Start by marking “The Bible of Unspeakable Truths” as Want to Read:
The Bible of Unspeakable Truths

The Bible of Unspeakable Truths

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Greg Gutfeld, the acclaimed host of the popular, nightly Fox News show Red Eye, has packed this book full of his most aggressive (and funny) diatribes -- each chapter exploring Unspeakable Truths that cut right to the core and go well beyond just politics. Greg deconstructs pop culture, media, kids, disease, race, food, sex, celebrity, current events, and nearly every othe ...more
Published May 25th 2010 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Bible of Unspeakable Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bible of Unspeakable Truths

[Name Redacted]
This is a man who takes nothing seriously. He reminds me very much of myself before the depression set in as heavily as it has; a sort of avatar for Coyote, finding humor in everything, because everything is ridiculous and because being too sincere and earnest is both exhausting and, after a point, obnoxious. He even closes the book by thanking Satan, not because he is a Satanist but because (as he states) he figures it's safer to cover all his bases.

Incidentally, Greg Gutfeld is a former Libera
Wanda
Eh. Gutfeld is no P.J. O'Rourke, that's for sure.
The book (and I listened to the audio version) is basically about a billion of those Redeye (or is it The Five) half-time blorps that Gutfeld does on something or other. You know...vegans are ugly losers, Facebook friends really aren't friends, liberals subconsciously hate gays and blacks...blah blah. Something like that anyway. I kept falling asleep while listening and having a dream that I was trapped in an airline window seat next to a middle-
Leah
Listen up those who are unacquainted and I will acquaint you. It all started a few years ago at 12AM. I turned on my TV to find a short, somewhat portly man speaking heinous things while his repulsive sidekick, a hot FOX news lady, and a CIA operative watched. This Gregalogue (it's a monologue with Greg) introduced me to what would become a household staple around here. Sadly, last month, we decided to cut our ties to the extended world by getting rid of our cable, so Greg is no longer a househo ...more
Carolyn
The author is the "bad man" host of Red-eye. The show sometimes surprises me with its vulgarity and the book is really not much different. That being said, oh, how I laughed. I like the type of person that tells you what they think and with Mr. Gutfield's book, I certainly got that!!
Not for children, however, I did read my teens a few funny bits about raising children. I must admit, some stuff was a bit vulgar(does anyone use that word anymore?) and I don't really care too much for that sort of
David Peters
This book was a lot of fun. While I don’t necessarily agree with this entire book, it did make me think about the positions I do hold. The one theme I did agree with completely, it is the hypocrisy of the politically strident. For example, the war protestors demanding the impeachment of George Bush and the coverage of that in the news. Then Barack Obama takes over and basically stays the course; but where are the demands for impeachment?
I especially liked the discussion on parents who are convin
Richard
It's probably a little unfair for me to give this book a star rating, because this really isn't my kind of book. Let me say this: if you like Greg Gutfeld on TV, you will like this book. It is written just like he talks. If you aren't familiar with Gutfeld, the way he writes is a lot like George Carlin's books, except Gutfeld isn't as condescending, teed off, or foulmouthed as Carlin. For me, Gutfeld's absurd imagery and self-deprecation get a little old after awhile. On a positive note, the boo ...more
Karina
I won this book in Goodreads First Reads. The odds: 15 copies available, 393 people requesting.

Generally, sarcasm is hard for me in written form (I had this problem with I Am America: And So Can You! and other books). But so far, this is comparatively good.
John
Lots of great one-liners, but definitely lacking the insight of his later books. Reading this book is a lot like watching his TV show RED EYE--you'll have a good time, just don't expect to learn anything. In THE BIBLE OF UNSPEAKABLE TRUTHS, Gutfeld may have some legitimate points to make, but it's impossible to know when he's actually being serious. Taken purely as comedy, though, the book is fairly entertaining--and I certainly can't think of any other Fox News personality who jokes about being ...more
Book Him Danno
Funny, funny and yet it made me mad. If he was mad about something I was mad about I got madder. I was very mad at the government and dumb people.(Maybe because they are one in the same, HUMMMMM....) It was fast to read and funny. I agree with him, What the heck were we thinking when we elected Obama!!!!
Andrea
It's Red Eye's Gregalogue on steroids.
Tressa
Not sure if I've ever read a book on any subject that had a LOL on every page; this book does. He's spot on in every chapter where he discusses politics, and it's not due to me being a conservative but due to the fact that the guy is plain right. But this book isn't about politics, it's about Unspeakable Truths on any subject under the sun. The best parts of the book are where he talks about pop culture and anything else that pops into his mind. Here's an example of the way Gutfeld's mind works: ...more
Chris
This could be a better book if the author left out all the pre-op-transgender pool boy jokes and other manic non-sequiturs...and I like non-sequiturs, evidently just not every paragraph. (Can they be NSs if they become the norm and you're expecting them?) Many of Greg's valid points were obscured by my haste to skip over his asides.

