Start by marking “The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits” as Want to Read:
The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits

The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  582 ratings  ·  53 reviews
What would it mean to discover that everything from the DNA of life, to the future of our world, is based upon a simple Reality Code-one that we can change and upgrade by choice? New revelations in physics and biology suggest that we're about to find out!
A growing body of scientific evidence suggests that our universe works like a Consciousness Computer. Rather than the nu
Published (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Spontaneous Healing of Belief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spontaneous Healing of Belief

Ron Campbell
This book by Braden made me realize how much we have lost by our blind faith in the 'classic science' and how we limit our selves with our Belief of separation. The one area that I would disagree with Braden is his use of the phrase 'False Limits', there is nothing false about these limitations that we put on our self.

There are no 'right' or 'wrong' Beliefs, no 'Good' or 'Bad' Beliefs, there are only empowering or limiting Beliefs. As an example there are individuals who truly believe that it i
Judith
Jan 11, 2010 Judith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Judith by: ingaltca@gmail.com
I bought this as a 4 CD Set and recommend reading it this way. It is an intriguing mind-blower. I got to the end and put in #1 again. Finally I loaned it to a friend but can't seem top get it back because she keeps starting it over. So much to think about. He also discusses the 2012 issues.
Avel
Recommend this. This book is the most incredible gift you and your future will ever receive! Mr. Braden has made the intricate and complex science of quantum physics "code" readable and decipherable for everybody. It contains new information and is not a re-write of any of the other books I've found on quantum physics and manifestation. It's full of solid research, rich in concrete examples and exquisitely written for both the "lay person" and the scientist. Once I opened the cover, I couldn't s ...more
Joe Rapisarda
I love how Greg Bradden mixes science with spirituality. I used this book as part of the research for my own book, Awaken Your Power!, where I cite Braden to show how our thoughts work to create our reality. Awaken Your Power!: The Secret of Life Revealed - How Your Thoughts Create Your Reality I definitely recommend all of Braden's books. I consider him to be one of our true pioneers in the metaphysical and mental fields.
Michael
When you write a book, and then you want to write another book, please make sure the second book is not the first book.

The was ridiculously disappointing! The author took his first book The Divine Matrix Bridging Time Space Miracles and Belief and rebooted it with a more healing aspect to it. But the information was so similar throughout, that it was like reading the same book. It was reading the same book.

Read one or the other, but don't read both. It seems the author wanted to make a more pr
Cristina
It inspires people to think differently and positively:
The reason I recommend this book to everybody is because that the author uses simple word to describe some complex theories. It inspires me to continue to believe what I've been believing in life. What we believe do actually create our reality!!
Susana
I like Gregg Braden's work. I did not feel that I had to read this book cover to cover as most of what's said I've read over and over again in other similar books. It's great if you never read anything about "quantum physics" or want a more scientific approach to "manifesting".
Karen
I love that this book succesfully combines science and religion. This book reflects many of my beliefs. It is not the easiest book to read, but the message is very powerful.
I would recommend everyone to read this book and feel empowered in their daily lives from this.
Donna
Sep 29, 2008 Donna added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in spirituality
When I read The Isaiah Code years ago, I became a Gregg Braden fan. This book is more of the same, proving that science is coming up one side of the mountain and spirituality coming up the other side and they inevitably meet.
Shelli
One of the best books I've read on the power of belief and the way our thoughts affect our lives. If you've been looking for a book on quantum physics that's clear and understandable, I'd recommend this one!
David
I love his ideas and concepts, however they often lack the depth of practical application. I like his work and would recommend him for all spiritual seekers.
Kimball
Feb 06, 2014 Kimball rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nick Kieren
Recommended to Kimball by: Larry Hansen
Another great conscious book like the last few I've read. I listened to this book while looking for water valves by Ben's house and at the Fairgrounds. It was great. I like how the author intertwines faith/belief and science. I was a little confused with his Good and Evil awakening he had. I'll need to listen to that part over again. One thought that I had before I read the book was about man's age and his belief. Such as why do humans live to be about 70-100 when we're physically capable of muc ...more
4-CD audiobook. A good read. I find this philosophy calming to my judgments. There is a peace that comes with knowing that you really know nothing. That's not exactly what this book is about, but that's where my mind kept wandering. This is not my first that I've read on the subject, but all I've read has seemed vague and so I wanted to get more to the meat of the subject. This book didn't really fulfill that for me. I'd already heard of many of the studies and examples he used and was kinda dis ...more
Soroush
This book by Gregg Braden belongs to the "New Science/Spirituality" genre. As the author notes in the introduction section, this isn't a science book. Some of the arguments that are presented in this book are supported through anecdotal evidences and personal accounts. If you are used to reading scientific books, with scientific citations and references, you may find this book quite unsound and may not take its premises or conclusions seriously. The references in the Endnotes section are mostly ...more
Iona  Main Stewart
It may be because I'm dense but although Ive read the whole book, I haven't quite understood the title: Is "belief" the object in the phrase, i.e. is the belief that which is healed, or is it the subject, i.e. is Braden talking about what belief can heal? Presumably the latter.

