Start by marking “Letting Go (Awakenings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Letting Go (Awakenings, #1)

Letting Go (Awakenings #1)

Not currently available. Look for Letting Go (Author's Cut Edition) to release January 2019 with major revisions, and new/extended scenes.

No man has ever satisfied Sabrina Breszewski in bed. She doesn’t want a husband, but thanks to her grandfather’s will, she needs one, and soon. Impulsively, she proposes to a stranger in the conference room at the advertising agency for
Published March 8th 2010 by Siren Publishing (first published February 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go

Smut Junkie
FUCK Fifty Shades of Grey - READ THIS INSTEAD!

HOLY CRAP! I have seriously mixed feelings about this book.

Overall I LOVED this story! I started crying a little before the end and I currently feel like I'm emotionally distraught....yeah, over a book! I seriously feel like I have a broken heart!

For some reason I had some trouble with Jonah....and I can't really put my finger on it, but something about him just bothered me. He DID, however, grow on me more as the story progressed, and much like Ch
ൠSinful
Unpredicatble, erotic, sweet, tender, hot, maddening.... I really enjoyed this read. Color me surprised.

The opening of this book is so cliche it should come with syrup. Girl's grandpa dies leaving a will that states she must be married by the age of 30 to collect her inheritance. Done much?

Of course she asks the first guy she sees at work. She doesn't even know his name. A guy she sees as sweet, sensitive and quiet. A lurker who rarely speaks and could clearly use the money.

The hitch, he turns
Jami
Jan 13, 2013 Jami rated it it was ok
I didn't get this one at all. I tried to like it but it just felt strange and offputting to me.

First off, we have the ridonkulous set-up which is another "I have to get married to get my inheritance" trope, which always leaves me cold because I really don't know how legal something like this could be. But okay let's say it is legal to force someone to marry we have several other problems with this scenario.

One problem is that apparently Sabrina has put off this impending marriage deadline for a
AussieChick
May 15, 2011 AussieChick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
Well, I finally finished Letting Go. I'm not even sure why I bought it as it is about a rich chick called Sabrina and her grandfather dies. In order to get her inheritance, she has to get married and stay married for a year. She chooses Jonas who she works with and hardly knows. Not the most original theme and not one I really like.
Sabrina is very boring, prudish and sexually repressed. At the end of the book, she isn't anymore! She could easily come across as being very cold or stand-offish, b
Charnel
May 09, 2011 Charnel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread-often
LOVE THIS BOOK. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT I LOVE!!!
Rebecca Rose
Dec 27, 2010 Rebecca Rose rated it it was amazing
The power driven Sabrina Breszewski needs a husband. Still reeling from her grandfather's death, Sabrina leans she can only get her inheritance if she's married by her thirtieth birthday, proves it to be real love and it last a year. Too bad her birthday is in three day!

Surprise wasn't the only thing Jonas Spencer was when he received the marriage proposal from Sabrina. Intrigued was more like it. She's a beautiful power house and Jonas has fantasized about being with her from the moment his eye
Lucy
Nov 11, 2016 Lucy rated it it was amazing
I thought this was going to be a light-hearted BDSM romance with a typical plot that would give me a bit of enjoyment plus a stress-reliever in between the more darker romances I favor. But this book was so much more than that. The author takes a plot-line so tried and true as to be trite and makes it new with interesting characters, who behave and act like real people with real feelings. Ms. Zurlo is new to me, but I will definitely be reading more from her!

