Start by marking “Bride of the Water God, Volume 6” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Water God, Volume 6

Bride of the Water God, Volume 6 (Bride of the Water God #6)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  896 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
At the start of this series, Soah was willing to sacrifice her life to the feared god Habaek to save her drought-stricken village on Earth. However, she wasn't killed by the powerful Water God — she was rescued and taken to the magical kingdom of Suguk. Once there, she met moody gods of the elements and a mysterious husband who took her as his bride — but then spurned her. ...more
Published August 18th 2010 by Dark Horse (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Water God, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Water God, Volume 6

Nicole
Sep 17, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: manhwa, fantasy
I am continuously drawn into the this series by what I like to call the "atmosphere." The art work is dreamy and gorgeous, and I love the god-world created by Mi-Kyung Yun. My one contention is that the story can be confusing, and some of the character motivations seem so similar that I can often confuse one character for another in a given scene. In fact, I had to go back and re-read volume 5 before diving into this one just to make sure I had a decent handle on where we stand with the plot. Bu ...more
Zunaira Ghazal
Aug 16, 2015 Zunaira Ghazal rated it did not like it
Honestly this shit make me appreciate masterpieces like Fruits Basket, Naruto and Ouran so much.

This whole thing with Mui and Habaek got really annoying. I mean DUDE! It’s been SIX FUCKING volumes! Geez. And I mean, there are SO many clues; everybody calling Mui a water god, ‘Nakbin’ calling little Habaek, Mui—BUT SHE REFUSES TO SEE. SO OBLIVIOUS. This shit is giving me unwarranted stress. Ugh.

Also, I don’t get why hu-ye is ‘in lurv’ with Soah. They had minimal interaction, she’s the bride of hi
Melissa
Jun 13, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Although I'm behind, the art has been looking even more beautiful, incredibly majestic...including the "filler pages".

The story can be a little complicated to understand at times, but that actually helps the plot...it gives me a chance to understand each character.
Athena
Mar 02, 2013 Athena rated it it was amazing
This series is getting better and has some fun suprises. Between the art and the story it is worth it and has some good intrigue to it to keep me going.
Ella
Oct 08, 2014 Ella rated it it was amazing
Ugh! I'm being so frustrated right now! I'm really hating Nakbin or whatever her name is! She's not playing fair whatsoever!
Raine
Apr 10, 2015 Raine rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015-reads
Nakbin... I hate you..
Cornerofmadness
Jan 19, 2013 Cornerofmadness rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy, historical
Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter)
Feb 18, 2013 Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter) rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Pages of Forbidden Love

Well the story is certainly picking up with the addition of even more new characters. I think in a series like this it can become hard to pay attention because there are a lot of characters that jump in and out of this series. In this series we are introduced to another new character and then we go back to learn more about Mura and what her wishes and desires have been throughout her life. It was interesting to take a step back from So
Jo
Sep 03, 2010 Jo rated it really liked it
Possibly I need to re-check some of the earlier volumes but while this was stupidly beautiful and the plot is moving ahead, I found myself getting really confused around some of the sequencing. Even within scenes, there seemed to be some jumping back and forth in time.

Whereas 5 seemed to offer hints that cleared up some of the casts motivations this one is back in shadowy hints territory and we seem to have a whole new bunch of people working to keep Habaek/Mui and Soah apart In Addition To the
Hikari
Mar 05, 2016 Hikari added it
Valaki fogjon le…!
Én esküszöm megőrülök. Ennek a Nakbi-hasonmásnak ki akar tekerni a nyakat.
Mi ez a befejezés? Mi ez a fordulat?
Álljon meg a nászmenet, ide a következő kötetet :)
Ramona
Nov 20, 2015 Ramona rated it it was ok
I've lost patience.
This story draws you in with its beautiful artwork and story. You may like the main characters but the rest of the characters are annoying. Some seem to have no motives for thier actions while others motives seem so silly you wonder why they are even here in the story. They are all god's and here they are picking at each other for no good reason. The main female character is so naive it makes you cry and the rest are just bored bullies with infinite power and too much time on
Kara
Jan 13, 2016 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel

I love the artwork of this series but I am so seriously confused by all the different characters I'm questioning if I'll continue.
Alice
May 26, 2015 Alice rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Gah you have to put more emotions! The eyes are so empty.
Dominique
Aug 21, 2015 Dominique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, manga
This one is really frustrating !
Jana Denardo
Jan 19, 2013 Jana Denardo rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance
my interest in this manga is waning (but I have the next three manga since I found them in a used book store). It's getting too much of a predictable romance. It's shojo (okay whatever term girl's manga is in Korean) so I expected some. The steeped in Korean myth part appealed to me but now we're too into the return of the woman who looks like Haebnek's first wife and jealous petty crap between the women and I have no interest in that.
scarlettraces
Oct 29, 2010 scarlettraces rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loaners, manga-manhwa
the next installment of the most beautiful manhwa on earth (that i've come across, at least). almost anything can be forgiven something this pretty, although on the evidence on this volume, the core romance is going to be stretched thin. that's one of the perils of serialisation, i suppose.
Tasha
Apr 27, 2012 Tasha rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
How many times is this guy going to be drugged? Read the review at Truth Beauty Freedom and Books>>>
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Nov 14, 2010 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it it was amazing
Pretty, pretty art and a plot that is finally starting to make sense. Bride of the Water God is one of my favorite series. Click the link to find out why:

Iris
Dec 18, 2015 Iris rated it really liked it
Aine
Jan 06, 2011 Aine rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable installment in this manga series. I'm really interested in the two main characters, and where they're relationship is going. Can't wait for book 7.
Catherine
Nov 21, 2010 Catherine rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, owned
What is going on??????? No one is who they seem to be. There are secret histories to everything. Lots of innuendos and more amnesia. Good thing it's pretty.
Kadie D♥
Jan 15, 2012 Kadie D♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Stupid Habaek, you easily tricked fool!....
Just wake up from the brainwash alresdy and begin with telling Soah the truth maybe?!.....
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Aug 17, 2013 Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, manga
If this story is what really happens to the girls that are sacrificed........... Then I don't mind getting sacrificed....................
Starbubbles
Sep 06, 2010 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manhwa
it was so good, but i was sadden by the turn of events at the end. i can't wait for the next one.
Alexia
Jun 30, 2013 Alexia rated it liked it
These are very quick reads but the artwork and the poetry makes it worth the read.
Kimmy
Mar 13, 2016 Kimmy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, mi-kyung-yun
She's part of me now. Provoking her will provoke my wrath.
T.
Feb 23, 2011 T. rated it it was amazing
Review at ReadsRantsRaves.blogspot.com/
Amy
Jul 14, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Okay, starting to make some sense!
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol.2 (Goong #2)
  • The Tarot Cafe, #6
  • Model, Vol. 4
  • You're So Cool, Volume 1
  • Black Bird, Vol. 14 (Black Bird, #14)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 2
Mi-Kyung Kun (윤미경) is a Korean comic artist; she is currently publishing the Bride of the Water God series in the Korean comics magazine Wink.

Received the Silver Medal for Seoul Media Group's "Shin-in-gong-mo-jeon" ("New Artist Debut Competition") for Na-eu Ji-gu Bang-moon-gi (The Journey of My Earth Visit) in 2003.

Received a "Shin-in-sang" ("Best New Artist") award from the Dokja-manhwa-daesang
More about Mi-Kyung Yun...

Bride of the Water God (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1