Start by marking “Stories: An Audio Collection” as Want to Read:
Stories: An Audio Collection

Stories: An Audio Collection

“I think people have an absolute ear for what is true,” Garrison Keillor told an interviewer. It is this rare and marvelous sense of truth—of laughter, joy, and compassion and situations—that makes Keillor such a brilliant and beloved storyteller.

The collection includes: Your Book Saved My Life, Mister, End of the Trail, Meeting Famous People, Family Honeymoon Al Denny, Ba
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by HighBridge Company (first published June 22nd 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories

Patrick
Dec 24, 2015 Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I've been a fan of Keillor for years. But I've started to re-listen to a bunch of his collections on Audible.

This one is atypical of his work in that there's nothing at all about lake Wobegon. Just a bunch of varied stories. But they're all good, and In my opinion, the entire set is worth picking up just for the story"The Midlife Crisis of Dionysus."

Recommended.
Deb
Feb 12, 2017 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic Keillor. I listened to this collection of short stories in one day. Garrison had me smiling and laughing out loud many times. Anyone who loves folksy stories of Midwestern/Norwegian-American origin will love these tales told by the author himself.
Drew
Oct 10, 2010 Drew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keillor really is a genius! These stories, I listened to them during my drive to Del Rio and back, were at time humorous, creative, off the wall and deeply touching.
Jen
Dec 31, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love a good Garrison Keillor story, especially when read by the author. This collection is of some of his best, some from his paper columns, and some performed before an audience at one of his many shows. Some are quite dark, some just laugh out loud funny, but all beautifully written, with his customary self depreciation, and with just enough bleakness to give everyday events an insight into what it is to be human. Really liked Family honeymoon, and also Meeting famous people.
Dianna
Nov 09, 2013 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed a lot of these stories, some I think I just didn't relate to. I especially liked the one about the smokers and his thoughts after a fall. Since it was an audio edition, I don't remember the true titles (forgive me, Mr. Keillor). It is worth a listen if you have a few extra minutes, he has a gift at story telling. :0)
Scott
Jun 01, 2009 Scott rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this audiobook and will give it to my sister. It's good classic Keillor stuff. Unashamedly a bit preachy, but never takes himself too seriously. Not all of these are gems, but neither are my reviews. Makes me want to write like crazy. Can't get enough of the guy from Lake Wobegon.
Mary Zombori
Dec 14, 2009 Mary Zombori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed through the entire audio of this book, and I don't even like baseball or softball. Great stories.
Brian
Feb 13, 2013 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
Hit and miss. Some really entertaining stories, but an equal number of forgettable ones. I enjoy Keillor but this was a bit uneven.
Joan
Nov 03, 2012 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize he wrote more than Lake Wobegon... this was very entertaining, especially read by the author on audio! I plan to read more of his work.
Tray
Mar 26, 2011 Tray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some real good short stories. My favorite ones were the quit smoking story and the 5 week family vacation. Give it a listen and tell me your favorite~
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Kelly Goldberg
Kelly Goldberg rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Nagaraj
Nagaraj rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
CZ
CZ rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2013
Steve
Steve rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2013
J Scotland
J Scotland rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Jessicamelling
Jessicamelling rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Mandy Hakemian claerhout
Mandy Hakemian claerhout rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2013
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Taylor Smith
Taylor Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Delaney
Delaney rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Kathy
Jun 08, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good hoot, but not a distraction as I was driving.
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Karin
Karin rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2014
Garrison Keillor (born Gary Edward Keillor on August 7, 1942 in Anoka, Minnesota) is an American author, storyteller, humorist, columnist, musician, satirist, and radio personality. He is known as host of the Minnesota Public Radio show "A Prairie Home Companion".

Keillor was born in Anoka, Minnesota, the son of Grace Ruth (née Denham) and John Philip Keillor, who was a carpenter and postal worker.
More about Garrison Keillor...