Sabrina is a manager in an advertisi
Sandy
I loved this story!! At first glance, I wasn't so sure of how this book would pan out - the premise is the tired have-to-get-married-right-away-to-get-an-inheritance. And Sabrina doesn't really need the money, she doesn't want it to go to her evil cousins. A few days before the deadline she's at work on a Saturday, sees Jonas and asks him to marry her. After some negotiating, including that their arrangement includes sex, Jason says yes and they immediately fly off to Las Vegas to seal the deal. ...more
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Find more of my reviews at Ana's Attic Erotic and Romance Tales and Toys
Book rating: 4.25. Heat rating 3.5. I bought this book as a hot little smutty read, but it was so much more (in fact, it wasn't really that smutty at all.) Though the story is typical, (career woman must marry by 30 to get her inheritance. She has 3 days, and marries a stranger), the way it played out was so much more! Both characters work in an ad agency together. She is an uptight straight laced boss, he seems to be a mild
Judith
Jan 23, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
Marrying for love isn't always the reasons people "tie the knot." In this case, a well-to-do advertising executive, already flush with her grandfather's money from a trust fund, finds out that she must marry in four days--before her 30th birthday--in order to claim her $12 million inheritance. She finds the man, a co-worker in her advertising firm, who agrees to a one year marriage--with benefits--and with whom she eventually falls in love. It is a story that has its moments of joy and caring, b ...more
Silviene
Nov 18, 2013 Silviene rated it it was ok
I really have mix feelings about this book because on one side I mildly like it because sometimes it gets interesting and on the other a little disappointed or irritated at the way the author cuts and flips the timing of really important events and she does not explain more over them. You are left in the dark most of the time and the story and characters were really anesthetic with each other and there wasn't any feeling or mood like 75% of the time.

And one more thing I HATED!!!!!! how it ended
Cecelia Jones
Dec 02, 2012 Cecelia Jones rated it it was amazing
I want Jonas to be my boyfriend. Smart, sexy, stubborn, and proud...He's the sort of man who will make your dreams come true or frustrate you to no end. Or both.

Sabrina is just lovely. The story is told mostly through her eyes. It's about coming to terms with the crap life throws at you and embracing the good things. I've read this three times so far, and I plan to read it again. I laugh, I cry...I feel like I know them.

The cast of supporting characters is also one thing I love about this book.
Suzanne (Lily)
Dec 05, 2012 Suzanne (Lily) rated it really liked it
Jonas's and Sabrina's paths seemingly crossed by fate, but that was only because Sabrina was so caught up in her own world, a world where she had gained professional achievement but a lack lustre personal life. A marriage of convenience to meet the terms of her beloved grandfather's will, turns out to be a lot more than she anticipated.
Jonas has talents that he utilises to bring her out of her shell but he is unaware of the emotions he will endure. An enjoyable story with likeable chara
Metis-dite
Mar 12, 2012 Metis-dite rated it really liked it
I did not love this. It was really good until about half way through and then it just dragged to the end. I found the dialogue stilted, almost as if the characters weren't American (but not obviously so like Fifty Shades). By the end I didn't buy the Jonas character, which is a shame because I loved him at first, because he was smart and self aware, or observant. Also, the idea of waiting for a man to figure out he loves you is really anti-climatic. Not sure I'll read this author again. But agai ...more
Jonna Rubin
May 25, 2012 Jonna Rubin rated it did not like it
Nope. Implausible plot, and if I'm saying that in the context of romance, you KNOW it's absurd. I MEAN REALLY VERY ABSURD. Characters were uninteresting and sucky, and to top it all off, unless you're REALLLLY into exhibitionism tied to BDSM, you're really not going to be all that into it. And by that, I mean, you really sort of have to have a THING for exhibitionism.

Yep. This is how I roll with the book reviews lately. Oh my God.
Lace
Jan 19, 2013 Lace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely delightful! Letting go of archived, cemented-to-darkness-life's garbage...to open our eyes and hearts to live in love again. Sabrina and Jonas engage a mutually agreed upon convenient marriage for one year...then divorce, go separate ways...yeah right...best intentions for walling themselves off from serious relationships, only to find...discover...unlock each others hearts from deeply buried pain. A story that shouts, never say never!
Erin
Jul 29, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, erotica
It made me cry. Do I need to say more? I stayed up until 4am, when I literally passed out and slept on top of my kindle. Woke at 9, and started reading it immediately. (Good thing it's Saturday.) My only complaint was I wanted to see more of the making up at the end. That had to be some AMAZING make up sex! I can't wait to read more by Michele Zurlo.
Dee Wy
May 13, 2011 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
Will you marry me? Those words were the first Sabrina spoke to Jonas, and things proceeded to get more and more interesting from there. The BDSM comes slowly in this story, but when it does come, it's a journey into learning what each partner needs and so satisfyingly hot. Bondage, whips and role play are just part of the fun we experience with this couple.

