.”

Born in Omaha, NE, and raised in Council Bluffs, IA, Gayle graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree i
More about Gayle Lynds...

Liz Sansborough (2 books)
  • The Coil (Liz Sansborough, #2)