Start by marking “Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way” as Want to Read:
Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way

Aikido in Everyday Life: Giving in to Get Your Way

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Conflict is an unavoidable aspect of living. The late renowned aikido master Terry Dobson, together with Victor Miller, present aikido as a basis for conflict resolution. "Attack-tics" is a system of conflict resolution based on the principles of aikido, the non-violent martial art Morihei Ueshiba created after World War II. Not all conflicts are contests, say Dobson and M ...more
Published January 1st 1994 by Blue Snake Books (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Aikido in Everyday Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aikido in Everyday Life

Chris Friesen
I thought this book was quite interesting. The geometric diagrams of conflict were creative and helpful. A great read for anyone dealing with conflict.
Phileo Truth
This book marries a passive-aggressive mentality to the practice of Aikido. If you want to develop a lifestyle of passive-aggression in all that you do, then this book is for you.

For the rest of us, AVOID at all costs.
Alexander
"Conflict simply is"

Slightly disappointing. An interesting way of putting principals from Aikido into everyday life. I kind of disagree with some points. All in all, not a bad book if you're into Aikido.
Jason
Yes, it is a bit of a self-help book, but it was helpful at the time. I will more than likely pick it up and re-read it sooner than later. It is one of those to hold on to.
Rickey
Aug 27, 2012 Rickey marked it as to-read-if
Shelves: aiki-taichi
Recommended by Sean Hannon of Castle Rock Aikido.
Katherine
excellent conflict resolution book.
Daniel
I think this is an excellent read. I especially liked what Dobson said about " zero/sum games". He's absolutely right when we says that most people treat life like it's a game where there must be a winner and there must be a loser. It's an indictment of our culture. The ability to see conflict as it is and not "imagine it" is crucial to navigating through life. I can't recommend this book more.
Ciao Cielo
Ciao Cielo marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Jim Keeler
Jim Keeler marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Daniel Czertok
Daniel Czertok marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Gary Firkin
Gary Firkin is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2015
Mido
Mido marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Maranda Eichenberger
Maranda Eichenberger marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Erond
Erond marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Bellona
Bellona marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Sam Horam
Sam Horam marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Svetlana Poleschuk
Svetlana Poleschuk is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2014
Deb Riffin
Deb Riffin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Toga Party Hide the Children The Glory Sharers Nothing is Impossible: A Glider Pilot's Story of Sicily, Arnhem and the Rhine Crossing Friday the 13th: Carnival of Maniacs