Start by marking “Lessons in Mastery” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Mastery

Lessons in Mastery

Most of us struggle daily to pay the bills, take our jobs to the next level, nurture our relationships, support our health and maintain our peace of mind. Wouldn't you like to say goodbye to the endless struggle to balance our lives, and greet the dawning of an exceptionally satisfying and empowered existence?

If you're ready to take command of your future and achieve you

Audio CD, Abridged, 6 pages
Published July 1st 2002 by Simon Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Mastery

Amir
Apr 02, 2017 Amir rated it really liked it
Shelves: success
Well, this one was actually very good, lots of great ideas and great psychological tips and tricks to employ for both emotional well being and business improvement.

Emotions:
The first part was about emotions and how to manage them. A great insight I learned is that each emotion we feel, is there to send us message, for instance:

1. FEAR: Prepare yourself and get ready to deal with a future event
2. INADEQUACY: Do something to get better at it

3. HURT: An expectation has not been met, and you’ve acce
Vaishali
Feb 23, 2016 Vaishali rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
An older volume, but a good review of his classic principles.

Some notes:
============

There are no negative emotions.
--- Negative emotions serve a powerful purpose.
--- Negative emotions are a signal that a change is needed.
--- That’s valuable information; we don’t want to deny that emotion.

Every emotion has a message to do 6 things :
-------------------------
1. Identify the emotion
2. Acknowledge/appreciate it is offering you a message
3. Get incredibly curious
4. Feel reassured; you’ve worked this
Jefferson F
Jun 07, 2012 Jefferson F rated it it was amazing
I've listened to a and learned from this book at least 50 times the whole way through and it has honestly changed my life. This is a must for everyone as far as I'm concerned.
Connie Clay
Mar 26, 2015 Connie Clay rated it it was amazing
There are several great lessons in this book. One of the things I learned is that change happens in a moment. Robbins advises the reader to start the process by making a decision such as deciding to stop smoking or deciding to start exercising. Another important lesson is that joy and happiness are a choice. We can choose to be happy now. We don't have to wait until we're debt free, self-employed, etc.
Vincent Pham
May 27, 2015 Vincent Pham rated it liked it
it was ok. i'm a tony robbins fan no doubt, and his speaking and passion was quite valuable to me in the past. i think the lessons in this book are also valuable but not very new to me anymore. not to say i've mastered his teachings here, but i feel i dont need to read this stuff as much and do need to go out and just do it..
Mike "Poet"
Sep 27, 2012 Mike "Poet" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful, inspiring book. Disc 4 is very good on positive and negative thinking!

Disc 4 was like a personal message for us to guard our hearts from negative people and feelings. On how to be less judgmental and learn why people are in pain.

"Instead of being judgmental, be curious."
Sven
Jun 25, 2016 Sven rated it it was amazing
Tony Robbins describes negative emotions as "action signals" that need to be dealt with immediately by taken action, otherwise we'll remain in a state of unhappiness.

He puts them into ten broad categories:

1. Uncomfortable
7. Guilty
8. Inadequate
9. Overloaded
10. Lonely

This is especially helpful for writers, because it connects a person's feelings to the actions this person has to take in order to overcome his problems.

Tony Robbins' mo
Lisa Biskup
Feb 09, 2015 Lisa Biskup rated it it was amazing
Tony is great. I love listening to his audiobooks because he has so much energy and enthusiasm. He really gets my attention! I was already familiar with most of what he talks about in this book, but it is good to hear it over and over again. What you put into your mind matters, and it might as well be good, positive, encouraging stuff (most of the time).

