Start by marking “The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets” as Want to Read:
The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets

The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets

Presents a collection of dessert recipes, all of which contain an alcoholic beverage as an additional ingredient, and includes such categories as cakes, pies, tarts, cupcakes, and cookies, with special recipes for cocktails to accompany the desserts.
Title: The Boozy Baker
Author: Baker, Lucy
Publisher: Perseus Books Group
Publication Date: 2010/06/15
Number of Pages: 175
Bindin
Published June 15th 2010 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about The Boozy Baker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boozy Baker

Bettie☯

Dedication: TO MY MOTHER,ELIZABETH GLASGOW BAKER,for always letting me stick my fingersin the bowl and lick the spoon.

Blurb: The Boozy Baker is a fun collection of recipes for cakes, pies, tarts, cookies, and more, all of which contain a healthy dose of alcohol. Home bakers will recognize classic treats such as profiteroles, peach cobbler, and spiced Bundt cake, and be delighted by the ways they are reinvented with chocolate stout, almond liqueur, and even Jägermeister. Featuring more than 30 fu
Colleen
May 11, 2015 Colleen rated it really liked it
+) this is the 1000th book I've logged on goodreads, 2nd cookbook
+) booze!! dessert!
+) some of these recipes sound like keepers and I've noted about half a dozen that I want to try right. now. I borrowed the eBook via the library but now I think I want my own copy.
Mandy
Jul 17, 2010 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
Watch out book club! I'm making at least 2 recipes from this book for you.
Linn
Apr 03, 2012 Linn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-own
A wonderfully sinful collection of semi-alcoholic treats. I made the Naughty Girl Scout cookies both for my co-workers at the library and for my kendo class's black belt party. This is yet another book that I'm going to have to break down and buy because I keep borrowing the library's copy.
Mar 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
~*Good Recipes*~ Hiccup :o)
Ashley Helgerson
Dec 24, 2010 Ashley Helgerson rated it it was amazing
Awesome cookbook, especially if you are looking for something a *bit* different and off the beaten path of baking cookies and cupcakes.

I have baked many of the recipes in this book and they all turn out quite good. Often you will get recipes that sound great and turn-out not-so-great, but not these.

I don't buy many cookbooks since I get most of my recipes online or from my own head, but this one is a good one to have lying around. Especially if you and your friends enjoy liquor and baked goods
Mckinley
Aug 11, 2016 Mckinley rated it it was ok
I have mixed feelings about using alcohol in baking. It's an expensive ingredients and baking cooks off the alcohol. So if it's the taste I'm after then flavoring may be the better way to go. Some flavors can't be easily substituted though. I tend to use spirits more in unheated parts such as sauces. Not really seeing a lot of recipes where I feel booze would add a lot. But that's just me, I'm not much of a drinker.
Scottsdale Public Library
So much fun! If you've ever wanted to experiment with baking with booze, you need to try this book. It's beautifully laid out with lush photography and simple, approachable recipes. There are also recipes for unique potent potables to boot. You will be inspired and your sweet tooth will thank you!

-- Meagan
Kim
Nov 24, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
I thought that this book may be a fun read, and it kinda was. Unless you have access to a FULLY stocked bar or are trying to use up odds and ends from a party, you may find this book to be expensive on ingredients. The majority of the recipes call for too much alcohol to leave it out or use and extract for the flavor if you were severing these to mixed aged company.
Victoria
Mar 16, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing
I've tried some recipes from this book and I was really impressed! My favorite is this blueberry rum pie. Yummmmy! The recipes are easy to follow and there are pictures of the finished product so you can compare your creation. I use this book a lot.
Karen!
May 23, 2011 Karen! rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Fun way to spice-up many standard and some new desserts. If only they all worked well vegan! Of course, now I am under the impression that it is entirely socially acceptable to simply add booze to baked goods for good measure.
Jennifer Chapman
Dec 23, 2012 Jennifer Chapman rated it really liked it
I have not yet tried any of the recipes but her writing style is funny. I have bookmarked many recipes to try. I will have to make a few then write a real post.
Corrin
Jul 27, 2013 Corrin rated it it was ok
Eh. Some of the recipes look pretty tasty, but there's nothing particularly new or revolutionary here. Add booze to baked goods. That's the gist.
Stacy
Sep 08, 2013 Stacy rated it liked it
Some good sounding recipes. There are a few I would like to try: Grasshopper pie, pomegranate pumpkin cake, and Dirty Girl Scout cookies.
Miss O.
Jul 05, 2012 Miss O. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, cookbooks
Fabulous, spirited recipes for tasty beverages and desserts!
Marjorie
Apr 16, 2014 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
I haven't tried all the recipes yet but the ones I have made are amazing!
M
Sep 19, 2011 M rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-related
I prefer simpler recipes so I wouldn't attempt anything in this book. However, they do sound delicious so if you don't mind more complicated recipes, I'm sure they'd turn out great.
Celeste
Aug 29, 2012 Celeste rated it it was amazing
Shelves: foodie-books
I've only made one of the recipes(amaretto cheesecakes)but they've become a favorite among my friends, and so many of the others sound amazing I just haven't gotten around to trying them.
Kris
Aug 22, 2013 Kris rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Fun book with about 75 recipes for using booze in baking. Cooking with spirits is as easy as using real vanilla. Yes, vanilla has alcohol in it.

I read this on my Kindle reader.
Just - The romance reader
May 13, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library, cookbook
Although I have yet to prepare any of the recipes the book is definitely tempting. The photos get your tastes buds excited, and will no doubt have you craving some boozy desserts.
Darcy
Mar 12, 2013 Darcy rated it it was ok
This one had some interesting recipes. I did find a couple that I want to try, but most looked like too much trouble to mess with.
Kathleen
These recipes look amazing.
Kathy Clark
Aug 15, 2014 Kathy Clark rated it liked it
Yummy recipes. Can't wait to try some.
Kaitlin
Mar 02, 2011 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I just made the champagne cake for an Oscar party and the directions were simple and effective. And... it was fun! A great cookbook.
Corene Williams
Corene Williams rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Uyen
Uyen rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Tammie Martin
Tammie Martin rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Silence
Silence rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer
  • Savory Baking: 75 Warm and Inspiring Recipes for Crisp, Savory Baking
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Fat Witch Brownies: Brownies, Blondies, and Bars from New York's Legendary Fat Witch Bakery
  • 101 Gourmet Cake Bites: For All Occasions
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • The Fearless Baker: Scrumptious Cakes, Pies, Cobblers, Cookies, and Quick Breads that You Can Make to Impress Your Friends and Yourself
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • Homemade Soda
  • Fast, Fresh, & Green
  • Home made
  • The Model Bakery Cookbook: 75 Favorite Recipes from the Beloved Napa Valley Bakery
  • Cook This, Not That!: Kitchen Survival Guide
  • Martha Stewart's Cakes: Our First-Ever Book of Bundts, Loaves, Layers, Coffee Cakes, and more
  • The Craft of Baking: Cakes, Cookies, and Other Sweets with Ideas for Inventing Your Own
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009