Start by marking “Just Add Trouble (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Just Add Trouble (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #3)

Just Add Trouble (Hetta Coffey Mystery #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Published October 22nd 2012 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Just Add Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Add Trouble

When Pigs Fly by Bob SanchezThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsLittle Mountain by Bob SanchezGetting Lucky by Bob SanchezDivorce Hotel by B.R.  Snow
Best Indie Books to Read in 2012
94th out of 974 books — 1,189 voters
On the Road to Death's Door by M.J. WilliamsBlue Coyote Motel by Dianne HarmanCornered Coyote by Dianne HarmanHeavy Duty People by Iain ParkeThe Saladin Strategy by Norm Clark
Indie Mysteries, Thrillers, Westerns
11th out of 202 books — 341 voters

More lists with this book...

S.R. Mallery

To me, Jinx Schwartz’s Just Add Trouble hits a home run right out of the park. From the very first page, the language was so creative and well-phrased, I knew this was going to be a fine read. And talk about a great heroine! Part Sam Spade, part Mae West, one cannot help but fall in love with Hetty Coffey. No plot spoilers here; just hear me out––Ya gotta get this book!

Laurie Hanan
The Hetta Coffey mysteries just keep getting better. Now Hetta's in Mexico, it's Christmas time, and she's in a heap of trouble. Man trouble, and so much more. As the owner of a West Highland Terrier, I was thrilled to see one featured in the book. As an animal lover, I agonized over the fate of all the animals. It was a relief to know that the animals fared better than most of the human characters. I can't wait to dive into book 4.
Marilyn
This has been the best in the series so far. I really enjoyed this one. And as usual, Hetta is in trouble again. This time I think she really goes too far. Good storyline and some more interesting characters.
Valerie Downs
Super Sleuth

Super Sleuth

Some series lose their momentum as the series increases. Not so the Hetta Coffey series. The more you read of her exploits, and get to know her character traits the more enjoyment in reading the series. I think from my point of view, Hetta doesn't always seek out trouble, but if it finds her she won't back down! Blessed (or cursed) with a well developed curious nature, she follows her curiosity and instincts into multiple and unusual troubles. Fiercely loyal to her friend
Dee
I love the Hetta Coffey books. Hetta is an unlikely heroine and always getting herself in deep water. This series is very enjoyable, but you must read the book and not skim around and read the end first. Lots happens between the books, but if you read them simultaneously you will be able to stay up-to-date on the current status of the characters, what goes on in their heads, and how they work out theit current problems/mishaps.

Carol
Hetta has a penchant for jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire... repeatedly... but its so darn much fun jumping with her, why not? Quirky, zany, and a total hoot. She's like Stephanie Plum on steroids, and drags us along (willingly) as she cruises for trouble (and employment) in the Sea of Cortez, and hi-jacks a jacked-up tricked- out 4x4 in a mad cross-desert dash... coyotes and bikers included. Enough odd-ball critters and characters to keep the pages flipping.
Denise
EB- Kindle-Free. would have given it 3 1/2 stars if I could . The main character started growing on me . I had a friend in high school that I could not say no to . She was always the one I got into trouble with. She was my Hetta!
Jean DeBerry
Good read!

I really enjoyed this book...it had many laughs, quick witted characters, and entertaining animals thrown in the mix. it kept my attention and I found it very enjoyable.
Debi
fabulously fun read, fun, quirky, over the top, tough to put down book. I just love this Hetta Coffey series. wouldn't these make fabulous movies, or long running tv series.
Anne Fletcher-jones
Another great story

