Start by marking “And Another Thing: The World According to Clarkson: Volume 2” as Want to Read:
And Another Thing: The World According to Clarkson: Volume 2

And Another Thing: The World According to Clarkson: Volume 2 (The World According to Clarkson #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,996 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews

In And Another Thing... the outspoken and outrageous presenter Jeremy Clarkson, shares his opinions on just about everything.

Jeremy Clarkson finds the world such a perplexing place that he wrote a bestselling book about it. Yet, despite the appearance of The World According to Clarkson, things - amazingly - haven't improved. Not being someone to give up easily, however,

Published (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about And Another Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Another Thing

Jim
Nov 27, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I vaguely remember some of these rants from the Sunday Times columns, but what is more surprising is the amount I can’t remember at all. Two or three at a time is all I can take to be honest, and if anything Clarkson is getting worse as he gets older. Are there any redeeming features out there in the wide world? Not for him. The whole place is being shagged by environmentalists, Johnny Foreigner, Uncle Sam and Piers Morgan. It’s all a man can do to sit for ten minutes on the bog for some peace. ...more
Bhavya Gupta
Oct 25, 2015 Bhavya Gupta rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this book. It wasn't meant for me. In fact, it was meant only for a 40-something British living in Britain in 2004-05.
Sure, it had its quarks. And sure, there were parts that were pretty funny (hence the rating), but apart from that, I couldn't find any redeeming quality in this book when read by an Indian teenager in 2015.
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 Neri. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this one after I've read the first one and it left me with aching sides because of laughing and thinking how true most of the stuff is. It is also another book for men as it is explained in a way that mostly dudes find interesting and relatable.
Leosya
Jan 22, 2016 Leosya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book 1CAnd Another Thing 1D was written by Jeremy Clarkson who as well as being a writer he is also a co-presenter of a car show called Top Gear and is the tallest person on British Television. I have read some of his books and I chose to read this one because I knew that Jeremy writes his comments on real life events. he always writes them in a humourous way and that is why I enjoy reading his books. This book was based off of his articles in newspapers.

I learned many things from this book
Patrick Neylan
Jan 02, 2013 Patrick Neylan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Patrick by: Tony Neylan
Clarkson likes to play the oaf, usually for humorous purposes. He's a lot smarter than that, but his irritation with environmentalists (who despise him as much as he despises them) and officialdom is real enough. In print, he's prepared to argue his point rather than make the funny-but-shallow jibes that characterise his style on Top Gear, his image as an exasperated simple man who just wants to live his life comes across rather well because he does his research (or relies on personal experience ...more
Louise Armstrong
Feb 15, 2012 Louise Armstrong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun and some good ideas to think about. JC has no fear when it comes to tackling the sillier, double-thinking ideas that some people have about the world. What would you rather have? he enquires bluntly, teeth or a nice view? Let's be honest, we'd all say teeth. It's always other people who spoil the view or create problems! It's never us wanting teeth, or using our heating, is it? I love the way he's not afraid to point out these inconvenient facts.

He's also much more sensible about fre
Gus
Jan 28, 2016 Gus rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a compilation of Clarkson weekly colomn in the Sunday Times. These stories are

generally his views on current events. At times they are quite funny laugh out loud at

other times his views are very bigoted. They are also very English and for an Aussie

reader you don’t know to whom he is referring and so the joke is lost. Only read half as it

is very segmented, hope to pick it up again and finish it off. I think it would be excellent

toilet reading!
Nigel
Never short of an opinion and seldom shy of seeking to shock or insult someone, preferably both it is an easy read with some laugh out loud moments! An assuming distraction which is occasionally offensive and invariably smug would wear thin in time unless you're the loyalist of disciples which I am not.
Vince Grey
Jeremy Clarkson books I always class as coffee break books, as that's normally put some articles away, or when I'm between books and need something dippable to tide me by. Some points you'll agree, some disagree some laugh with or at. Perfectly entertaining but not exactly deep.
Julia
Jan 27, 2013 Julia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly think Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious. On Top Gear and other various British shows I've seen him on, I've been rolling on the floor laughing at his quick wit and plays on words. Unfortunately, this book was absolutely not up to the expectations I had for something written by such a funny man. In the three days it took me to read this I didn't crack a single smile at any of his jokes and, even worse, I often found myself completely disagreeing with that he was trying to sell to me as good ...more
May 16, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book, with excellent comic timing, wet-your-pants laughter, and of course, JEZZA on the front cover. Like it a lot more than his first collection, 'Born To Be Riled', as although I am an avid fan of Top Gear, there were way too many car analogies. This, however, was just superb; it's a book that cheers you up immensly by allowing you to have a silent rant along with Jeremy on just about every subject: the pointlessness of enviormentalists, the state of Tony Blair's 'New England', and w ...more
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten.

