Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage (Harlequin Historical)

Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage (The Notorious St. Claires #5)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  14 reviews

You are cordially invited

to the marriage of

Darius Wynter, Duke of Carlyne

Dark and dangerous, Darius has a reputation riddled with unsavory rumor…

to

Lady Arabella St. Claire

Headstrong and feisty, yet more innocent than she'll ever admit…

What is Lady Arabella letting herself in for? Sinister whispers surround the death of Darius's first wife—could Arabella be in jeopard

Published (first published January 1st 2010)

Amber
Lynn
This book was not for me and I did not enjoy it. Everyone has books they are good matches with and those that aren't and this one isn't the book for me.

The whole set up of the book is one I just happen to strongly dislike. The hero acts like a jerk (and of course in his inner monologue it is all justified and for the heroines "good") and the heroine seems to stand up to him. Then all his has to do is give her a come hither look or touch her and she is ready to have sex with him and put it all b...more
Jasey
Jane O'Reilly
Dear me, this book is bad. I shall sum it up with the following: 'it had been fifteen years since he had first made love to an actual woman.' As opposed to what? A sheep? A blow up doll? The curtains? Mortimer has written some great (if often overblown) category romances. This is not one of them.
Marcella
It was a little text book not a bad read not really good depth in the characters one that if you want a sweet little romance with characters that both should be sent to a therapist this is the book for you
Christine Strowbridge
Cheesy with a thick slice of cheese on top.
Gail
This is a nice little historical romance that for me had a little too much of a Harlequin Presents feel to it, which since Mortimer also writes Presents, is not surprising. Older man, naive but spirited young woman who is introduced to sex by her new husband... I don't like stories where the heroine loses every argument, even when--or maybe especially when they are lost because the hero seduces the heroine out of her righteous anger. I can't understand why that would make her anger go away. But...more
Pravana
A bit short for a historical but decent. Carole Mortimer is an author whose books I'll definitely pick-up. This is the 1st Historical of her's that I've read. The banter between the Hero - Darius and the Heroine - Arabella leading upto their wedding was well written with a good dose of humour. But post marriage it seemed to peter out.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
After how-much time, I finally read it... What an achievement. Not.
Anyway, lady Arabella is the fourth St. Claire and an only daughter. She doesn't listen to anyone who orders. Darius Wynter is a duke and rake under threat of a french spy and his brother. When he marries Arabella he has to order her to protect her. Fortunately Darius is the only one that can make her do something.....
m.allen
This book is surprisingly good for such a quick read. I really liked the characters, especially Arabella who is very strong and doesn't let people tell her what to do. I definitely recommend this book!
Harlequin Historical
#4 of 4 in The Notorious St. Claires series

I loved the final book! I highly suggest this series to my friends. It is going on my keeper shelf to be re-read many times over.
Destiny
I thought this novel was well written. I liked the relationship between Arabella and Darius. There was a bit of mystery thrown in and that really kept my attention! Great book!
Michaela
This book was just alot of going round in circles and then alot of cheese at the end. Also again the title barely reflects the book.
Rebecca Grant
Rebecca Grant marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
nhf282
nhf282 is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Apri
Apri marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • The Italian Duke's Virgin Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2933)
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • In the Master's Bed
  • A Most Unconventional Match (Wellingfords, #3)
Carole Mortimer was born in a village in England that she claims was so small that "if you blinked as you drove through it you could miss seeing it completely!" She adds that her parents still live in the house where she first came into the world, and her two brothers live very close by.

Carole's early ambition to become a nurse came to an abrupt end after only one year of training due to a weaknes...more
More about Carole Mortimer...
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge (Harlequin Presents, No 780) Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand The Duke's Cinderella Bride Pregnant By The Millionaire