Start by marking “Laura's Album: A Remembrance Scrapbook of Laura Ingalls Wilder” as Want to Read:
Laura's Album: A Remembrance Scrapbook of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Laura's Album: A Remembrance Scrapbook of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Though best known as the author of the Little House books, Laura Ingalls Wilder led a full, rich life that spanned almost a century of American history. All through her life Laura saved mementos of her past, including early writings, letters, drawings, and photographs, which have been lovingly preserved in private and public collections across the country.

Now, for the firs
Published October 13th 1998 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Laura's Album, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laura's Album

The Little House Collection by Laura Ingalls WilderLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderLittle Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Little House Cookbook by Barbara M. WalkerLittle House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Little House
18th out of 100 books — 18 voters
By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls WilderThese Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderLittle House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls WilderLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderOn the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Little House/ Laura Ingalls Wilder
20th out of 26 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Aug 22, 2008 2bnallegory rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
I bought this book up after reading the Little House set to my daughter and we enjoyed seeing the photographs of the the people we came to love in the story and seeing them grow up, but it was a little sad for my daughter, 8 at the time, to hear how they all passed on. But if you enjoy more information this is a good book.
Dec 25, 2007 Sumi rated it really liked it
A nice collection of items preserved from the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Some are things you hear mentioned/described, such as Laura's name cards. Some are things that you never you about, such as pictures Pa had drawn for them when they were little or a book Almanzo had given her in their courting days. For fans it's another peek into the real life of the author.
Jan 23, 2008 Kris rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: LIW/Little House fans
So nice to finally see some of these 'artifacts' in living color vs black & white reproductions. A thorough collection, with items referring to extended family, not just her immediate family.
Apr 15, 2008 Shanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm a huge fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder and it was neat to see actual photos of the family and places that we all got to know in her books. I would love to visit the museum one day w/Madison and Marisa after they read all her books.
Hannah Ray
Hannah Ray rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2008
Sep 19, 2008 Charlotte rated it liked it
As a fan of the "Little House" books (I must have read them four or five times as a kid), I really enjoyed this "scrapbook" of photographs, letters, and personal memorabilia of the Ingalls and Wilder families. I particularly enjoyed the photos, as the images in the original books were drawings--I had never seen what any of the Ingallses actually looked like! I also enjoyed the family history information. The "Little House" accounts were based on facts but fictionalized in certain ways, so it was ...more
Jan 19, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
This beautiful scrapbook collection describes the rich life that Laura Ingalls Wilder could mine for writing the "Little House" books. But it's not limited to her childhood - Anderson reveals her equally determined and successful farming life as the wife of Almanzo Wilder and mother of Rose Wilder Lane. "Laura's Album" is my book of choice to give friends who want to know more about the real LIW.
Aug 24, 2010 Jonathan rated it liked it
Shelves: biography, nonfiction
This book presents a short biographical history of the Ingalls and Wilder families, along with scads of photographs. I especially liked all the pictures of the characters I read about in the Little House books (Pa had some wild whiskers!) and the places, which help put the books in much greater context.
Aug 21, 2010 Phoebe rated it liked it
Many photos and interesting biographical tidbits make this an interesting book, but it isn't really a very substantial package. I loved all the information about Laura's later life as an authoress.
Oct 06, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
After having read the Little House books last year, I picked this children's book about Laura Ingalls Wilder. The title says it all--it's a scrapbook of photographs, postcards and letters she kept. The memorabilia are interesting and the text is perfect for the age group.
Jul 27, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing
My Mom gave me and my sister's this book for Christmas. It was perfect since I was reading the series.
May 24, 2015 Lauri rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. It puts photos of the actual people and places that are in the Little House books. A great place to start learning "more"
June Geiger
Jan 11, 2016 June Geiger rated it it was amazing
Of course we all know there really WAS a Little House, and a Ma, and a Pa--just not as fab as the one on TV, and certainly not with Michael Landon's hair and bod. Kidding aside, this book is a Little Gem. An eighty-page feast of photos and mementos you never would have believed existed, preserved by Half Pint herself and gathered by a dedicated historian. Read it in one sitting; then you'll have the rest of your days to spend as many moments with Laura as you like.
Mar 09, 2012 Sanne rated it it was amazing
This book gives a complete overview of Laura's life, wrapped in a wonderful layout with many unique pictures.
Apr 01, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
I would love to have this sort of scrapbook for myself - but since nobody is going to make it for me, it's not done yet. I really enjoyed this as I feel I learned a lot about the real Laura without having to be bogged down in an intense biography.
Jul 05, 2015 Cat. rated it it was amazing
This was a nice antidote to the previous book. I picked it up at Old World Wisconsin last week and read it in about an hour (it’s only 80 pages). There are loads and loads of pictures: photographs of houses, people, and documents. Some are the usual standbys, of course, but there are enough new ones to make the book worthwhile if you are a Laura freak. Like me.

