Start by marking “Love in the Wind” as Want to Read:
Love in the Wind

Love in the Wind

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Shattered by the grief at her fiance's death, Katy Marie Alvarez decides to enter a convent. But fate has other plans. En route to her destination, the coach in which Katy is traveling is attacked by Indians and Katy, the lone survivor, is taken captive by the Cheyenne warrior known as Iron Wing. Soon both feel a love that neither time nor treachery can quench.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published April 1st 1997 by Leisure Books (first published September 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Wind

MelissaB
Love in the Wind is a bodice-rippery type Native American/western historical. The book tells the story of how Katy Marie Alvarez, a pampered white girl, falls for her Cheyenne owner Iron Wing after she is given to him by his friend. Katy was the only survivor of an Apache attack on a stagecoach when she was found by a Cheyenne warrior who took her to his camp and gave her to Iron Wing.

The first half of the book is filled with tension between Katy and Iron Wing as she adjusts to life with the Ch...more
Noelle
I really enjoyed this book. This is the first book by Madeline Baker that I have read and I'm sure that I'll read some more. I absolutly hate it when I'm reading "kidnapped by Indians" theme and the h is in love with the H before they even reach his tribe. In this book it takes the h a while before she falls in love with the H and then even more time before she admits it to herself. Imo, that's more realistic. The only problem that I had with this book, and it's a small one, is the language. The...more
Nicole
This book has forced seduction but I actually preferred the kidnapper over the kidnap-ee. God, why did all these men fall over her? Why did they risk their lives for this spoiled brat? Jeez Louise. Katy was SO annoying. I have to convey this in all caps. ANNOYING! 'my poor nails. my poor tanned skin. I look like an indian. poor little old me.' If indians repulse you so much why fall for one? Why have kids with one?

Iron Wing was possessive and all alpha. Now him I liked. I hated his bittersweet...more
April Brookshire
Gotta love a brooding scarred hero!
Julie
loved this author in 80s and 90s could not put down
Mary23nm
The book was good, not great. I agree with MelissaB's review, except I didn't like it quite as much. I'd save your money and pass on this one, unless you can find it at your local library.
Ansm
I can’t believe how bad this book is.
Marta
Loved it! I've read it more than once.
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Oct 22, 2014
Rebecca Hummell
Rebecca Hummell marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Purity
Purity marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Haley grinde
Haley grinde marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Roya
Roya added it
Jul 19, 2014
Kirsten Brown
Kirsten Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Micayla Wise
Micayla Wise marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Ginger Murphy
Ginger Murphy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Madeline Ruth was born on 1963 in California, where she raised. She married her high school sweetheart and they have three sons, all handsome enough to be cover models. Growing up, her favorite pastimes were going to the movies and going horseback riding on Saturday mornings at Griffith Park. Madeline has always been "horse happy." A horse was the one thing she asked for on every birthday and ever...more
More about Madeline Baker...
First Love, Wild Love Lakota Love Song Feather in the Wind Love's Legacy Comanche Flame