Start by marking “The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch, #3)

The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch #3)

Rancher Justin Granger hasn't seen his high school sweetheart since she rode out of town with his heart. Now, "too good for this small town" Rori Cornell stands on his doorstep, seeking a job as his cook and housekeeper. He can't turn her away, not with the sadness and worry in her cornflower-blue eyes. He'll just have to avoid her between meals. But when Justin discovers ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 278 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Promise

May 26, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Yay! Another great book from Jillian! I just love how she makes her characters so real and accessible. Two people who have different perspectives on how things in their relationship went at a young age can cloud judgement. But, the fact that both have grown up and learned lessons the hard way benefits both of them. Despite a horrible choice in a marriage partner the first time around, Rori, wants to let by gones be by gones and get along with erh former flame Justin. Justin can seem to get passe ...more
Susan Hollaway
Jun 14, 2010 Susan Hollaway rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes romance
She broke his heart several years ago when she left town seeking bigger and better things. Experience told Justin he wasn’t good enough. He wasn’t looking for any relationship or to rekindle any feelings from the past, but he still didn’t like what he saw. And what he saw was Rori Cornell, his old high school sweetheart, walking down the street, looking better than ever. If that wasn’t bad enough, she showed up at his family’s ranch to interview for the cook and housekeeper position. He was not ...more
Kathryn Cooper
May 08, 2012 Kathryn Cooper rated it liked it
Reviewed on Clean Adult Fiction

This was a really sweet love story. I loved learning about Rori and Justin's as their past together and apart came out through the story. Rori had left Justin and the farm life to go to college. Rori had gotten married and was now back in Justin's life after a rough divorce. The characters were great with a fun peek into the life of a rancher. I didn't know cows could show affection!

The only thing that bothered me was the change in Point of View. The POV changed
Kate
May 11, 2015 Kate rated it liked it
Even though this is the third book in the 'Granger Family Ranch' series, I feel like this should have been the first one. Justin's family was introduced as cousins to Pierce Granger in the second book, but this is the first one actually set in its entirety on the family ranch. I loved the character of Frank, and Justin's sisters. I especially loved how Frank's story was starting to come together.
Justin drove me bonkers, and to be fair, so did Rori, at times. A little more communication could hav
Barbara
Jillian Hart is very gifted at character development. I found myself really enjoying the Granger family and their Wyoming ranching friends. I am so glad this is part of a series of books about the Grangers; I look forward to reading all of the others. The descriptions of the life of a rancher are very realistic; Ms. Hart's background raising cattle and riding horses shines through in the familiar way she is able to write about the setting of her novel. Anyone who loves animals and outdoor life ...more
Barbara
Somewhat dull story of the Granger family ranch in Wyoming, where Justin Granger finds himself dealing with his first love, Rori Coldwell, who has returned to the small town freshly divorced from her attorney husband (who has, naturally, taken all the money in their account).

Just once, I would like to see a female character who's "too good for a small town" acknowledge that she was wrong. Here, Rori simply bats her eyelashes and people tell Justin to date her again! Hey, maybe he doesn't want t
Melissa
Jan 13, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book from the Granger Family Ranch series!
The descriptive way that Jillian Hart writes her stories makes me feel like Im on the ranch and enjoying all that it has to offer!

This heartfelt story is about Justin and his high school sweetheart, Rori.
They had both cared about each other in the past, but when Rori moves to the big city, Justin thought that their relationship was over...
This series also involves the rest of Justin's family including his Dad, who just might be find
Tanya T
Feb 11, 2016 Tanya T rated it really liked it
I don't normally read Christian romances or Christian fiction. I got this book as a freebie and decided to give it a try,since i have read Jillian Hart before i know that she's a good author.
I like the Secondary characters also. The author promises the extra characters will get their own stories in upcoming books.
This is a sweet romance with inspiring comments and scripture worked into the storyline. I really enjoyed it!
Susan
Dec 30, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
One of the books in my own library that I pull out and read now and again. Sweet love story, but one of those where the characters are blind to the other's true feelings. You know the frustrating type. But still sweet. I love a book where the characters are praying their way through life - you know things will work out for the best when they are doing that!
Joy
May 18, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another sweet, heartwarming story from Jillian Hart. :)
I also got the biggest kick out of Buttercup the cow. I think I laughed during every scene she was in. :) I really enjoyed the Granger family and look forward to the coming stories about them. I love the humor as well.
Mevia
May 16, 2012 Mevia rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I love the characters and the thought of second chances. Justin Granger is the hunky rancher we all want to fall in love with. Can't wait to read more of the Granger family stories.
Victoria
Jul 17, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, it teaches a good lesson in love lost and trying to get it back. I thought it could have been better but I am not complaining about it. I didn't like how Justin was very ignorant to her and standoffish but I can also see where he was coming from.
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
"The Rancher's Promise" was a phenomenal installment in The Granger Family Ranch Series. I absolutely loved it: the characters, story line, everything. This is my second time reading this series, and I can't wait to finish re-reading the rest!
Melody
Jun 11, 2010 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another good one from my dear author friend Jillian! :) I related a lot to the main characters in this book, I feel like they could be relatives of mine! Love it when a book feels real like that!
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Aug 21, 2016 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Judy
Jun 01, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing
another excellent Jillian Hart book.

Although she leaves us hanging in this one. The start of a romance of another couple.

Camala
Apr 06, 2011 Camala rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful love story and very sweet but way to drawn out. Waited the entire book for the climax and it was over in two pages. Although I liked it and would recommend it as a warm fuzzy.
Kendra
Jan 27, 2012 Kendra rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-inspired

The Rancher’s Promise by Jillian Hart is a story full of wonderful happenings. The warmth and romance found between the pages are well-described by Mrs. Hart. I completley loved this book!
Denise Homer
Denise Homer rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
lindalerue
lindalerue rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
9085389137 rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2015
Megan
Jan 13, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!!!;)
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
nellie athey
nellie athey rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2014
Janelle
Janelle rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Readenqueen17
Readenqueen17 rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2012
Steph S.
Steph S. rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2010
Lyndsay
Lyndsay rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2011
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 09, 2015 11:29AM
  • Doctor Right (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #3)
  • Yukon Cowboy (Alaskan Bride Rush #4)
  • The Lawman's Christmas Wish (Alaskan Bride Rush, #6)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)
  • Thanksgiving Groom (Alaskan Bride Rush #5)
  • A Family for Luke (Riverbend, #3)
  • Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2)
  • Winter's End (Slocum Family #1)
  • Love Lessons (Homeschool Series #1)
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

Granger Family Ranch (8 books)
  • A Soldier For Keeps (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #9; Granger Family Ranch, #1)
  • The Soldier's Holiday Vow  (Granger Family Ranch, #2)
  • His Holiday Bride (Granger Family Ranch, #4)
  • His Country Girl (Home on the Ranch #4)
  • Wyoming Sweethearts (Granger Family Ranch #6)
  • Hometown Hearts (Granger Family Ranch #7)
  • Wyoming Wedding Bells (Granger Family Ranch, #8)