Every time I read something about Laura, I think how wonderful it would have been to have met her. Then again, it probably would never l
Aug 16, 2016 Kristy rated it it was amazing
I picked this up at a used library book sale. I love little house on the prairie and read everything I can get my hands on about mrs. wilder and her family. I love this kind of history. The pictures are exceptional and the details are mindblowing. I will definitely read this book again.
Jan 30, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, nonfiction, 2013
Patsi Trollinger
Sep 15, 2013 Patsi Trollinger rated it really liked it
I found this book while looking for the best titles to recommend in the Author's Notes for one of my own books, and I was impressed with the combination of innovative research, good storytelling, and illustrative photos and artifacts. It reveals a great deal not only about a beloved author but also about a memorable era in American history. Nicely done!
Jan 22, 2014 Rhoda rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and even more so bought it at a thrift store. After visiting her houses as a child and the countless memories of reading the books, she feels real to me. Love her family history became American History and this book documents that history perfectly.
Jan 24, 2014 Myra rated it liked it
A lot of information on Laura and her family. However, it may have been too much info for a short children's book. And the captions were in a font that was really hard to read.
This was a really neat book. I enjoyed all the pictures and letters that were strewn throughout the book. I also enjoyed learning a few things about Laura Ingalls Wilder that I hadn't known before. I liked how it talked about her grandparents, aunts and uncles and her parents and then what happened with her sisters after the books. I knew her daughter had become a journalist but I didn't realize just how involved in the literary world both Laura and her daughter were. Not to mention her sister C ...more
An invaluable volume of countless mementos of Laura's life. This beautiful book is filled with letters, photographs, drawings, newspaper articles, and other memorabilia that Laura had saved. I cannot accurately describe here how amazing all of these are to see.

The text, separated into chapters by years, first introduces the Ingalls and Quiner-Holbrook families, then transitions into an overview of Laura's lifetime. The text hits all of the main points and was very fun to read. (I'm not sure if a
Oct 14, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
As a huge fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder, I really enjoyed this book of compiled clippings, photos, and letters from her life.
LuAnn rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Feb 01, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
A very nice collection of photos and memorabilia from Laura's life. Makes me yearn to re-read the Little House series. (And some of the books I've never read before - shameful!)
Shireen Kathryn
Shireen Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Erica rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Aug 22, 2015 Adrianne rated it it was amazing
There are photos and items from Laura Ingalls Wilder's past that I never read about or saw. Did you know that Laura's father, Charles, had a brother and sister who married siblings of Laura's mother, Caroline? I find facts like that fascinating!
Literary Chic
Feb 22, 2016 Literary Chic rated it it was amazing
The material is my favorite...Laura Ingalls Wilder was my first literary love. The quick read has a great timeline of her life with plenty of "scrapbook" pieces from Mrs. Wilder's life. Children and lovers of the Little House stories will appreciate this work.
  • A Little House Traveler: Writings from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Journeys Across America
  • I Remember Laura: Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The World of Little House
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder: A Writer's Life
  • Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Woman behind the Legend
  • Laura: The Life of Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Little House Cookbook: Frontier Foods from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Classic Stories
  • The Private World of Tasha Tudor
  • My Life as Laura: How I Searched for Laura Ingalls Wilder and Found Myself
  • Bachelor Girl (Little House: The Rose Years, #8)
  • Rose Wilder Lane: Her story
  • Farmer Boy Goes West
  • Welcome to Kirsten's World · 1854: Growing Up in Pioneer America (American Girls Collection)
  • The Lincolns: A Scrapbook Look at Abraham and Mary
Also published under William T. Anderson.

William Anderson is an American author, historian and lecturer. He is a specialist in the subject of Laura Ingalls Wilder. He is a director of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum in Mansfield, Missouri.

Anderson has written magazine articles, for publications like The Saturday Evening Post and The Christian Science Monitor and others. He has received m
More about William Anderson...