Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way

Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Conflict is an unavoidable aspect of living. The late renowned aikido master Terry Dobson, together with Victor Miller, present aikido as a basis for conflict resolution. "Attack-tics" is a system of conflict resolution based on the principles of aikido, the non-violent martial art Morihei Ueshiba created after World War II. Not all conflicts are contests, say Dobson and M...more
Published January 1st 1994 by Blue Snake Books (first published January 1st 1993)

Phileo Truth
This book marries a passive-aggressive mentality to the practice of Aikido. If you want to develop a lifestyle of passive-aggression in all that you do, then this book is for you.

For the rest of us, AVOID at all costs.
Alexander
"Conflict simply is"

Slightly disappointing. An interesting way of putting principals from Aikido into everyday life. I kind of disagree with some points. All in all, not a bad book if you're into Aikido.
Jason
Yes, it is a bit of a self-help book, but it was helpful at the time. I will more than likely pick it up and re-read it sooner than later. It is one of those to hold on to.
Eric Rickey
Aug 27, 2012 Eric Rickey marked it as to-read-if
Shelves: aiki-taichi
Recommended by Sean Hannon of Castle Rock Aikido.
Katherine
excellent conflict resolution book.
Daniel
I think this is an excellent read. I especially liked what Dobson said about " zero/sum games". He's absolutely right when we says that most people treat life like it's a game where there must be a winner and there must be a loser. It's an indictment of our culture. The ability to see conflict as it is and not "imagine it" is crucial to navigating through life. I can't recommend this book more.
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Lev Chernyak
Lev Chernyak marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Dona
Dona marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Sam Mlyniec
Sam Mlyniec marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Petri Hautamäki
Petri Hautamäki marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Agnieszka
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Boiko Vasev
Boiko Vasev marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Oli
Oli marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Miraj (Papyrus) Khaled
Miraj (Papyrus) Khaled marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Toga Party Hide the Children The Glory Sharers Nothing is Impossible: A Glider Pilot's Story of Sicily, Arnhem and the Rhine Crossing Friday the 13th: Carnival of Maniacs