Having read Adam Carolla's In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks while I read this, I'd have to recommend you skip this book and go with Carolla's. Both are similar, but
Perry Reed
Greg Gutfeld is the host of the best show on the Fox News Channel: "Red Eye", which airs weeknights at 3:00 a.m. Eastern. Sadly, I'm up and watching at this time more often than not, but I'm rewarded for my insomnia by a show that is as hysterical as it is smart. The good looking women they usually have sitting in the "leg chair" are a bonus.

This book is a collection of Gutfelds "Gregologues" and other short essays on all sorts of topics. This isn't the sort of book you'll read cover to cover fr
Clint Priest
Host of nightly show, "Redeye"...humorous read on everything from politics, to social etiquettes, to rants...just a little of everything and difficult to really now down one overwhelming theme of the book. But the author demonstrates and enormous amount of wit and sarcasm into his humor and makes for a lot of laughs and interesting perspectives on observations and minutia of the day. In full disclosure, the Greg Gutfeld is admittedly a conservative and that lens is fully evident in his writing a ...more
Billjr13
Greg Gutfeld is the host of Fox TV’s Red Eye. He is part libertarian political commentator and part stand up comedian. The Bible of Unspeakable Truths is a lot like the TV show in print. It is Greg’s take on the politics, religion, disease, government, food, racism, sex, ethics, the mass media and pop culture. His irreverent style and wit gives the reader a manual for how to think about things by a guy who has also thought about the same things. As Greg would say “Check it out check-it-outers”, ...more
Libby
I'm a huge fan of Greg Gutfeld from Fox News shows. So I thought I would try to read some of his books and so I started this one. This book had me laughing at loud!! Literally! He also brought up some good points that I've never really thought of. Fantastic Book!!
Thomas Randall
I have just finished this and had several laughs per page. As usual Greg tells the truths that those blinded by liberalism can not and will not see.
As well he sheds his insights on schools, family, sex, and just life in general. It may not be politicaly correct, and who cares, thats the domain of CNN, CNBC, NPR and the main stream media. Or any other media that gets down on their prayer rugs and face's DC for their veiw.
It is the raw facts that the left dreads, the right cheers. A thought pro
Stephanie
Funny and irreverent, Greg takes jabs and anything and everything. It's the perfect book to read in the school pickup line with the windows rolled down, guffawing obnoxiously whilst the uber-mommies shoot you funny looks and lock the doors of their Escalades.
Ruth Fabiano
Liked "Not Cool" a lot more. I like Greg, but this went a little too far on the child hate for me (hey we all get annoyed on occasion). Otherwise its funny, but started to grate on me after a while.
Jeff Kelleher
Humor in the raw.

Greg Gutfeld carries the label "political conservative" but he is a conservative of the distinctly libertarian stripe. Social conservatives and sanctimonious leftists will find him raunchy, disrespectful, and irreverent. The open-minded will simply find him hilarious. If you want to know the tone of the book, a key chapter is titled "Political Crap."

Gutfeld is a humorist in the line of P. J. O'Rourke, Emmett Tyrell, Dennis Miller, and Dave Barry. The left has no counterpart, may
Carol
My husband and I watch Greg on Fox's The Five and enjoy his humor. He (my husband) received both this book and Greg's new book (The Joy of Hate) for Christmas so we took this one on our driving trip to NY over New Year's. We enjoyed my reading it aloud to my husband while he drove. The subject matter is great and unfortunately mostly true, which is what makes it funny and sad all at the same time. We really love Greg because he is the anti-Michael Moore, half the size of him, with a much larger ...more
Cecelia Hightower
Greg is a political writer and this book is 283 pages of him commenting (ranting) all political issues and some not so political and doing it with a very dry sense of humor. He was one of the first and most popular bloggers at the Huffington Post, and the only one to inspire a petition calling for him to be thrown off the site.

