Start by marking “L'intrigante de Londres (Les enquêtes de Lavinia et Tobias, #1)” as Want to Read:
L'intrigante de Londres (Les enquêtes de Lavinia et Tobias, #1)

L'intrigante de Londres (Lake & March #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  3,310 ratings  ·  130 reviews
Lorsque Lavinia Lake entreprend de se lancer dans une enquête qui l'implique personnellement, elle est loin d'imaginer qu'elle croisera le chemin de Tobias March, détective privé.
S'il apprécie peu de voir cette jeune femme marcher sur ses brisées et menacer ainsi son investigation, Tobias la convainc toutefois de travailler de concert avec lui. Voici le duo sur la piste d'
Mass Market Paperback, 315 pages
Published March 2010 by J'ai lu (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about L'intrigante de Londres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'intrigante de Londres

Kusanagi
Il était trop bien ce livre
J'adore et le côté enquête, et le côté romance avec nos deux héros qui n'arrêtent pas de se chamailler.... Et Lavinia est parfaite.
Résultat je l'ai lu en une nuit ou presque (heureusement que je suis en vacances ^^)et j'enchaine sur le tome 2 XD
Daniella
"Extremely disappointed" does not even begin to describe how I feel about this book.
description

I've always been reluctant to read a romance trilogy, or a series with the same leads because they tend to be really slow in terms of the development in the characters' relationship. But Slightly Shady's glowing reviews and Amanda Quick's spot as one of my favourite writers compelled me to try this out.

Boy, was that a mistake.

I was right in avoiding this all along. The pacing was so excruciatingly slow, and sad
Steven
I almost didn't read this one. I read the second one then the third one and loved them both. I read some of the bad comments and skipped this one then I decided to read it. Why were some people so mean to this one, it was great. Even a bad Amanda book is a four star. Lavinia and Lake are the original Dallas and Roarke. Do not skip this one, read it first with no fear.
gina~*
This is the first in the Lavinia Lake/Tobias March Series. It is the book that has turned me on to historical romance and now im hooked!!!! Amanda Quick is my favorite author because she writes the perfect mix of suspense, mystery and of coarse the romance!!
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012- February category: Recommended by another reader. this was recommended by my daughter Hannah. Added Feb 2011.

3.5/5 Grade B

Slightly Shady is a solid effort by Amanda Quick. The dialog, between all the characters not just the leads, was smart and witty. Tobias is a wonderfully grouchy hero. Lavinia is a fairly typical Quick/Krentz heroine, which is to say a somewhat unconventional bluestocking who is matter-of-fact and independent-minded. The secondary characters Emiline and An
Nura
buku HR pertama yang gw baca di mana H/H gak berakhir dengan menikah. meskipun hero-nya gak perfect, tapi malah jadi menarik. heroine-nya khas AQ, widower. suka sama candaannya Tobias yang sering bilang yah, semua emang salah gw kok (terjemahan bebas)ke Lavinia. ada percakapan yang logis banget (menurut gw) antara kedua penyelidik swasta ini.

T: "Why is it that I am always the one who must produce the money when it is required in this
investigation?"
L: "You can put it on your client's bill."
T: "It
Normally, I really enjoy Quick's books, but this one just felt phoned in - the relationships and emotions felt contrived. I had been reading everything she published for awhile and about when this came out, I stopped. I got back into Quick through the Arcane Society novels which I have been really enjoying - this actually felt like a bit of a test run for those. I can't decide if I should continue with the Lake/March novels or not - I may try one more. This makes two disappointing romances in a ...more
Jill
I did not like this one at all. I don't know why I even finished it. The main character was completely unlikeable. I kept waiting and waiting for there to be something under the snootiness, etc. Nothing. I can't imagine what Tobias saw in her. Although I did wonder if I would have had a different reaction had I read it and not listened to it. Probably not--there would be times when she was all indignant and would get mad and it was so unwarranted! It was too bad, too. I usually like Amanda Quick ...more
Cruth
Author: Amanda Quick
First published: April 2001
Length: 344 pages, 5460 kindle locations
Setting: London, Regency.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Private Investigator. Widower left with the raising of his (now adult) brother-in-law.
Heroine: Private Investigator. Widow left with the raising of her (now adult) niece.
Includes: Excerpt from Don't Look Back.

