Yummy Yummy! Food for My Tummy!

Yummy Yummy! Food for My Tummy!

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Jess and George are two monkeys who live on neighboring islands, and they think it would be a great idea to get together for banana milkshakes. But they have a problem--hungry sharks are swimming between the islands! No matter what they try, George and Jess keep hearing the chant of the hungry sharks: Yummy, yummy! Food for my tummy! Finally, Jess and George realize that a...more
Published March 31st 2004 by Tiger Tales (first published February 28th 2003)

Joelle C.
i read this book in story hour at my library when i was about 5 i really liked it and always went around saying "Yummy yummy food for my tummy". recently i've been trying to find it i couldn't but when i joined good reads i found it!
this book is a cute story about two monkeys who want to have smoothies together but the sharks are in between them.
i really like this book
Marylou
I came across this book in summer camp reading it to 4 year olds. They loved it and it is great to do funny voices as you read. However, I also teach Psychology in high school and realized that the book if chock full of Freudian references. I use it in my class and read it to my 11th and 12th graders. The male chimp lives on "banana island" and the female chimp on "coconut island" (unconscious references to the male and female body parts). The sharks are the superego trying to prevent the chimps...more
Anna
So cute! My favorite part is when the sharks say "Yummy Yummy Food for my Tummy". Two monkey's live on opposite islands and want to get together for coconut cake and banana milkshakes. They try and try but there are sharks in the water, eventually they happen upon a way to have their party. I was a little alarmed by the role of the sharks at first, but they aren't too frightening in the end. The illustrations aren't my favorite they're a little old school cartoonish.
Jayna
Can Jess and George figure out a way to get together? They are two monkeys that are on separate islands. The only problem is that there are tons of hungry sharks between them. They try everything they can think of to get on the same island and have banana shakes together. It is a silly story about problem solving.
Mandy
(3.5 stars)

George the monkey and Jess the monkey live on separate islands where they can see each other. They both would love to somehow get together to visit, but the water between them is infested with hungry sharks.
Susannah
Aug 22, 2007 Susannah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is Taison's favorite book that his Nana reads to him. In fact, Nana bought it for his birthday. He just loves it. I know I should probably put books on here that I love, but thought we could add books for kids as well.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Jess and George the monkeys live there on their own island but want to share a banana milkshake and a piece of coconut cake so they figure out how to make it work. A.R.
Brooke
3.5 stars. I only read it for one group. They enjoyed it, but I don't think every group would. May be better if shortened a bit.
Kim
Two chimps live on two seperate islands and they want to meet. Unfortunately, the water between them is full of sharks.
Elizabeth
The kids' hands-down favorite this week.
Kiddo
Another Sam Lloyd book!
Jane (PS)
Jan 18, 2011 Jane (PS) marked it as children-s
Ages 2+
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Jun 28, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Noah
Noah added it
Jun 21, 2014
Nupur
Nupur marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Sam Lloyd studied at Brighton University where she gained a BA Hons in Illustration. Now Sam is the author and illustrator of many successful picture books for children. Her picture books include Happy Day, Sad Dog which won the Sainsbury’s Baby Book Award in 2003, Mr Pusskins which won the Booktrust Pre-School Award in 2006 and the V & A Illustration Award. Most recently Calm Down Boris publi...more
More about Sam Lloyd...
Mr. Pusskins: A Love Story Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story What Color Is Your Underwear? Doctor Meow's Big Emergency Chief Rhino to the Rescue!