Extracts from Clarkson's column in the Sunday Times. The usual rants about any and every subject. Quite amusing but often needs to be read at the time the column was written (they tend to be topical) which means this book has a limited lifespan.

Rosa Folgar
Feb 17, 2011 Rosa Folgar rated it liked it
Typical Clarkson. It was incredibly entertaining. It was a little too British for me to fully understand what or who he was talking about, but from what I can tell, its a collection of his column. Reads like a blog with funny anecdotes and loads of complaining. I'm all about that, so I thought it was the knee of the bee. Why then did I not rate it higher? Mostly because I didn't get the really British bits and I don't like the american trash talking. If you can get passed that, its JC the way we ...more
Brian
Jun 03, 2012 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, reviewed
A collection of his weekly columns in the UK's 'Sunday times' newspaper dating between January 2004 and December 2005, Jeremy passes his own unique judegement on a wide variety of topics.

If you're not a fan of his irreverant 'take-no-prisoners, call-it-as-he-sees-it' attitude and writing style, then there are plenty of other books out there that might suit you better... on quilting perhaps? Or even flower-arranging...

However, if you too find yourself continually frustrated by the boneheaded deci
Emma Morrison
Mar 28, 2014 Emma Morrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As many others have said, this shows the breadth of Clarkson. He knows cars, but he also knows family, travel, politics and how to get you onside.

Some of the content is getting dated (now about 8 years old) but entertaining nonetheless.
Mark Farley
Jun 29, 2013 Mark Farley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's something about Jeremy Clarkson that I can't quite put my finger on. Everything should suggest that I should hate him and not even want to pick up one of his books or watch one of his shows. But yet I do. His brand of tired misogyny and out of touch dad stupidity and his obsession with gas guzzling cars is everything that I hate. Yet I'm still drawn to him. Even some of his opinions I don't agree with. Yet I'm transfixed by his books, I laugh my balls off and sometimes even find myself a ...more
Justin
May 28, 2016 Justin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Felt quite a bit more tedious than the first and third books. I can't quite put my finger on it but it seemed to lack some of the spark and charm, and instead was just a cranky old man ranting. I know that's his shtick, but... it wasn't pulled off as well as usual in this one.
Rebekah
Jul 07, 2011 Rebekah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
If you hate Jeremy Clarkson then this book isn't going to change anything. (How can anyone hate him?) If you are one of the better people who can actually stand him, then continue and read it.
Some of these are very funny. I did find myself laughing out loud a couple of times. But others just feel like a middle aged man ranting about the world and how things ain't as good today as it was 'back it the day'. But saying that, he is a middle aged man so what do you expected.
Therefor only 3 stars. 3.5
Barbra
Feb 04, 2011 Barbra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I do find the man quite arrogant I do like his sense of humour and found some of this book quite funny.

Back Cover Blurb:
In And Another Thing the king of the exasperated quip discovers that:

* bombing North Carolina is bad for Yorkshire
* we can look forward to exploding at the age of 62
* Russians look bad in Speedos. But not as bad as we do
* wasps are the highest form of life

Funny and in your face, Jeremy Clarkson bursts the pointless little bubbles of the idiots while celebrating the spe
Tineke
Jul 13, 2014 Tineke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Finished in a day and enjoyed it. Very easy to read.
Mike
Nov 24, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: commentary
While decidedly British in nature,Jezzo has a multi-cultural world view of the human condition and that condition is pathetic. What books still make you laugh out loud? This one. It is outrageous, politically incorrect, ballsy and spot on. Be forewarned, do not attempt to read this book in a public library. Your snickering and guffaws will get you booted. Mr. Clarkson, after your years of pointing out our idiocy in newspaper columns, TV shows and books, is there no end to your well of sarcasm? I ...more
Bálint
Mar 07, 2016 Bálint rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still good, although I liked the first one better.
Tristan Ropa
The world is a very bizarre place according to Jeremy Clarkson. This book includes things like why the black American Express card is worthless and a wast of time.Jeremy Clarkson tries to understand teenagers, Americans and the world in its self. With many jokes about the Americans and the french I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the show Top gear or just wants to read a hilarious book From the viewpoint of a middle aged British man.
Amanda
Feb 20, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this a bit ago and put it down and then picked it up again. I'm not sure why I set it down the first time it is hysterical. But I suppose you have to be somewhat familiar with Jeremy Clarkson, ie: Top Gear host for it to really be awesome. While he rags on Americans almost as frequently as environmentalists as long as I hear his voice in my head I am laughing out loud and getting strange looks when I read in waiting rooms.
Kifflie
Apr 16, 2015 Kifflie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
Jeremy's second collection of columns, from 2005.

