Start by marking “More Than Conquerors” as Want to Read:
More Than Conquerors

More Than Conquerors

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  19 reviews
This edition is a happy combination of real scholarship and simplicity of expression that makes this commentary especially helpful to lay persons. Bible scholars will appreciate it thoroughness and the distinctive approach. Dr. Hendriksen adopted very definite and sane principles of interpretation and clearly and consistently applied them throughout. The result is a straig ...more
Published June 1st 1979 by Baker Publishing Group (MI) (first published June 29th 1905)

Stephen
For those who are tired of contemporary end time readings, annoyed at wacky interpretations of Revelation, and wanting a sober well exegete of the Bible's last book, then this book is a MUST read for you. Hendrickson does well to keep your attention, and most importantly that is so lost on Biblical reading, he uses the Bible to interpret the Bible. He presents and makes a compelling case for Amillenniumism(spelling?). Although not completely exhaustive of the text, Hendrickson provides the reade ...more
Macira
This book proved such a great help once again. I first read it some years back, but reread it due the dispensationalist teaching that I was being assaulted with at my local church. Dr Hendriksen gives a us thorougher explanation of the Book of Revelation, and his spiritual application of its theology is most refreshing.
Jason Montgomery
Awesome - truly sets forth the triumph of Christ over all enemies. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Melissa
FINALLY! I've looked for an interpretation of Revelation that makes sense for YEARS, and I find it's been available since before I was born. Who knew? What I love about Hendriksen's interpretation is that he uses scripture to interpret scripture. He takes all views into account and argues for or against each one. With scripture. As a writer, I appreciate how he sees the literary craftsmanship of the Bible and considers that throughout the work. The ones who do this make the best teachers. Hendri ...more
Mike Walker
This book was given to me by a friend at church. Word on the street is that I'm leaning toward a post-millennial eschatology. I think this brother was alarmed and wanted to get something solidly Amillennial into my hands before I drifted too far to the dark side. I have studiously avoided eschatology during my five-year Reformed journey because thirty years as Dispensationalist, with their love affair with the modern State of Israel, their pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib rapture debates, and newsp ...more
Jeff Mclaughlin
I first read this book as an undergraduate and it was great to re-acquire and re-read it. This is the clearest and most cohesive treatment of Revelation I have read. This 1940 book is a classic.
Angela Platt
A brilliant, in-depth analysis of the book of Revelation. Hendriksen begins the book with chapters providing a general analysis, unity and diversity, symbolism found, and an overview of the basis for interpretation. He then analyzes Revelation chronologically, from a thoroughly idealist perspective. Throughout the book he presents a series of propositions which, when compiled, provide an excellent overview of all the book's principles.

This book is quite technical, so perhaps not for the beginne
Gregory Soderberg
A good reading of Revelation from an amillennial point of view ... I just don't about his overall thesis that Revelation is recapitulatory (is that even a word??). Hendriksen (and others) believe that the different sections of Revelation relate history (from a spiritual point of view) repeatedly, emphasizing different spiritual truths each time. The fact that he (and others) can read Revelation this way should at least make us pause and consider their view-point. In a book as magnificent as Reve ...more
Anthony Lawson
This is was great Reformed moderate preterest commentary.
Michael
This is a good book for people who are researching information on the book of Revelation. It presents a lot of useful information. However, if you insist that the pretribulation Rapture view is correct and everything else is worthless, then you will be wasting your time reading this book.

Even though the author takes the point of view that Revelation has a nonliteral interpretation, he does in fact say that there is some literal meaning in it.
Linda Johnson
Ambitious insightful book clarifying the Book of Revelation. A challenging read but worth the effort.
Matt Maples
Very good commentary. It's light enough for the average study of Revelation, but it's technical enough to really get into and come away with an understanding of Revelation. This book is actually used extensively by some of the most thorough commentaries on Revelation. This is a great foundation to your study on John's important Epistle.
Mac
A good explanation of the book of Revelation from the amillennial view point. I really enjoyed the read. It has serious exegesis and sound arguments in defense of the view. I think it is a must read for serious students of Revelation, even if you don't agree with his view (which I do not).
James
The classic
Rock Rockwell
One of the best books/commentaries on the book of Revelation from an Amillenium interpretation. A must read.
Michael Preston
Great book on Revelations. If you don't know much about it, this a an excellent source.
Peter Barber
A great interpretation of a book so often misunderstood. Highly recommended.
Cherop
Jul 18, 2009 Cherop is currently reading it
Shelves: christian
This book is currently in storage while my home is being renovated.
Donald
Great on Revelation. An alternative to Hal Lindsey.
Amor Alcantara
Amor Alcantara marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
James
James added it
Aug 20, 2015
Reuben
Reuben marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Bravotex
Bravotex marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Kevin
Kevin added it
Aug 15, 2015
John
John added it
Aug 12, 2015
  • The Book Of Revelation: A Commentary on the Greek Text (NIGTC)
  • The Bible and the Future
  • Triumph of the Lamb: A Commentary on Revelation
  • Romans
  • A Case for Amillennialism: Understanding the End Times
  • The Epistle to the Romans
  • Psalms 73-150
  • The Book of Revelation, Revised
  • Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12–14
  • The Last Days According to Jesus: When Did Jesus Say He Would Return?
  • The Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses
  • The Message of Ephesians (Bible Speaks Today NT)
  • Romans
  • The Potter's Freedom: A Defense of the Reformation and the Rebuttal of Norman Geisler's Chosen But Free
  • Last Days Madness: Obsession of the Modern Church
  • The Gospel According to John, Revised
  • Kingdom Come
  • Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament
New Testament Commentary Exposition of the Gospel According to John: Two Volumes Complete in One Survey of the Bible The Bible on the Life Hereafter Romans Luke (New Testament commentary)