The book was fun to read and Kaylen & I had some good laughs at a lot of his comments. The chapters were short, in fact there was one that was only one line long, yet
Rich
If you are at all offended by sick, twisted humor or filthy language - avoid this book. It's not Gutfeld at his best. He has evolved over the last few years, in my opinion.

This is locker room humor, plain and simple. I'm not sure Gutfeld would tell you any different. It is funny if you like him, probably quite disturbing if you don't.

I would not recommend this to people who cannot laugh at themselves over just about anything.
Sara H
Basically just a book full of Gregalogue's, but who wouldn't want that? It's an easy, hilarious read full of Greg's twisted observations of the insane world around us. With commentary on everything from atheists to toilet paper (is there a difference?) it's sure to please those of us who find the humor in everything and despise those who can't. And if you disagree with me you, sir, are...probably one of those people with no sense of humor.
Adam
A blog type collection of loosely related rants. Most of what I read was funny and true to what everybody thinks but usually doesn't say in public. Got tired of it about halfway through... couldn't finish. The sections gradually become shorter and more pointless throughout. We start with politics and world events and move into pop stars, reality shows, bathroom reading, and old people on computers.
Shannon Burrows
Too funny! A lot like how my mind works!
Chase Dodge
This was an excellent read. I laughed so hard throughout this book. Gutfeld really has a talent for satirical humor. He does lean more to conservative side of the political spectrum (which is fine by me), but I think your everyday liberal would still enjoy reading his broad range of theories; from politics to kids, to calling a penis pump a bomb (I guarantee you will laugh).
Marjorie
He is a funny guy - lots of valid, "yes, I know what he means" moments in the book for me.

The only off-putting and annoying thing is his predilection for inserting a joke about his sound proof basement, or tasty strippers/homeless people/pool boys. We get it. Stop beating the dead horse with this one jokey bit.
Daniel DeLappe
Fantastic book. Agree or disagree this shit is funny. Finally someone who thinks there are not enough bulls or human injuries at Pamplona. Catch his interview with Penn of Penn and Teller on Penn's Sunday School podcast. Treat yourself to Redeye when you get a chance. This is how politics and bullshit should be treated.
Mark
Certainly an able imitation of Dennis Miller's rants...laughs on every page regarding our national inability to recognize the incompatability of "political correctness" and our slide into progressived liberalism since the 1930s New Deal with effective and efficient public policy...worth the effort!!!
Greg's new book 2 13 Apr 14, 2011 10:24AM
  • Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!
  • The Baseball: Stunts, Scandals, and Secrets Beneath the Stitches
  • Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity
  • The Wrong Stuff
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside the Clinton White House
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted
  • Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
  • Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV
  • Diamond in the Rough: A Memoir
  • A Good Man: Rediscovering My Father, Sargent Shriver
  • Are We Winning? Fathers and Sons in the New Golden Age of Baseball
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying: The Dastard's Guide to Fame and Fortune
  • Enemies, A Love Story
  • Emma's Poem: The Voice of the Statue of Liberty
  • Eleanor
Greg Gutfeld has been called "outrageous and outspoken," neither of which he denies. A libertarian political satirist, humorist, magazine editor and blogger, he is perhaps best known as the host of the Fox News Channel program "Red Eye With Greg Gutfeld." Airing at 3 a.m. ET Tuesday through Saturday, the show covers a variety of topics, including news, entertainment, sports, and gossip. Gutfeld is ...more
More about Greg Gutfeld...
The Joy of Hate: How to Triumph over Whiners in the Age of Phony Outrage Not Cool: The Hipster Elite and Their War on You Lessons from the Land of Pork Scratchings: How a Miserable Yank Discovers the Secret of Happiness in Britain The Scorecard: The Official Point System for Keeping Score in the Relationship Game The Scorecard at Work: The Official Point System for Keeping Score on the Job (An Owl Book)

“I've noticed, living in New York, how hard it is for many women to find Mr. Right. This is because when you look at most men living in big cities, none of them are Mr. Right. There are just way too many sexual options for them, so they feel no pressure to behave like actual gentlemen.
So, who gives them these options? Women, of course - who don't have the balls to limit these options and ask these boys to behave like men. So now that women are screwing men the way men want women to screw them, there are few men out there who would actually want to marry women after they've fucked them.”
7 likes