Start by marking “The E-Myth Manager: Why Most Managers Don't Work and What to Do About It” as Want to Read:
The E-Myth Manager: Why Most Managers Don't Work and What to Do About It

The E-Myth Manager: Why Most Managers Don't Work and What to Do About It

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  166 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
More than ten years after his first bestselling book, The E-Myth, changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of small business owners, Michael Gerber椮trepreneur, author, and speaker extraordinaire楩res the next salvo in his highly successful E-Myth Revolution. Drawing on lessons learned from working with more than 15,000 small, medium-sized, and very large organisations, Ge ...more
Published October 14th 2004 by HarperBusiness (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Manager, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Manager

JP
May 18, 2013 JP rated it liked it
This author puts down the constant siege of management trends built on buzzwords and oversimplified concepts. Then he proceeds to put forth his own version of the same. However, he does rely more on principle and makes some interesting points on the way. Foremost among them is that a good manager starts with asking the question "What do I want?" The wisdom behind this is derived from his original "e-myth" that successful companies are not based on an entrepeneurial culture but instead on one per ...more
Mckinley
Nov 18, 2015 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Not sure about this one. Didn't really enjoy the tone. Felt there was a lot of padding, but the key ideas wouldn't fill up a book and thus make sales...

7 steps in becoming an Emyth manager: primary aim, strategic objective, then the stategies: financial, organizational, management, people and marketing.
Godwin
Jun 13, 2012 Godwin rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
THIS IS A BOOK FOR:
1. ANYONE WHO WANT GO SOMEWHERE IN BUSINESS LIFE
2. SOMEONE WHO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WHAT HE'S SEEING
3. SOMEONE WHO WANT TO CHANGE HIS RESULT AND IS READY TO HEAR THE TRUTH
4. SOMEONE WITH A LARGE HEART FOR GROWTH.
5. SOMEONE WHO WANT TO KNOW HOW DEAL WITH FEAR, FAITH AND GREED.
YOU CAN BE THE EMPEROR OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU CAN CHANGE THE NATURE OF YOUR WORK BY CHANGING YOUR OWN NATURE - YOUR MINDSET.
ITS A MUST READ IF YOU ARE HUNGER FOR THE NEXT LEVEL.
Geary Morales
Aug 22, 2012 Geary Morales rated it it was amazing
The E-Myth Manager... a clear roadmap on how to transform your management team into an inspired, motivated and empowered group of intra-preneurs.

Indeed, if you want your organization to leap-frog towards demonstrable, measurable results, profits and joy - train and coach them through these watershed concepts and principles!

I've facilitated this course with one of my client's executive management teams, and the results have been extraordinary within a very short time!
Chase
Dec 28, 2010 Chase rated it it was amazing
So I read this after I read E-myth revisited. I think this was also an excellent book. It's about becoming a motivated manager and helping other become motivated. Again, I think he is spot on.
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
Please see the review for The E-Myth. Again, you would do well to consider the concepts in the books by this author. These are simple to understand, but can be very difficult to implement!
Cris
Apr 07, 2008 Cris rated it liked it
I find the concept of the emperor, the manager and the technician handy... That at any time your focus is either on The Enterprise (Vision) The Business (Processes) or The Practice (Execution).
Andrew
Jul 23, 2008 Andrew rated it it was amazing
How to keep the managers and owners of a company always working together and building the best company together. One of the best books I read and I think every manager should read it.
Doug Wood
Jul 08, 2008 Doug Wood rated it it was ok
Shelves:
This book has a few good points, but I did not like the condescending attitude.
Eli Mandel
Aug 26, 2012 Eli Mandel rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
I loved the E-Myth Revisited. It changed my life.
This book was gobbledygook.
Rodney
Aram
Aram rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
David Manning
David Manning marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Gavin
Gavin is currently reading it
May 29, 2016
Bill Gross
Bill Gross rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Muchineripi
Muchineripi marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Medo Kevlishvili
Medo Kevlishvili marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Jason Rigby
Jason Rigby marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Paul Baughman
Paul Baughman rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
David Bertelsen
David Bertelsen rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Akash
Akash rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Caleb
Caleb marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Sebastian Potthoff
Sebastian Potthoff marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Dov
Dov added it
Apr 27, 2016
Brendt Munro
Brendt Munro rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2016
Heng Visal
Heng Visal marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
  • True Professionalism: The Courage to Care About Your People, Your Clients, and Your Career
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Sales Answers: 99.5 Real World Answers That Make Sense, Make Sales, and Make Money
  • Daily Reflections For Highly Effective People : Living The 7 Habits Of Highly Successful People Every Day
  • Stand-Up Comedy: The Book
  • Blur: The Speed Of Change In The Connected Economy
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • The Unemployed Millionaire: Escape the Rat Race, Fire Your Boss and Live Life on Your Terms!
  • Michael Jackson's Malt Whisky Companion
  • Often Wrong, Never in Doubt: Unleash the Business Rebel Within
  • Earn What You're Really Worth: Maximize Your Income at Any Time in Any Market
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • The Finish Rich Workbook: Creating a Personalized Plan for a Richer Future (Get out of debt, Put your dreams in action and achieve Financial Freedom
  • Thriving on Chaos: Handbook for a Management Revolution
  • Harvard Business Review on Leadership
  • Exiles: Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture
  • Get Back in the Box
  • What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication
  • Career Warfare: 10 Rules for Building a Successful Personal Brand and Fighting to Keep It