Start by marking “Sweets to the Sweet: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home” as Want to Read:
Sweets to the Sweet: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home

Sweets to the Sweet: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Filled with the author's favorite recipes for cakes, pies, puddings, and other delightful treats, "Sweets to the Sweet" also includes a recipe by the lucky winner of the "Heart of the Home" recipe contest. Hand-lettered and decorated with Branch's inimitable watercolor paintings, this book makes a lovely gift.
Published May 1st 1998 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Sweets to the Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweets to the Sweet

Jackie
Must try Apple Crisp, Coconut Layer Cake with Lemon Filling, and Bourbon Balls. YUM! Love Branch's delightful handwritten ode to sweetness and desserts. A keeper.
Marian
Aug 07, 2008 Marian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: cook
Gosh, I am a sucker for the oh so prettily illustrated Susan Branch books. Just Darling- The font is amazing, it is like girlish scroll handwriting but still easy to read even in the smaller sizes. I love how the titles are Watercolor in a different color ink for each item,i.e. the chocolate cake title is a warm brown, orange cake is orange, Sweet potato recipe is rusty orange.
The outside of the recipe pages are decorated with teensy tiny details, small dots, roses borders, hearts and cherries
Neja
This sweet =) book is mostly a recipe book. It's a collection of recipes for desserts and some recipes are the same as in other books written by Susan Branch, because this is truly a collection. You will find so many classical recipes! Like for pies (blueberry, apple, banana cream..), cakes (chocolate, orange, carrot..), fruit desserts (chocolate-dipped strawberries, baked apples..), fruit sauces, puddings (rice, tapioca…) and some other treats like profiteroles, lemon squares… It's such a wonde ...more
ThePinkCarrot
Darling little book which is the result of her recipe contest. You'll want to try the winning recipe, Fairy Cakes, or Chocolate-covered Strawberries, or Peach Crisp, or...maybe just one of each!
Judy A
Delicious little book with wonderful recipes for your sweet tooth. As usual Susan's illustrations are such a treat in themselves. I'll sum it up in one word -"Sweet".
Anna
Adorable book. I got it as a gift, I believe, and I've enjoyed it. I don't think I've cooked from it yet...hehe. The recipes are pretty general and simple.
Nicole
So many yummy recipes and I've loved all I've tried! So has my sweetie! Again, Susan Branch's cute style with sweet and fun sayings and ideas.
Linda
A sweet little book to give as a valentine treat to a favorite friend.
Mary Kathryn
A wonderful gift from my daughter
Vee41dmb
udder cuteness!
Nicole
Nicole added it
Mar 27, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
gray
gray marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Jaka Yzma
Jaka Yzma marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I'm the author of the Heart of the Home series of hand-written and watercolored books. Here's how I described myself on my Twitter page: Happy gene, author, watercolor artist, love Joe, girlfriends, kitties, cooking & gardening, riding the train, Martha's Vineyard and England too. Signed copies are available at www.susanbranch.com

For a lot more about my favorite books and movies and things lik
More about Susan Branch...
A Fine Romance:  Falling in Love with the English Countryside The Summer Book Autumn from the Heart of the Home Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen Christmas from the Heart of the Home