Start by marking “The Backdoor to Enlightenment: Eight Steps to Living Your Dreams and Changing Your World” as Want to Read:

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Everyone dreams of a better life. All the things you’ve ever wanted — happiness, loving relationships, well-being, abundance, and peace of mind — are all qualities of enlightenment, a way of embracing our fullest potential that seemed unavailable to us, until now.

For thousands of years, the secret to enlightenment has remained hidden in the distant reaches of the Himalaya...more
Published February 19th 2008 by Harmony (first published February 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Backdoor to Enlightenment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Backdoor to Enlightenment

Alex
I LOVE this book. I think it's utterly brilliant, a total eye-opener. I can't recommend this strongly enough. I think if you are in the right frame of mind, this is a book that could change your life dramatically.

The book is a breakdown of the six perfections talked about in Vajrayana Buddhism, but don't let that put you off if you're not into Buddhism. It's presented in a very non-religious way by means of presenting through a story that parallels the book, and in reality, the six perfections a...more
Mark
May 12, 2008 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Mark by: the Liberrry
I really liked this book because it mixed a great story with buddhist teaching. Instead of being a full step by step self help book, it had a story and then analzyed the characters to get the points across.

The story read like the Divinci Code, so each chapter left you with a cliffhanger, wanting more. I also liked, that while it was a spiritual book, it wasn't really preachy and it downplayed the steps.

It was a story wrapped in a story - wrapped in a tortilla shell :). Great motivational book es...more
Sammy Sutton
I really enjoyed this book. 'The Backdoor to Enlightenment' was two-fold for me as a wonderful modern/historical mystery, and a book full of fabulous details and insight about spirituality. I am not sure where this book came from...it seems to have appeared on the shelf of my coffee table one day. Its rather mysterious appearance has always been rather significant to me. LOL Nevertheless, it is a fabulous book with an awesome mystery surrounding an interesting artifact.
Laz
Informative easy read. Great intro read.
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Josphat Gitau
Josphat Gitau marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Angela Dempster-passang
Angela Dempster-passang marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Martine
Martine marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Fridah Nyamu
Fridah Nyamu marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Janice Plack
Janice Plack marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Salifu Mutaru
Salifu Mutaru is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2013