Start by marking “Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People” as Want to Read:
Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People

Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  1,084 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
An Internationally Bestselling Orin Book
This book is a national and internationally best-selling classic with a timeless message. It has been translated into over 24 languages.

Note: The revised eBook edition has been updated, however it is essentially the same as the printed edition in the information and teaching it contains.

Channel Sanaya Roman presents Personal Power Th
Published December 28th 1992 by HJ Kramer (first published 1986)

Opening to Channel by Sanaya RomanLiving in the Light by Shakti GawainLiving with Joy by Sanaya RomanDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerPagan Metaphysics 101 by Springwolf
Springwolf's Pagan Metaphysics List
6th out of 37 books — 17 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganThe Tears of Dark Water by Corban Addison
Books That Touched My Heart
157th out of 701 books — 498 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeff Maziarek
Jan 31, 2010 Jeff Maziarek rated it really liked it
I have three books by Sanaya Roman and found value in each one of them. All of them are more oriented toward the more experienced spiritual student. This particular title has loads of valuable wisdom in it, so I highly recommend it. Here's one of my favorite passages from it:

"Sympathy is feeling sorry for others, seeing that what is happening to them is negative or bad. Compassion is seeing that what is happening to them is for their growth, and assisting them in seeing that also. Compassion ref
Kiera Haddock
Apr 01, 2008 Kiera Haddock rated it it was amazing
My copy of this book is basically completely underlined. That is because literally every passage is relevant and important!
Andrea
Oct 16, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
One of the best, most accessible books I've read on self-awareness. Learn to listen, pay attention, feel, heal, calm, and guide your thoughts to the most loving path possible. Timeless wisdom and advice! Highly recommended no matter where you are in life. A book that can be re-read over and over or opened to a random page when you need guidance.
Esther
Jun 07, 2010 Esther rated it it was amazing
wow
Nargiz
Dec 28, 2015 Nargiz rated it really liked it
A book about how to channel your energy and to develop an intuition. It is not a reading book rather than a practice book , as a reader should do exercises in order to grasp the whole benefit of it.

My favorite quotes:
"When you are judgmental or critical, you are most affected by other people's energy"
"Every time another person creates pain in you it is a gift. It is showing you an area in which your heart has not yet learned to be open."
Sontue
Dec 06, 2011 Sontue rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. It's for people who are spiritual, not religious. It provides you with simple tools to gain personal self awareness in a non-preachy/hard to read manner. Teaches you that you have a significant impact on the world around you and helps you understand those around you and their impact on your life/everyday life.
Katie
Jul 29, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
This is the first book my dear friend and spiritual mentor, Trishna Horkan, recommended. It was a world away from the beliefs I'd grown up with, but as soon as I started reading, I knew it was true. Put me on a new path for sure. Life changing.
Brittany Valdez
Jul 10, 2015 Brittany Valdez rated it liked it
Very empowering read on how to channel your energy and thoughts.
Learned a lot on how to discover and communicate through telepathy and spirit.
A lot of positive direction for spiritual seekers.
Sheryl Valentine
I read this book in the early 90s, but was prompted to it again recently... spoke to me profoundly in regard to certain things going on now. Timeless material.
Jen
Feb 28, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
Ever wandered if there was some kind of guide book series for being human on earth? Then book 2 of the Earth Life Series should be some good reading for you.
Caroline Shearer
Apr 05, 2010 Caroline Shearer rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite spiritual book. I feel like every line speaks to me, even now that I have read it many times. I highly recommend it!!
Martha
Sep 03, 2013 Martha rated it really liked it
it is a great book about telepathy and sensitivity to energy. I appreciated the energetic reminders and the focus on love and forgiveness.
~wendy~
Jun 07, 2008 ~wendy~ rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have read and really started me on a path to change my life for the better.
Logospilgrim
A phenomenal read.
Ghan Bremer
Jan 06, 2016 Ghan Bremer rated it it was amazing