An easy, light mystery, a quick read, and fun characters. Yes, it is very reminiscent of Quick's earlier works but, since it's been a while since I
Red
Jadi ini buku pertama yang benar-benar bersambung dengan dua buku lainnya (yang untungnya sudah kupunyai, berkat pameran buku!). Di buku pertama ini menceritakan tentang awal pertemuan Tobias dan Lavinia di Itali, walau kesan mereka pada awal pertemuan itu (benar-benar ketemu, bukan satu mengamati yang satu) buruk dan terjadi kesalahpahaman. Namun ketika mereka bertemu lagi di Inggris setelah beberapa bulan (gimana bukan jodoh coba) mereka melihat dengan logika bahwa walau sering bertengkar dan ...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
3 e 1/2
— Sarei disposto a darti ragione, ma non voglio correre altri rischi. In questa storia nulla è mai quello che sembra. “Te compreso” pensò lei. “Tu, Tobias March, sei stata la sorpresa più grande di tutte.”

Amanda Quick crea sempre romanzi originali, in particolare si sbizzarrisce con le sue eccentriche eroine, forse poco realistiche per quei tempi, ma certo molto divertenti XD Anche qui non si smentisce, anzi Lavinia e Tobias hanno praticamente due caratteri quasi uguali, entrambi testardi
Amy
I really enjoyed the first installment of the series. I have read these books out of order, so I read the third book before this one. What's interesting is watching how the relationship started out between Lake and March. I found the beginning a little hard to follow, but that might be because I read the third installment prior to this one. I think I may of been a bit confused. I do want to read the second installment because the series is interesting enough to make me want to get a little more ...more
Karina Sukarmin
First series of Lake & March and I almost didn't read this one because I read the second one first. And now i have completed the series of Lake & March. I love how Tobias and Lavinia been thrown together under mysterious circumstances.

When the story ends they agree to work together again, and I am looking forward to finding a new story with them as characters.

I like how Quick put the characters and the dialog so witty. There is no boring moment, romantic, erotic, fast moving plot,etc. I
Ashley Lauren
This just didn't do it for me overall. It had some definite perks but low enough lows that I just cannot say I enjoyed it.

Let's start with the perk. Quick has a pretty interesting story going on here. Sure, it gets a bit hokey and far-fetched but the overall mystery and excitement of it is pretty well done. There's a mystery in here that goes far more indepth than I anticipated and it's wrapped up nicely too, so I'll give some kudos there.

Unfortunately, that is where my praise ends. The rest of
Suzanne Moore
Lelyana
Satu lagi novel Amanda Quick yang menarik perhatian saya, dengan genre yang tidak biasa, romance detective..buat saya, romance ya romance, detektif ya detektif. Menarik membaca kedua hal ini di gabungkan.
Dua karakter nya, Tobias March dan Lavinia Lake, yang orang biasa yang selalu kekurangan uang menurut saya sangat menarik diangkat dalam penokohan, mengingat biasanya tokok2 di HR biasanya selalu glamour dan kaum bangsawan.

Bertemu dengan ending yang didak enak berupa pengusiran Lavinia dari Ita
Pam
Oct 09, 2008 Pam rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans; those who like strong women characters
Amanda Brady
Good for a lazy afternoon read.

I am not sure that I would rank this book at the top of Amanda Quick's books. However it does step away from her normal rosy ending. To me both of the main characters seem lackluster and I could not find myself interested in their story. In fact, I was more interested in Joan Dove than in the heroine. While I do not regret purchasing this book I doubt that I will re-read this story or buy any of the other books in this series.
Tasneem
Amanda Quick's style reminds me of M.C. Beaton. And since I adore Beaton, Quick was very much in keeping to my taste. Her characters are quirky, witty and full of spirit. The twists and turns in the plot are nicely done and the writing does not drag. All in all, a very enjoyable read.

