Start by marking “Stories: An Audio Collection” as Want to Read:
Stories: An Audio Collection

Stories: An Audio Collection

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  9 reviews
“I think people have an absolute ear for what is true,” Garrison Keillor told an interviewer. It is this rare and marvelous sense of truth—of laughter, joy, and compassion and situations—that makes Keillor such a brilliant and beloved storyteller.

The collection includes: Your Book Saved My Life, Mister, End of the Trail, Meeting Famous People, Family Honeymoon Al Denny, Ba
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by HighBridge Company (first published June 22nd 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories

Drew
Keillor really is a genius! These stories, I listened to them during my drive to Del Rio and back, were at time humorous, creative, off the wall and deeply touching.
Kathy
a good hoot, but not a distraction as I was driving.
Jen
I do love a good Garrison Keillor story, especially when read by the author. This collection is of some of his best, some from his paper columns, and some performed before an audience at one of his many shows. Some are quite dark, some just laugh out loud funny, but all beautifully written, with his customary self depreciation, and with just enough bleakness to give everyday events an insight into what it is to be human. Really liked Family honeymoon, and also Meeting famous people.
Dianna
I enjoyed a lot of these stories, some I think I just didn't relate to. I especially liked the one about the smokers and his thoughts after a fall. Since it was an audio edition, I don't remember the true titles (forgive me, Mr. Keillor). It is worth a listen if you have a few extra minutes, he has a gift at story telling. :0)
Scott
Listened to this audiobook and will give it to my sister. It's good classic Keillor stuff. Unashamedly a bit preachy, but never takes himself too seriously. Not all of these are gems, but neither are my reviews. Makes me want to write like crazy. Can't get enough of the guy from Lake Wobegon.
Joan
I did not realize he wrote more than Lake Wobegon... this was very entertaining, especially read by the author on audio! I plan to read more of his work.
Tray
Some real good short stories. My favorite ones were the quit smoking story and the 5 week family vacation. Give it a listen and tell me your favorite~
Brian
Hit and miss. Some really entertaining stories, but an equal number of forgettable ones. I enjoy Keillor but this was a bit uneven.
Mary Zombori
I laughed through the entire audio of this book, and I don't even like baseball or softball. Great stories.
Cheryl A. Kakiel
Cheryl A. Kakiel marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
2014
Garrison Keillor (born Gary Edward Keillor on August 7, 1942 in Anoka, Minnesota) is an American author, storyteller, humorist, columnist, musician, satirist, and radio personality. He is known as host of the Minnesota Public Radio show "A Prairie Home Companion".

Keillor was born in Anoka, Minnesota, the son of Grace Ruth (née Denham) and John Philip Keillor, who was a carpenter and postal worker.
More about Garrison Keillor...
Good Poems Lake Wobegon Days Good Poems for Hard Times Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon Leaving Home