This was a good one. I read it straight through! Excitement mixed with suspense, very fast-moving. I really loved it.
Betty
California has become to dangerous for Hetta and she decides to locate just across the U S border in Arizona. Jenks has return to Kuwait. Hetta accepts a job in a mine in Mexico and she will drive to Arizona every night. She rents a house on a golf course near the border. Before long all her friends arrive for various reasons. Hetta makes a trip to winery in Mexico and returning from checking on her yacht Jan and her run into trouble again. An attempt to hijack the a plane they were to fly out o ...more
Allen
I particularly enjoyed this book because I have been in some of these ports and cruised these same waters in my 28 foot engineless sailboat. I have read previous books in this series, and adding the crazy bird Trouble to to mix made it even more fun. I also got tossed into a Mexican jail for 46 hours so I had to deal with Los Federales who are just as stupid as our Drug Enforcement Agencies. I wrote the drug incident up in an article on Amazon, Smashwords and Nook called "A Sailing Story: Drugs, ...more
Min
I think there was just too much going on in this one for me to really enjoy it. Plus, it seemed that there were a lot more racial/ethnic slurs in this one. And the wrap up was very quick, especially compared to the roller coaster ride that was the story. Still, it wasn't a bad read. I think I'll wait a bit before reading the next one, though.
Yvonna
Could Hetta get herself into any more trouble? And what's with the zoo on her yacht? It was a laugh a minute, but her brand of adventure can get a little tiring. She does meet some interesting characters in her escapades.
Joyce
OH MY. I am LOVING this series. The books just keep getting better. Schwartz has outdone it with this book, I laughed, I cried and couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see what was going to happen in Hetta's life next. A "MUST READ" series.
RJ
1 1/2 stars
This is a series and not a stand alone novel. The author kept making references back to the other books. It was rather annoying. Needs a good editor. Plus some very offensive racial / cultual language that just really bothered me.
Kate
I didn't finish this book...take off currently reading list
Heidi Thomas
This is the first Hetta Coffey mystery I've read, and I was quickly caught up in her rollicking adventure. If you like Kinsey Milhone, you'll probably enjoy irreverent, unconventional, zany Hetta. I'll be looking for more of Jinx's books!
Mary Schildman
Many twists

Maybe twists and turns. Good writing, good storyline, good characters including the animals. LOL. This is the third in the series, I must now go back and read the first & second. Will read entire series

Linda
Hetta is a hoot! Especially when you pair her with a personable, talking parrot and leave her alone on her yacht to let Trouble find her. I really enjoyed this installment of Hetta's escapades and look forward to her next one.
Nikki
Spelling errors, misuse of common phrases, and racism abound in this series with very little plot.

This was the last book in the series I collected before finding out they were terrible. I will not seek out more.
Kay Mcaloney
This was a fun read. Hetta really wasn't on a case in this book but there was plenty happening around her. Where Hetta goes, trouble and mayhem follow. I love her sense of humor. Great characters!
Wayne Stinnett
Another great book by Jinx Schwartz in the Hetta Coffee Series. I highly recommend this book for anyone that likes mysteries, sea adventures, thrillers, or just good fun reading.
Richard Evans
Best one of the series. Hetta just keeps getting into trouble... Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Zane Yates
Plenty of suspense as our heroine parties while taking down the bad guys. Really good fun read.
R. Grey Hoover
Another very enjoyable Hetta Coffee novel. Jinx Schwartz just keeps hitting home runs in this series.
Susan
This are just fun. A nice way to spend an evening. If you like Stephanie Plum, you will like Hetta.
Erica Childress
Fun.
Full of adventure, drama, and fun. Love the series and don't want it to end.
Nicki Conroy
The second Hetta Coffey book and I'm getting invested in the characters.
Richard Stephens
Love Hetta, and the rest of her crazy crew. Can't wait to read the next one.
  • Hot Enough to Kill (The Jolene Jackson Mystery Series, #1)
  • Deadly Arrangements (The Flower Shop Mystery Series, #2)
  • A Purse to Die For
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • The Cart Before the Corpse
  • Death of a Lovable Geek (Dotsy Lamb, #2)
  • Murder Half-Baked
  • Death by Drowning (Josiah Reynolds Mysteries, #2)
  • Deadly Business (Maid for Murder, #1)
  • Maui Widow Waltz (Islands of Aloha Mystery, #1)
  • Death on a Deadline (A Sleuthing Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Living Lies (Agent Melanie Ward, #1)
  • Mad Money
  • Murder At The Rocks (An Alistair Fitzjohn Mystery - Book 2)
  • Armed and Outrageous
  • Crazy, VA (Lil and Boris #1)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • A Cutthroat Business (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #1)
Jinx Schwartz is the author of the award-winning Hetta Coffey series.

JUST ADD WATER, first in the series, introduces Hetta, a sassy Texan with a snazzy yacht, and she's not afraid to use it. JUST ADD SALT, JUST ADD TROUBLE, JUST DESERTS,and JUST THE PITS follow her into hot Mexican water. JUST NEEDS KILLIN', Book 6 in the series, is now available.

Her other books: The Texicans (Texas 1806-1836 Hist
More about Jinx Schwartz...

Hetta Coffey Mystery (6 books)
  • Just Add Water (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #1)
  • Just Add Salt (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #2)
  • Just Deserts (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #4)
  • Just The Pits (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #5)
  • Just Needs Killin' (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #6)
Just Add Salt (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #2) Just Deserts (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #4) Just Needs Killin' (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #6) Just Add Water (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #1) Just The Pits (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #5)