Start by marking “Forever Amber Brown” as Want to Read:
Forever Amber Brown

Forever Amber Brown (Amber Brown #5)

Just when Amber Brown thinks everything is settling down, life changes again. She's finally used to fourth grade, her new best friend is really terrific, and her school pictures even look good enough to send to her dad in Paris.
Published September 9th 1996 by Putnam

To ask other readers questions about Forever Amber Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Amber Brown

Jared Burton
Danciger, Paula. Forever Amber Brown. New York: Scholastic Inc., 1997.
Genre - Fiction - Family Issues
This book is about Amber Brown and her time spent during her fourth grade year. Her parents are divorced which leaves Amber feeling confused about Max, her mom's boyfriend. Amber is feeling confused because she actually really likes Max but also misses her dad. Along with these family tensions she is also dealing with the onset of puberty and wanting to grow up. The book ends with her and her mo
Katherine
Genre: Juvenile fiction, realistic fiction
Format: print
Plot: Amber Brown's mother's new boyfriend has just proposed, and Amber has to deal with this new development after her parents' recent divorce.
Readers advisory: Divorce
Review citation: SLJ 1998
Source: Best Books for Children
Recommended age: 6-8
Samantha
Amber Brown reminds me of an older Junie B. She is just as funny. Amber struggles with change in this book and can't decide if she wants her mom to marry her boyfriend, Max. Would be great for kids struggling with divorce and step families.
Dolly
Jan 22, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are working our way through the Amber Brown series by Paula Danziger. It's a good group of stories that starts out with easy readers (when Amber is younger) and moves up to chapter books, following Amber and her family and friends through the early years of Elementary School. Amber experiences heartaches, confusion and frustration as she deals with her parents' divorce, her parents dating other people, friends who move away and other serious issues within the continuing plot line. But she als ...more
Brian Hodges
Oct 21, 2011 Brian Hodges rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg
Don't know if I would have responded quite so strongly to this book if a) my seven-year-old hadn't urged me to read it and b) same said seven-year-old is going through almost EXACTLY the same thing in her own life.

Amber Brown is the child of divorce. She wants her parents to get back together even though she knows it probably won't happen. She wants her mom to be happy, but she's not sure she wants that happiness to involve her new boyfriend, Max. It's a story told simply, yet funnily with a to
Luisa
Sep 27, 2014 Luisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, quick book to read to my little one. It's pretty kid-friendly and simple context.

In the story, Amber has to face some change and in the end decides that some things will change and some stay the same, but she will always be herself.

This book is written from the perspective of nine-year-old Amber Brown, so it's very easy to follow and relatable if you're about 8 or 9 years old and a girl. So, I recommend this as a great and enjoyable book for girls ages 8-9 years old. If you're o
Carmen
The pacing is perfect for the 1st-3rd grade audience and deals with an issue not written about much in books for young readers--the changes that come when a divorced parent starts dating and thinking about getting remarried. Amber's worries and anxieties are authentic. What's more, she's also thoughtful, reflective, and a lot of fun. Not quite the spunk of Clementine, less attitude than Junie B., but an altogether relatable character and enjoyable to read.
Christy
Just when Amber is used to Max being her mom's boyfriend, he asks her to marry him. The way Amber's life keeps changing, will she be able to remain.
Monica
Feb 02, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books, kids
This is a very cute story. Amber Brown is a girl who is 9 years old and talks her life. Her parents are divorced and mom is thinking of getting engaged to Max. She doesn't want things to change or does she.

I found it interesting because it deals with an interesting situation that many children have to deal with. Some not always at a young age.
Kaye
Amber is in fourth grade. Her mom wants to get engaged to Max. Amber isn't sure she wants a step dad, but she likes Max. Amber discovers she can cope with change. A story about dealing with divorce and family issues. Again, I like how Amber and her mother talk about their problems, and that they include Max in their discussions as well.
Lizzy Lan
Apr 03, 2013 Lizzy Lan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Amber gets to go on a surprise trip to Alabama to visit Justin! She's so excited, but she's also nervous because her mom is trying to decide if she should marry her boyfriend, Max. Amber's not sure how she feels about Max marrying her mom, but she sure is excited to see Justin!
Emily
Feb 24, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber's mom's boyfriend, Max, asks Amber's mom to marry him. Both Amber and her mother have to decide how to feel about that. A trip to visit Justin's family in Alabama helps them decide.
Again, Danziger portrays a young girl's challenges in a very realistic manner. Amber is entertaining and real.
Danielle Dykstra
Amber Brown is hilarious! I love her sense of humor in. She is a character you will fall in love with! In this book, Amber talks about her parents getting a divorce and how change can be hard, especially for a kid.
Jaisha Taveras
Apr 19, 2009 Jaisha Taveras rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a girl named amber that people call her names and she says that she always would be amber brown no matter what .
I learned that no matter what people say you should always be you. you could find this book in bin RST. In Ms. lacy's room.
Kate
Mar 12, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember this one at all, but I gave 5 stars because that's what I gave the other Amber Brown books.
Ana Bea
Apr 17, 2009 Ana Bea rated it it was amazing
i loved this book the reason why is because it shows me how other people might feel when their mom or dad are divorced.
Noodar Yasmeen
5th in the series.

Loved it! Loved it when she ruined her photos! An d loved the rest of the book as well! I'd recommend all students of grade 3 and 4 to read it!
Nllovesbooks4ever
This is certainly not what I read nowadays, but that's the effect of time! I loved these books as a kid, and I don't want to forget it. A fun read...I really like Amber's quirky character!
Trent Duskie
Sep 17, 2014 Trent Duskie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book about a girl named Amber. Tells about her daily struggle and what she goes threw to be the best of her abilities. Good classroom ideas that could be taught especially respect.
Kathy Chung
maybe a good topic for young readers whose parents are getting a divorce but the topic is a bit heavy for young kids
Mustang
Apr 25, 2012 Mustang rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mg

The book was funny.
Karielle
Karielle rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2008
Lisa Fipps
Lisa Fipps rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Bookhearted
Bookhearted rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2012
Basia&gabby
Basia&gabby rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2013
Emmali
Emmali rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Destiny
Destiny rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2010
Amber Bron books 1 6 Jun 09, 2010 04:39PM
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
  • Karen's Pizza Party (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #42)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Marion Takes a Break (Critter Club, #4)
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • The 3 Little Dassies
  • Elvis and the Underdogs
  • Cam Jansen and the Ghostly Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #16)
  • Carlotta's Kittens (Cat Pack #3)
  • My Grandpa
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

Amber Brown (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon
  • You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
  • Amber Brown Goes Fourth
  • Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • Amber Brown Is Feeling Blue
  • I, Amber Brown (Amber Brown, #8)
  • Amber Brown Is Green With Envy