Start by marking “The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets” as Want to Read:
The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets

The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Published June 15th 2010 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about The Boozy Baker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boozy Baker

Mandy
Watch out book club! I'm making at least 2 recipes from this book for you.
Linn
A wonderfully sinful collection of semi-alcoholic treats. I made the Naughty Girl Scout cookies both for my co-workers at the library and for my kendo class's black belt party. This is yet another book that I'm going to have to break down and buy because I keep borrowing the library's copy.
~*Good Recipes*~ Hiccup :o)
Victoria
I've tried some recipes from this book and I was really impressed! My favorite is this blueberry rum pie. Yummmmy! The recipes are easy to follow and there are pictures of the finished product so you can compare your creation. I use this book a lot.
☯Bettie☯

Dedication: TO MY MOTHER,ELIZABETH GLASGOW BAKER,for always letting me stick my fingersin the bowl and lick the spoon.

Blurb: The Boozy Baker is a fun collection of recipes for cakes, pies, tarts, cookies, and more, all of which contain a healthy dose of alcohol. Home bakers will recognize classic treats such as profiteroles, peach cobbler, and spiced Bundt cake, and be delighted by the ways they are reinvented with chocolate stout, almond liqueur, and even Jägermeister. Featuring more than 30 fu...more
Kathy Clark
Yummy recipes. Can't wait to try some.
Ashley Helgerson
Awesome cookbook, especially if you are looking for something a *bit* different and off the beaten path of baking cookies and cupcakes.

I have baked many of the recipes in this book and they all turn out quite good. Often you will get recipes that sound great and turn-out not-so-great, but not these.

I don't buy many cookbooks since I get most of my recipes online or from my own head, but this one is a good one to have lying around. Especially if you and your friends enjoy liquor and baked goods...more
Kim
Nov 26, 2012 Kim rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: cooking
I thought that this book may be a fun read, and it kinda was. Unless you have access to a FULLY stocked bar or are trying to use up odds and ends from a party, you may find this book to be expensive on ingredients. The majority of the recipes call for too much alcohol to leave it out or use and extract for the flavor if you were severing these to mixed aged company.
Scottsdale Public Library
So much fun! If you've ever wanted to experiment with baking with booze, you need to try this book. It's beautifully laid out with lush photography and simple, approachable recipes. There are also recipes for unique potent potables to boot. You will be inspired and your sweet tooth will thank you!

-- Meagan
Karen!
Fun way to spice-up many standard and some new desserts. If only they all worked well vegan! Of course, now I am under the impression that it is entirely socially acceptable to simply add booze to baked goods for good measure.
M
I prefer simpler recipes so I wouldn't attempt anything in this book. However, they do sound delicious so if you don't mind more complicated recipes, I'm sure they'd turn out great.
Celeste
I've only made one of the recipes(amaretto cheesecakes)but they've become a favorite among my friends, and so many of the others sound amazing I just haven't gotten around to trying them.
Kris
Fun book with about 75 recipes for using booze in baking. Cooking with spirits is as easy as using real vanilla. Yes, vanilla has alcohol in it.

I read this on my Kindle reader.
Just - The romance reader
Although I have yet to prepare any of the recipes the book is definitely tempting. The photos get your tastes buds excited, and will no doubt have you craving some boozy desserts.
Jennifer Chapman
I have not yet tried any of the recipes but her writing style is funny. I have bookmarked many recipes to try. I will have to make a few then write a real post.
Kaitlin
I love this book! I just made the champagne cake for an Oscar party and the directions were simple and effective. And... it was fun! A great cookbook.
Corrin
Eh. Some of the recipes look pretty tasty, but there's nothing particularly new or revolutionary here. Add booze to baked goods. That's the gist.
Darcy
This one had some interesting recipes. I did find a couple that I want to try, but most looked like too much trouble to mess with.
Stacy
Some good sounding recipes. There are a few I would like to try: Grasshopper pie, pomegranate pumpkin cake, and Dirty Girl Scout cookies.
Marjorie
Rating it four stars because I haven't tried all the recipes yet but the ones I have made are amazing!
Miss O.
Fabulous, spirited recipes for tasty beverages and desserts!
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Edible DIY: Simple, Giftable Recipes to Savor and Share Life In The Oceans Life in the Rainforests Secrets of the Past: The 2002 Childcraft Annual Life in the Deserts: Animals-People-Plants