Start by marking “Love in the Wind” as Want to Read:
Love in the Wind

Love in the Wind

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  174 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Shattered by the grief at her fiance's death, Katy Marie Alvarez decides to enter a convent. But fate has other plans. En route to her destination, the coach in which Katy is traveling is attacked by Indians and Katy, the lone survivor, is taken captive by the Cheyenne warrior known as Iron Wing. Soon both feel a love that neither time nor treachery can quench.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published April 1st 1997 by Leisure Books (first published September 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Wind

MelissaB
Love in the Wind is a bodice-rippery type Native American/western historical. The book tells the story of how Katy Marie Alvarez, a pampered white girl, falls for her Cheyenne owner Iron Wing after she is given to him by his friend. Katy was the only survivor of an Apache attack on a stagecoach when she was found by a Cheyenne warrior who took her to his camp and gave her to Iron Wing.

The first half of the book is filled with tension between Katy and Iron Wing as she adjusts to life with the Ch
Noelle
I really enjoyed this book. This is the first book by Madeline Baker that I have read and I'm sure that I'll read some more. I absolutly hate it when I'm reading "kidnapped by Indians" theme and the h is in love with the H before they even reach his tribe. In this book it takes the h a while before she falls in love with the H and then even more time before she admits it to herself. Imo, that's more realistic. The only problem that I had with this book, and it's a small one, is the language. The ...more
Nicole
This book has forced seduction but I actually preferred the kidnapper over the kidnap-ee. God, why did all these men fall over her? Why did they risk their lives for this spoiled brat? Jeez Louise. Katy was SO annoying. I have to convey this in all caps. ANNOYING! 'my poor nails. my poor tanned skin. I look like an indian. poor little old me.' If indians repulse you so much why fall for one? Why have kids with one?

Iron Wing was possessive and all alpha. Now him I liked. I hated his bittersweet
Lovetoread
Dec 26, 2014 Lovetoread rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This is the first book I have read by author Madeline Baker. I purchased Love in the Wind because of various comments made by readers in an Amazon Discussion group. At first I must state to be warned that even though it has a "Blush Sensuality Level", meaning no graphic sex, I found the relationship between Katy and Iron Wind hot and sensual. Also, there are forced sexual situations in the story line. I do not mind forced seduction, but for those that are sensitive to forced sexual moments be aw ...more
April Brookshire
Gotta love a brooding scarred hero!
Netanella
I really would love to give this a higher rating, as Iron Wing was an awesome lead, and a 5-star hero in my book. However, my extreme distaste for Katie, our pampered and woe-is-me heroine, left me bereft of the enjoyment I would normally take from a good ol' bodice ripper.

Katie is a privileged white in the late 19th century, whose fiancée is killed by Indians. Deciding to join a convent because she just can't take it, her coach is attacked by Indians and she is given to a Cheyenne warrior name
Gaile
This is a beautiful romance between a Native American and a Mexican girl. There is much sadness in this book also as it happens in 1875. Those years saw the Indians defeated and forced onto reservations.
The Alvarez Ranch is Katy's home but Iron wing hungers for his people and the way of life in which he was raised which was forcibly taken by the white man.
The love between these two however is beautiful.
Lavender
Nov 18, 2014 Lavender rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read this book, but it has stuck with me over the years.

It is an amazing read, with lots of angst and heartache, but also a bucket full of HEA ;)
Julie
Oct 12, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this author in 80s and 90s could not put down
Mary23nm
The book was good, not great. I agree with MelissaB's review, except I didn't like it quite as much. I'd save your money and pass on this one, unless you can find it at your local library.
Ansm
Aug 05, 2011 Ansm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awful-awful-book
I can’t believe how bad this book is.
Marta
Jul 20, 2012 Marta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: native-american
Loved it! I've read it more than once.
Breann
Breann marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Silvia
Silvia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Ocea-may Gomez
Ocea-may Gomez marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Francine Den
Francine Den marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Katie Wilkerson
Katie Wilkerson rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Jenny Fitzmaurice
Jenny Fitzmaurice marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Colleen Fitzpatrick
Colleen Fitzpatrick marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Mical
Mical marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Sexyladi Barnes
Sexyladi Barnes rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Charlene Whitehouse
Charlene Whitehouse marked it as to-read
Rebecca Bell
Rebecca Bell marked it as to-read
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jules Cooper
Jules Cooper rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
  • Savage Autumn
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • Sioux Splendor
  • Silken Savage
  • Texas Splendor
  • Savage Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Shadow Walker (Flame Set, #2)
  • Touch the Wind
  • Savage Spirit (Savage, #2)
  • Savage Heat
  • Comanche Magic (Comanche, #4)
  • Black Horse
Madeline Ruth was born on 1963 in California, where she raised. She married her high school sweetheart and they have three sons, all handsome enough to be cover models. Growing up, her favorite pastimes were going to the movies and going horseback riding on Saturday mornings at Griffith Park. Madeline has always been "horse happy." A horse was the one thing she asked for on every birthday and ever ...more
More about Madeline Baker...