Was somewhat disappointed by this book partly because the author's intellectual approach to the subject under discussion didn't suit me, partly because I didn't feel he presented anything particularly new that I hadn't hea
Vaughan Jones
Great book, very well written, in everyday language, which makes it easy to understand. The concept of marrying new scientific discoveries about atoms within energy fields and the ancient spiritual beliefs of believing using feeling in one's heart to create miracles, brings about renewed hope for mankind in terms of changing the world and healing ourselves.

I strongly recommend this work to those who are seeking new life and truths concerning reality.
Rogier
This book is somewhat interesting because it sheds light on some of the ways in which current science may be beginning to grapple with an understanding of how perception makes reality.
Unfortunately the book is a bit boring, and lacks substance on all levels. In my view it is really an essay that was stretched out into a book, but in order to make it a book the case should have been more thoroughly documented. Right now this is a draft for a book but the book has yet to be written.

Skim it for an
Karen
I'm re-reading all Gregg's books ....... The Divine Matrix, The Isaiah Effect, The God Code and his new one, Fractal Time.

I met Gregg years ago in Chicago. Very gentle spirit who holds much truth, although very unconventional by some standards.

He's a scientist but his primary gift has been the incredible research he's done at all the old sacred sites - Macchu Picchu, Pyramids, Tibet, and many indigenous cultures, especially the Hopi in the American southwest. He marries modern scientific fact wi
Susan
I was swept along with physicist Gregg Braden’s thesis of a participatory reality … that we can influence matter and events with our thoughts and beliefs. The act of projecting our feelings and beliefs on the particles of the universe changes those particles (p.39) I read this book after his more recent Fractal Time, and occasionally found an overlap of the material. But his support of this concept with both anecdotal and scientific studies was entertaining and informative. Love those tricky qua ...more
Robert Morgen
Gregg Braden does an excellent job meshing complex scientific concepts and ancient wisdom.

Using simple language Braden shows how the Universe operates like a computer. It may not do what you want it to do, but it will always do what you tell it to.

He goes on to show how your beliefs are the ‘programs’ that you run and how to take control of those beliefs to create your life the way you want to to be.

This is my favorite Gregg Braden book and I highly recommend it.
Mick
Another great book by Gregg Braden (although I didn't enjoy it as much as The Divine Matrix,)
Mina
Gregg Braden's awkward writing style makes it very difficult to want to finish reading this book. He really needs to work on making his writing less convoluted and more concrete. He was not meant to be a writer. I think he is a good speaker, but not a writer. I understand what he means when he tries to describe an idea of theory, but he doesn't have the ability to describe such in an even remotely interesting manner. He needs a new editor.
Jessica
I actually made it as far as page 28, with a bit of a struggle, because Gregg was really annoying me. Then I came to the sentence: "The idea is certainly attractive; in fact, it's beautiful." Aaaarrgh! Gregg, shut up! Who writes this kind of drivel and gets published? Where's your editor? This book could've been a pleasurable read and half the length if you would have just cut out the extra verbiage. It's not endearing, it's annoying.
Joy Ayscue
if you are having difficulties in changing your life to reflect your desires and needs more accurately, you probably need to change your beliefs (in fact, i know you do!) this book will help you to understand the science and spirituality behind neuro-plasticity and how important our thoughts and beliefs are in creating our realities. an easy read, like all of Braden's books, well written and inspiring!
Toni McKilligan
Best to read his other books first (Divine Matrix & God Code) as this books builds on the concepts introduced in them. What he says makes sense and he offers some good exercises to bring subconscious beliefs to light. But I think I will go back and read he earlier works before forming any solid opinions.
Samuel Morse
There were books I had to read before this one to be in the mindset to accept these teachings. However, having arrived there this book is quite literally life changing. I cannot recommend it enough, but it is not for everyone unless you are truly ready to put your view of life and reality on its head.
Oscar Aparicio
Es interesante,, aunque aun me quedan cabos sueltos..
Bouncingsoul24
Interesting read, regardless if one agrees with new-agey type thinking. I'm not sure he has all of his scientific evidence correct, but the author's ideas can be inspirational. Final thoughts: If you like new age type stuff, you'll adore it. If you don't, skip this author altogether.
Magic Mary Austin
Although this subject interests me immensely, I found the book boring and a tedious read. I dont care for authors who say the same thing over and over in different words in order to make a short book longer and I felt this was the case here.

• Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)
  • Chakra Clearing
  • Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration
  • Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue
  • Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life
New York Times best selling author Gregg Braden is internationally renowned as a pioneer in bridging science and spirituality. Following a successful career as a Computer Geologist for Phillips Petroleum during the 1970s energy crisis, he became a Senior Computer Systems Designer for Martin Marietta Defense Systems during the last year of the Cold War. In 1991 he was appointed the first Technical ...more
More about Gregg Braden...
The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief The Isaiah Effect: Decoding the Lost Science of Prayer and Prophecy Fractal Time: The Secret of 2012 and a New World Age The God Code The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies & Possibilities