The heroine Lavinia is a spirited woman, who married young to a man full of poetry. However, his untimely death has meant that she has had to struggle to make ends meet, and she longs to give her niece a proper seas
penelopewanders
I'm quite sure I must have read another Lavinia Lake/ Tobias March book way back up the road... but can't quite remember. So when I began this I had the feeling I was missing a prequel, although according to the lists I see this should be the first in the series. At any rate I very much enjoyed this - the characters are amusing, the story a good one. Fun. I read it on holiday, while travelling between Glasgow and France, and it was perfect for that type of setting.
Katy M
Very good. Not your usual historical romance.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
This isn't your usual hearts and flowers romance and I liked it better for that. There's mystery, intrigue and well researched historical detail.
Definitely worth reading. Krentz/Quick/Castle is one of my favorite author's. Aside from her early stock romances, I've enjoyed all of her books immensely.
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is another Amanda Quick story that grabbed my attention. Tobias and Lavinia have been thrown together under mysterious circumstances. Lavinia is working hard to establish herself in a new career and a decent husband for her niece. In her new inquiries she finds Tobias on the scene of a murder. Throughout this story the relationship between the two because very intriguing and interesting. They embark themselves on a different type of relationship and figure out through the lies and surfaces ...more
Debbie Katauskas
Awesomely terrifically fantastic

Wow, I love the characters , romance with some mystery, suspense, and intriguing plot twists that is why I gave him this 5 stars!!!!!! I recommend this book to those who like romance, mystery, suspense, and intriguing plot twists!!!

Jane
Enjoyable enough but very little sense of period. Regency? Victorian? I assume the former but it felt vague. And the constant use of 'bloody hell' jarred. A lady wouldn't swear and a gentleman wouldn't in front of her.
Lisa
Slightly Shady sees the start of the professional partnership between Lavinia Lake and Tobias March who make private and discreet enquiries for people.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others I've read by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz), I'm afraid to say. What was most irritating was the repetition of "Bloody Hell" from both of the protagonists at any given opportunity. It was just a bit too much.

That said, there were a few good laughs in the story, and while the development of the romanc
Cheri D Mendenhall
Good

Once again I like the unconventional historical and humorous aspects of this book. It did have convoluted mystery that she managed to tie up all the loose ends.
Celestita Giron
Me encanta el humor de Amanda es tan fresco y esta historia a pesar de tener un género tan típico de ella le dio una historia fascinante.

Recomendable!
Holly
Amanda Quick combines a historical romance with a good mystery.
This is the first in a series of 3 to be read in order.
This story is the very romantic, mysterious, and compelling tale of Lavinia Lake and Tobias March.
Tobias is Alpha male all the way, yet he has met his match with Lavinia. They combine forces(actually become partners, in more ways than one) to solve a murder.
Amanda Quick's characters are so compelling, and the dialog so witty, once you are pulled in, you want to stay till the en
LJ
Slightly Shady - G
Quick, Amanda (Jayne Ann Krentz) - 1st in Lavinia Lake/Tobias March series

Lavinia Lake, is an Englishwoman who returns to England after her antiques shop in Rome is destroyed by a stranger who claims to be on the trail of criminals. Upon her arrival, Lavinia becomes the target of a blackmailer, who turns up dead when she attempts to meet him. Waiting for her at the scene is the man who destroyed her shop, a P.I. named Tobias March. In her desperate quest to find the source of t
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Slightly Shady (2001) Book 1 1 3 Sep 27, 2012 11:39AM
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
Pseudonym of Jayne Ann Krentz

She earned a B.A. in History from the Uni
More about Amanda Quick...

Lake & March (3 books)
  • Don't Look Back (Lake/March, # 2)
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)
Ravished Second Sight (Arcane Society, #1) Dangerous The Paid Companion Mistress