Start by marking “Penny Loves Pink” as Want to Read:

Penny Loves Pink

My name is Penny,
And I love PINK!

Published January 4th 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Penny Loves Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penny Loves Pink

Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly ClearyThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespearePinkalicious by Victoria KannCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Pink covers!
96 books — 22 voters
The Luxe by Anna GodbersenParanormalcy by Kiersten WhiteEverlasting by Alyson NoelFriend or Fae by Hannah BlatchfordStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Dressed in Pink
161 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
Jan 16, 2011 Melissa rated it it was ok
ANOTHER new sibling book. ANOTHER book that matches colors to genders. However, the hints that the baby is on the way are cleverly illustrated so they can be identified by the readers even before they are noticed by Penny. (The dad walks by with blue paint & wallpaper, the mom has a blue blanket in her bag, there's a blue balloon on the mailbox, none of which is mentioned in the text.) I also love how her dancing pink imaginary world turns quiet and blue when she finds out she has a brother. ...more
Kelci Cox-Griswold
Feb 01, 2013 Kelci Cox-Griswold rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, family
Penny loves the color pink. She is surrised one day when she has a new little brother and everything is blue. The illustrations in the book are cute and give hints that she is going to have a little brother long before Penny realizes it. It would be good to read to a child when expecting another child. Penny realizes that she loves her little brother even more than she loves the color pink.
carissa
Brittaney Reed
Feb 10, 2014 Brittaney Reed rated it really liked it
Doerrfeld,C.(2011). penny loves pink. New York: Little Brown Company/Hachete Book Group.

"Penny Loves Pink" by Cori Doerrfeld is a very sweet and fun book about a little girl who loves and owns everything pink. Her whole world is centered around pink from her toys to her room, until one day her dad goes to buy blue paint. This sweet story about how penny learns she is to have a sibling and everything will be blue because she will have a little baby brother. At the end of the story Penny discovers
Susanna
Nov 10, 2011 Susanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This sweet story is made even better by the warm and engaging illustrations. Penny's is a cozy, happy home full of all things pink. But subtly, there goes dad with blue paint and wallpaper... and while Penny has pink cotton candy, her pregnant mom has a blue blanket peeking out of a shopping bag. Little hints in the pictures show us that Penny's world may not remain all pink. When the baby arrives, Penny's face shows her concern. But she finds her own way to acceptance. A lovely book for a littl ...more
Christine Turner
Feb 09, 2015 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
My name is Penny, And I love PINK! Meet Penny, the world's number-one pink fan. She loves her pink sunglasses, her pink tea set, her pink stuffed animals, and even her pink potty! But as Penny discovers, there is something she just might love even more than the color pink . . . This is the perfect my-first-pink book for every little girl's library. After all, you can never ever have enough pink!
Spencer Moser
Penny Loves Pink by Cori Doerrfeld is about Penny who is absolutely in love with the color pink. Everything she has is pink, if it's pink, Penny is in love. All that changes when her parents come home with a baby brother that love blue! Oh no! Penny learns to love other things including the color blue and her baby brother. This is a good book to read for kids who need to deal with change. Change is scary, but this brings it into a new perspective.
Danica Midlil
Aug 31, 2011 Danica Midlil rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly delightful. I loved the subtle clues to the reader in the illustrations (but NOT in the text) that Penny is in for a big surprise. I appreciated that Penny looks realistically childlike and isn't another mini Barbie with pounds of blonde ringlets. The expressions on the bunnies when they turn blue and point to each other in horror are priceless!! Really loved the ending! Red-headed people after all, really are pink!
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Penny loves pink. But she’s worried when she thinks about her new baby brother because she knows that boys are blue. She’s tickled pink to learn that her new baby brother is a lovely shade of pink.

“I love everything pink!

I think I’d even love a pink monster!

‘Penny! Come meet your new baby brother!’

No! No! No! Boys are blue!”

Connie Eberhart
Sep 28, 2013 Connie Eberhart rated it liked it
This is a cute book but not really my favorite. I like the illustrations more than the text. Overall, the lesson is a good one but unless you are working on the color pink, I don't see much use for it in the classroom. However, it may be a good read for the little princesses in our classrooms who love anything and everything pink. I would encourage Pinkalicious in that case though.
Kimberly
Jan 15, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I love the girl in this book and that she loves pink. My little girl loves pink too, so she relates very well with this book, however she does love blue too, but not as much as pink. I love the subtle hints of blue here and there throughout the book whenever the parents are present. Very cute! Loved the ending.
Erica
Oct 26, 2011 Erica rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, 2011
Cute! This book is definitely PINK! Penny loves pink - she loves everything pink until a new baby brother enters her life. She's not sure about her brother since boys mean blue but the baby is pink so she loves him.
Stefani
Jan 22, 2011 Stefani rated it liked it
Shelves: read-picture
Cute story about how much Penny loves pink. But watch the illustrations! They tell a story that Penny is not.

Another new sibling book. However, the issue is that boys are blue, until she realizes that babies are pink too!
melanie (lit*chick)
Feb 25, 2012 melanie (lit*chick) rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
I'm not sure what the big pink rebellion in the other comments is about. But this book was cute and my 2.5 year old loves it. She loves babies, pink, and monsters just like Penny. E was very upset we had to return it to the "libary". Sweet illustrations too.
Kate Hastings
Jan 31, 2011 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Pre-K to 1. Penny loves everything pink. Pink overload. Until blue starts showing up in her house (a baby brother). She learns blue has its merits, too!
Harper
Apr 22, 2012 Harper rated it it was amazing
Harper loves this book! She has even learned to read it on her own and reads it to her dad and me every night. When I asked Harper why she loves it, "i can read it. I don't need any help."
Becky
Jan 29, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it
We liked this - I mean, really, what is a girl to do when she only LOVES pink and then gets a baby brother??? Well, she might have to like blue too!!! TOO cute!!
Tina Denson
Tina Denson rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Holly
Feb 26, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: carson-s
Simple, yet so fun to read! Pink, pink, pink!!
Jason
Dec 28, 2015 Jason rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Really not my thing. Bleah.
Ryan Sias
Ryan Sias rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2011
Laura rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Megan
Jan 15, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
What could be more awesome to Penny than the color pink? Read the book and find out!
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Damera Blincoe
Damera Blincoe rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Zu
Zu rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Teresa
Feb 01, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it
sweet and little brother is on his way... in blue of course
Gaven
Gaven rated it did not like it
May 02, 2013