Really enjoyed this story!
Sylvia
Oct 18, 2012 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, erotica
I really enjoyed this story. It was nice to see an introduction to BDSM storyline without all of the protocols. There was a a natural flow to the hot scenes. I enjoyed the heroine's self discovery and acceptance of who she was.
Evie
May 30, 2010 Evie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and getting to know the characters as they deal with learning each other and their personal struggles. I only wish it hadn't ended quite as abruptly as it did at the end. ...please don't let that keep you from reading this as it really was a great and hot read.
Lucy
Mar 22, 2014 Lucy rated it liked it
Shelves: m-f, teacher, role-play
This book was inadequate for me, just like Sabrina's past loves(mostly when I compare it to other hot role-play stories). Too harsh? Sorry. It had me bipolar and all over the place. The book was too long. Something was missing for me and their chemistry? I didn't feel it.
Emily
Jun 07, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Prob 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up.

I enjoyed this one but there was just something missing that I can't quite put my finger on. I think I most enjoyed the last 25% because the angst was quite real.
Michele Zurlo
Jul 01, 2010 Michele Zurlo added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This was my first published novel, and it's definitely one of my favorites. It is currently unavailable. In December 2018, an updated version will be published.

Visit my website for more information: http://www.michelezurloauthor.com

Linda
May 23, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Easy to read erotic novel. Tells the story of a couple both with hang-ups which had arisen from past relationships and how the new relationship helps each to become what they were hiding from. Okay for a quick read. Set in advertising and bdsm night club.
NiteReader
Apr 18, 2012 NiteReader rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I was expecting more sexy and less plot and was happily surprised to find a heartwarming, pulse quickening, interesting story. Jonas and Sabrina have unbeatable chemistry that left me wanting more... 4 and a half bright stars!
Ayawolf
Jul 23, 2012 Ayawolf rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-kindle
I've read this book several times now. When I first read it, I thought it was good. Then as I read it 2 more times I grew fonder of it. It has a good and unique story, steamy scenes, and compels me to read it again (once in awhile). I would recommend it.
Victoria
Jun 03, 2012 Victoria rated it liked it
I really got into this book and then was disappointed to find out that it was not a series in the sense of a continued story, but individual stories related to the theme of awakenings. It was a good read if you like voyeur/ exhibitionist type erotica.
Julz
Dec 13, 2012 Julz rated it really liked it
cute storyline & hotness. great quick read.
Betty
Dec 26, 2012 Betty rated it it was amazing
Loved entire series!
Gab
Jan 21, 2011 Gab rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed greatly. Highly recommend. Has a good story, likable [flawed] characters, & sweet romance.
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Recipe for Submission
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Sweet Vibrations (Tygers, #1)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • No One But Madison
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Unfair Advantage (Diablo Blanco Club, #1)
  • Cracklin' Rosie (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #2)
  • Trained for Seduction (Spy Games, #1)
  • Into His Keeping
  • Slave To Love
  • Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1)
  • Mirror of My Soul (Nature of Desire, #4)
  • Beck And Call
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
I'm not half as interesting as my characters. My childhood dreams tended to stretch no further than the next book in my to-be-read pile, and I aspired to be a librarian so I could read all day. Yet I'm pretty impulsive when it comes to big decisions, especially when it's something I've never done before. Writing is just one in a long line of impulsive decisions Subscribe to my occasional newslette ...more
More about Michele Zurlo...

Awakenings (7 books)
  • Hanging On (Awakenings, #2)
  • Two Masters for Samantha  (Awakenings #3)
  • Time to Pretend (Awakenings, #4)
  • Letting Go 2: Stepping Stones  (Awakenings #5)
  • Hanging On 2: Surreal Neal (Awakenings #6)
  • Two Masters for Samantha 2: In Their Hearts (Awakenings #7)