Start by marking “The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers” as Want to Read:
The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers

The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers (Photo Recipes Live #2)

Are you ready for an amazing new version of The Photoshop Book that breaks all the rules?
Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine and the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of the latest, most important, and most useful new Adobe Photoshop CS5 techniques for digital phot
Published July 30th 2010 by New Riders Publishing (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers

Natalie
Mar 25, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
For a solid beginner, this is a good book, but any prospective reader should be aware that the first half of the book is, essentially, spent describing the tools in Camera Raw. I don't fault Kelby for this - most serious digital photographers prefer to work with their images in the raw format before, finally, opening it in PS for final touch ups, but I found myself continually asking, "well, yes, but when are we getting to the photoshop part?". That said, he did cover the most interesting new fe ...more
Greta
Sep 19, 2010 Greta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
I jumped from Photoshop CS to CS5 - and before I even installed the new software, I went out and purchased this book by Scott Kelby. I have two of his other Photoshop books and like those, this book is an excellent resource for Photoshop users of any level.

The author sets down concise, step-by-step instructions for various processes - from using Minibridge to converting photos to black & white images to creating panorama shots from multiple individual photos, and everything in between. Scre
Elyse
Aug 27, 2011 Elyse is currently reading it
Shelves: photography
Need to start to read all my Photoshop books so I can work on my photos! simple as that. Kelby writes with humor and not sure if I want to go through this one or go straight to Adobe's Classroom in a Book, which is straight classroom learning. Kelby is fun in his digital photography books, but I need to learn this quickly, so we'll see.
Anne
Jan 17, 2011 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this as a reference manual and seldom read a reference manual cover to cover. I did this time though. I do not recommend re-telling any of Kelby's jokes to your teens, unless you want to see a lot of eye-rolling. The bad jokes did keep me from falling asleep, however. The book was clearly written with easily-understood steps.
Ron
Sep 13, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
Plain and simply put, this is a CS5 recipe book for photographers. And perhaps much more. Time will tell. For me, the proof of the pudding will be in an extended application of the techniques and procedures Kelby chose to include in it.
Amanda
May 03, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very useful step by step book, covering the broad spectrum of editing as well as correcting errors.
Stan
Sep 07, 2010 Stan rated it really liked it
in spite of the bad jokes and over inflated ego of Mr. Kelby, this is a good book to get the important points of a very complicated bit of software.
Serge Pierro
Sep 22, 2012 Serge Pierro rated it liked it
Shelves: photography
Kelby once again delivers a useful book for beginner photographers using Photoshop CS5. Covers all the main features pertinent to photographers, including Camera Raw.
Patrick Leger
Patrick Leger rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Jose Sarmiento
Jose Sarmiento rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Paige
Paige rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Raquel
Raquel rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Mohamed Barghash
Mohamed Barghash rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Chad Booher
Chad Booher rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Ehsan
Ehsan rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Rebecca Nash
Rebecca Nash rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Branislav
Branislav rated it did not like it
Dec 24, 2015
Joseph Pung
Joseph Pung rated it it was ok
May 21, 2016
Cora Reilly
Cora Reilly rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Gonzalo Blasco
Gonzalo Blasco rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Philip
Philip rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Delphine d'Amora
Delphine d'Amora rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Steve Woo
Steve Woo rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2015
ian hopper
ian hopper rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Mohamed Metwaly
Mohamed Metwaly rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
  • Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature
  • Langford's Basic Photography: The Guide for Serious Photographers
  • Adobe Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (Voices That Matter)
  • Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • Understanding Close-Up Photography: Creative Close Encounters with Or Without a Macro Lens
  • The Print (Ansel Adams Photography, #3)
  • Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques
  • The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes (Voices That Matter)
  • Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos
  • Shooting in Sh*tty Light: The Top Ten Worst Photography Lighting Situations and How to Conquer Them
  • Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies
  • Chasing the Light: Improving Your Photography with Available Light
  • Night Photography: Finding Your Way In The Dark
  • Mastering Digital SLR Photography

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba
More about Scott Kelby...