Start by marking “Unraveled” as Want to Read:
Unraveled

Unraveled

The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.

Mitch Magruder, rich, successful, wildly popular surfer and entrepreneur, is always on the lookout for the next big wave or the next great deal. So when he’s home for the holidays, he jumps at the chance to build one of his famous hotels right on the white, sandy, Florida beach where he grew up. The only thi

Published (first published December 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Stella
This is the second Jaci Burton PRE "Play by Play" series book that I read and really like. Not that I don't like the aforementioned series, but I like more when she writes about 'almost-unconventional' heroes/heroines.
In this book,for example, the hero is 42, a former surfer turned to business mogul. The heroine is a mid-thirty mother of two. The plot is kinda predictable but still really worth reading.
It was a short and very entertaining read. All characters(main and secondary) are SUPER sweet
Emily
Not used to being told no, Mitch Magruder famous surfer and business opportunist heads back to Florida beach to try and acquire the property he is wanting for his new hotel. What Mitch does not expect is that the girl who he last met when she was 12, and he was 19 has grown up to become a sensual stunning woman with a bit of a temper who has no quams about telling him no, quite often.

Divorced mom, Greta Mason remembers Mitch fondly. Having been through the marriage from hell, Greta has no inten
Shxrxn
Aug 09, 2011 Shxrxn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.
You can be anything you choose to be, if you set your mind to it.
- Mitch
The problem with adults is that so many give up on having dreams.
You just have to figure out what you want, then determine how you’re going to get it. Then let nothing stand in your way until you do
- Mitch
And you’re the one who opened my eyes to the things I could have. No monetary things, that kind of stuff never mattered to me. But time with my children, learni
Kobie
Oct 16, 2014 Kobie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
finished this, but skimmed after 70% because the plot point was so silly. I love her play by play books, but haven't had much luck with any other titles.
Dee
2.5 Stars

We originally met Mitch in Unwrapped (story also in duo Show Me/Unwrapped )
Shawn
Aug 23, 2016 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Judith
Sep 21, 2010 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mitch's story, of a man first introduced in "Unwrapped" and who now is seeking his own sense of place with a woman from his past. His patience and caring just don't go away, in spite of Greta's suspicion and deep inability to trust and let go of the past. A beautiful study of human nature and relationship, as well as the triumph of authentic loving over the hurt and wounds of the past. Another great Burton story!
MountainKat
I don't think I expected Mitch's story to be so sweet, but I loved it! And I don't think Greta even realized what she was missing until Mitch helped her to see it. And how he showed her was wonderful. He was just so sweet with her and the kids! So glad for the happy ending!
Angel Ruess
I just couldn't get into this story. I liked Mitch when we met him in Unwrapped, he was a fun guy. But I just couldn't connect with Gretta in this story, I didn't not like her, but she was just so blah.
Melissa
Good story

I like the story and get the character Greta but still want to Gibbs slap her.. I liked Mitch and the kids.. quick enjoyable read.
Candace
Nov 10, 2011 Candace rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-on-kindle
A fun read. I read this in one night because once I started I couldn't put it down. Not fine literature by any stretch, but a nice, easy, enjoyable read.
Natasza Waters
Jul 21, 2012 Natasza Waters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot quick injection of Jaci. Nice little story. I like how she can balance the description and dialogue with thoughts. Always on an even keel.
Michelegg
Dec 31, 2011 Michelegg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story that took place on a Florida beach, so reading it while I sat on a Florida beach was rather fun.
Monica
Aug 20, 2011 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was a modern day Cinderella story. Do Mitch's really exist, WOW!!! Great quick read!
Angela
Nov 30, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read
30 November 2015: $1.05 on Kindle
Diane
Jan 21, 2013 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet love story with believable characters who grow into a couple.
Tamara
May 21, 2011 Tamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story
NORA SIDERMAN
NORA SIDERMAN is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2016
Kris
Kris added it
Sep 15, 2016
Alta Diaz
Alta Diaz marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Donna Habansky
Donna Habansky rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Nusa Vodnik
Nusa Vodnik marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Mickey
Mickey added it
Sep 03, 2016
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Sneak Peek
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Going for It
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Tempting the CEO (Sleeping with the Enemy, #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • His Black Sheep Bride (Aristocratic Grooms, #1)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Men On Fire
  • Pride and Passion
  • Jinxed!
  • Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories, #2)
  • A Love Beyond Words
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...