Yes, our brain is a powerful filter that molds experiences and perceptions of reali
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
This book is solidly in line with prevailing New Age thought; still, I think it has many valuable insights. Not that I agree with them all, however. Also, I'm not quite sure I believe that this is indeed a channeled work, as the apparent author, Sanaya Roman, asserts. The subconscious mind is an almost limitless repository of facts, concepts and theories encountered throughout life. This information can be accumulated due to life experiences, studying, and/or reading. Roman could simply have acc ...more
Lauren
Jun 15, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely life-changing. As and old soul this book opened me up to the beginning of a spiritual based life (If that even is a thing!) I recommend this to anyone who wants to deepened their understanding of the world around them and open their minds to live a more meaningful life. My original copy is so beat up with underlining, pen, highlighting, sticky notes and dog tagging. I just had to because everything on every page was just so relevant and were all things that I have questi ...more
Jenny
Mar 11, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
This is four stars WITH the caveat that it is highly "woo woo" (written via channeled messages for crying out loud) and therefore not for everyone, but her first book Living With Joy had a huge impact on me and I've re-read it several times since. She shares pretty common principles about energy, abundance, attraction, intuition but in a very clear, direct way which I appreciate. Not a lot of case studies, dialog or fluff -- just good reminders on how to tune into our own intuition and energy to ...more
Debbie Hill
Nov 17, 2015 Debbie Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, spiritual
I have recomended this book to so very many people! If you are wuilling to look at your life a little differently you can change your life in a powerful way. This opened me up to an entire new world. I was already reading for people as a Nedium/Spiritual Advisor and they wanted to know how to read as well. We all have this gift and i found this book to be the best way to help anyone change and help their lives!
Tarolyn Elder
Mar 30, 2016 Tarolyn Elder rated it it was amazing
This is such an awesome book!!!! This one has started me in my spiritual journey and even after having it for two years and read through I still go back and find things I can still learn from. This book never gets old and you will always find something to learn from.
Pamela Hamilton
Aug 13, 2015 Pamela Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Another Wonderful book of Sanaya Roman, and Orin. For me this book was the next step from the teachings of Abraham, by Esther Hicks. I am thirsty for all I can find out about Universal Laws and these books of Sanaya Roman really help me to quench that thirst. I absolutely loved it!
Duane W. Stockton
Jul 28, 2014 Duane W. Stockton rated it it was amazing
There's an amazing amount of wisdom in this book. Have you ever wondered why you feel drained when being around someone who is being negative or uplifted when being around someone who is joyful and funny? This book helps explain why and so much more.
Michelle Corder
Jan 06, 2016 Michelle Corder rated it really liked it
I was surprised, but I really liked this book. It was exactly what I needed to read at that moment. It helped to bring my perspective back in focus.
Mustafe
Aug 04, 2015 Mustafe rated it it was amazing
nice
Kylie Baker
Jul 26, 2016 Kylie Baker rated it it was amazing
this book has helped my understand myself a lot more and what i have experienced. It has also awakened me more spiritually and i know within myself i have become stronger with my gifts. I am using the techniques to help better myself around negative people
Eliza Fayle
Jan 06, 2013 Eliza Fayle rated it liked it
This book was a really important one for me. As an emotional intuitive, I run the risk of blending my energy and emotional state with everyone I come into contact with. We all do it to some extent, but emotional intuitives run the risk of becoming overwhelmed. It’s like being plugged into a huge machine that is draining our batteries at an alarming rate.The techniques described in this book, however, provided me with instant results.

Personal power through awareness? Heavy emphasis on power I wou
Brinthusha Mahalingam
Feb 28, 2016 Brinthusha Mahalingam rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book!
Favourite Quote: "Every time another person creates pain in you it is a gift"
Christopher Fry
Apr 16, 2015 Christopher Fry rated it really liked it
more mind yoga
Jeff
Feb 03, 2016 Jeff rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone struggling in an area of their lives.
Recommended to Jeff by: Discovered it on my own.

1st Read: June 1, 1996 - June 1, 1996

Very good reading material towards your higher self. I had absorbed this in about five hours in the quiet of my own home. So many interesting thoughts along the way passed through my mind. Absolutely loved this book. If you wish to attain the potential you always dreamed about, this is a good place to start.

2nd Read: June 2, 1996 - June 10, 1996

Re-read and took notes at the same time for personal and educational use.
Denise
Aug 02, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I'm re-reading this book after several years. It still amazes me how revenant and powerful the thoughts and advice written by Sanaya Roman is. Unlike what the title might imply, "personal power" is the awareness of your thoughts, the thoughts of others and how holding higher thoughts (and lower) affect us. It's a reminder that thoughts do impact our physical reality. Will read it a third time someday.
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
  • The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing
  • The Way of Liberation
  • Love Without Conditions
  • A Deep Breath of Life
  • The Spiritual Emerson: Essential Writings by Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • The Power of Praying: Help for a Woman's Journey Through Life
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • God and Football: Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
Sanaya Roman has been channeling Orin, a wise and gentle spirit teacher, for many years. Orin, a timeless being of love and light, has assisted thousands of people to awaken spiritually through his books, seminars, and audio courses. Orin teaches us how to reach the Divine within us, our true self, so we can grow through joy and release struggle, and experience love, peace, and abundance in our da ...more
More about Sanaya Roman...

“To sense energy accurately, learn to get quiet, to step outside your thoughts, feelings, and emotions, and to become a blank screen so that you can receive impressions.” 1 likes
“The first skill to develop for sensing energy is the ability to pay attention. Learn how to observe others by being silent. You know what it is like to sit back and watch. Observe any area about which you want more information without judgment or having any opinions or preconceived ideas about it. As you think intently about something, you will begin to receive guidance, ideas, and new thoughts about the issue.” 1 likes