Start by marking “Quiet Time with Cassatt” as Want to Read:
Quiet Time with Cassatt

Quiet Time with Cassatt

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
New board books in the best-selling Mini Masters series feature beautiful paintings from Cassatt and Picasso and rhyming text introducing budding artists to these famous masters.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published August 17th 2006 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Quiet Time with Cassatt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quiet Time with Cassatt

Hope L. Justice
This book in the series was just ok. It wasn't good, but it wasn't disappointing. I think it's important to subject children to good art early on, but I am not sacrificing language for illustration. I almost think a board book with these paintings would be best left without a plot. I would like to see a large board book with perhaps a legend for counting or searching.
Elsa
Too advanced for my infant right now, but I'll come back to it later.

This is one of a series of artist-themed board books (mostly Impressionists, but there's a Picasso one, too). Painting reproductions are accompanied by simple rhymed descriptions of the images. May be useful for simple picture study with toddlers, although Charlotte Mason purists will note that there's some interpretation going on in the descriptions.
Jami Dwyer
My 14-month-old loves turning the pages and looking at the paintings in this book. I can only read about half the words on each page before it's on the next page, but any book he brings us to "read" is a winner. I'm reviewing this before looking for similar books in the series or by these authors.
Rjgolden
Great book for students to learn reading skills. A lot of rhyming and rhythm. The illustrations are gorgeous too.
Wilder
Slightly wordy for a board book but lovely none the less.
Anajoy-rusticgirl
Anajoy-rusticgirl marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Zolan
Zolan marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Jan 16, 2014
Antonia
Antonia marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Megan
Megan added it
Sep 12, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
The
The marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Ian
Ian added it
Apr 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
In the Garden with Van Gogh A Picnic with Monet Dancing with Degas A Magical Day with Matisse Mini Masters Boxed Set