I don't always agree with him on things, but he does have a way of making me take a hard look at what I really do believe, and I have enough of a libertarian streak in me that I can relate to quite a bit of what he writes about.

He's more than a bit of a curmudgeon at this point, and I'll be curious, as I keep reading this series, to see if and how he mellows over the years.
Mikk Kard
Clarkson nagu Clarkson. 11 aasta taguseid ajalehekolumne on ajanihke mõttes isegi huvitavam lugeda.
Nicole (PhotographsMakeMemories)
I love Jeremy Clarkson's books; they're funny, insightful and 9/10 years later, still relevant to the world today. Sure, you won't agree on everything he says, but their his opinions and he's not afraid to say them and for that, he should get credit.

This is the second book of his that I've read, and I can promise you that I will be finishing the series and reading some of his other books as well.
Gary
May 29, 2012 Gary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clarkson is heaps of fun; refreshingly non-pc! Crude at times, yes. Offensive even, yes. But boy he knows how to hit the mark with his satire. Humour is the perfect pin to burst the bubbles of wacky environmentalists, puffed-up politicians, smile-less bureaucrats, and all others who suck lemons for breakfast before heading into the world wearing underwear that's three sizes too small.

Loved it.
Gary Braham
Jul 22, 2012 Gary Braham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just got into Top Gear a few years ago. And I'm not a car person, and I've never been to Europe so a lot of the cultural/political references went over my head. But the book was still very entertaining and enlightening. I find myself agreeing with Mr. Clarkson on a lot of his views. And even when I didn't, it was still a very good read.
Matt Emmons
Jeremy Clarkson. Grumpy as usual.
  • Notes from the Hard Shoulder
  • Or Is That Just Me?
  • 'Rommel?' 'Gunner Who?': A Confrontation in the Desert
  • Twitter Wit: Brilliance in 140 Characters or Less
  • Advanced Banter: The Qi Book of Quotations
  • Spoken From The Front: Real Voices From the Battlefields of Afghanistan
  • The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
  • Don't Be That Guy: A Collection of 60 Annoying Guys We All Know and Wish We Didn't
  • Bearded Tit
  • I'm Not Hanging Noodles on Your Ears and Other Intriguing Idioms From Around the World
  • The Man in the White Suit: The Stig, Le Mans, the Fast Lane and Me
  • Undersea Prison (Stratton, #4)
  • In the Valley of the Kings: Howard Carter and the Mystery of King Tutankhamun's Tomb
  • Screen Burn
  • The Alternative Hero
  • This United State (Tweed & Co. #16)
  • Niubi!: The Real Chinese You Were Never Taught in School
  • Inside Drucker's Brain
Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson (born April 11, 1960) is an English broadcaster and writer who specialises in motoring.

He writes weekly columns for The Sunday Times and The Sun, but is better known for his role on the BBC television programme Top Gear.

From a career as a local journalist in the north of England, he rose to public prominence as a presenter of the original format of Top Gear in 1988.
More about Jeremy Clarkson...

The World According to Clarkson (6 books)
  • The World According to Clarkson (World According to Clarkson, #1)
  • For Crying Out Loud! (World According to Clarkson, #3)
  • How Hard Can It Be? (World According to Clarkson, #4)
  • Is It Really Too Much To Ask? (World According to Clarkson, #5)
  • As I Was Saying . . .: The World According to Clarkson Volume 6

“Lego, however, is always opened and then left lying around so adults have something to tread on when they are prowling around around the house at two in the morning, in bare feet, looking for the source of a noise.” 6 likes
“and although the W came along in the tenth century, modern Germans still seem to manage perfectly well by using a V instead. Except when the German managing director of Aston Martin tries to say ‘vanquish’.” 2 likes