If you haven't listened to Tony yet, now would be a good time!
Jo Forrester
Aug 28, 2014 Jo Forrester rated it really liked it
It was a very inspirational audio book with an interesting perspective on life. It is a 7 hour recording so it took me a good few days to listen to the whole thing. But I enjoyed it. I even took down notes. What I didn't like is that every suggestion came with at least 5 steps and sometimes each step had a few steps within them! In a nutshell he teaches that we have more control over our own lives and our happiness than we realize.
Mark Manderson
Aug 10, 2016 Mark Manderson rated it it was amazing
Anything of Robbins has provided me with so much value.
Highlights of these audio sessions:
Ask Yourself Daily:
1. What did I learn today?
2. What did I improve or contribute today?
3. What did I enjoy today?
Anticipate problems before they happen.
Ashik Uzzaman
Dec 05, 2016 Ashik Uzzaman rated it really liked it
A good read. Not that all the info in this book are new to me, but what I got at different times in different contexts - I see it conveniently collected in one place. And of course a few new things as well.
Shawn Camp
May 13, 2011 Shawn Camp rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2011
Great life lessons to live by. This one will be on my shelf to be listened to again. The enthusiasm that Tony Robbins displays is infectious and helps you implement many of these valuable lessons to help master many of these fundamental rules or suggestions.
Emad Fouad
Mar 25, 2013 Emad Fouad rated it really liked it
I've only listened to some tapes of this book. they are fantastic. I think they can make the stone move !! but I want a free version of the book to read
Mike Visser
Dec 01, 2015 Mike Visser rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommend-me, 5-star
A collection of Robbins' best ideas. Highly recommended.
Lear
Oct 22, 2010 Lear added it
This is a great audio book, I listened to it at least twice and its about 6 CD's
Dan
Oct 29, 2009 Dan rated it really liked it
Tony Robbins always has some great ideas to help improve your life.
Cor Siplon
Oct 06, 2016 Cor Siplon rated it it was amazing
Positivity plus action equals success. Definitely worth listening to over and over.
Mckinley
Oct 12, 2011 Mckinley rated it it was ok
NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) & unlimited personal power by controlling our nervous system.
Todd
Jun 28, 2013 Todd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: career
Very insightful. Helps you ask interesting questions about yourself. If you follow the different techniques that he lays out, you can honestly change your life.
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 Waseem rated it it was amazing
Really good audio...tony takes some of his best principles and compresses them to take action steps now, highly recommended to fellow Robbins fans...

Waseem Mirza
Nate Hewitt
Nov 15, 2013 Nate Hewitt rated it it was amazing
This Audio book was great. So much life changing advice, tools and ideas. Tony is one of my all time favourites.
Martha
Jun 24, 2013 Martha rated it really liked it
Robbins is always a motivational speaker. listening to this book was much more powerful than reading. Just the rich amount of information vs. motivation.
Howard
Dec 31, 2008 Howard rated it really liked it
I will be listening to these CD's again, excellent material
Cindy
Aug 28, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Outstanding lessons for life. Tony Robbins is an awesome motivator! I will listen to this again!
Will Wala
Nov 02, 2016 Will Wala rated it it was ok
نفس الكلام . نفس الاساليب . لكن اضافه فصلين جعلني اعطيه نجمتين .
Matthew Petitte
Oct 07, 2014 Matthew Petitte rated it did not like it
Ineffective pseudo psychological techniques. There are so many better books out there on the subject matter.
Robert Laffoday
May 01, 2014 Robert Laffoday rated it it was amazing
THis is the only one better than Dale Carnegie's,in my opinion
Peter
Apr 05, 2016 Peter rated it it was amazing
A great read as always
Rob
Oct 26, 2012 Rob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
Simply Amazing
Trung Mạnh
Trung Mạnh rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
  • Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart's Desire
  • The Science Of Self-Confidence
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • Goals: Setting And Achieving Them On Schedule
  • Instant Analysis: How to understand and change the 100 most common, annoying, puzzling, self-defeating behaviors and habits
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich...Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Magical Mind, Magical Body: Mastering the Mind/Body Connection for Perfect Health and Total Well-Being
  • Break Your Own Rules: How to Change the Patterns of Thinking That Block Women's Paths to Power
  • Equipping 101
  • Hissers
  • The Angel Inside: Michelangelo's Secrets For Following Your Passion and Finding the Work You Love
  • Perfectly Yourself: 9 Lessons for Enduring Happiness
For more than 30 years Tony Robbins' passion has been helping people BREAK THROUGH and take their lives to another level -- no matter how successful they already are -- in the areas that matter most: their business, personal finance, intimate relationships, families, careers and health.

Tony Robbins has helped more than 50 million people from more than 100 countries transform their lives and their
More about Anthony Robbins...