Start by marking “Punto y Linea Sobre El Plano” as Want to Read:
Punto y Linea Sobre El Plano

Punto y Linea Sobre El Plano

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  458 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In this famous work by a pioneer in the movement to free art from the bonds of tradition — a work long considered essential to understanding the evolution of 20th-century art — Kandinsky explores the role of the line, point, and other key elements of non-objective painting. 127 illustrations.
Published October 28th 2003 by Ediciones Paidos Iberica (first published 1926)

To ask other readers questions about Punto y Linea Sobre El Plano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punto y Linea Sobre El Plano

Nina J. Kors
Ho provato a leggere questo libro parecchie volte: Kandinsky mi piaceva tantissimo e il titolo è intrigante.
Poi, a sfogliare le pagine, si trovano tanti disegni: triangoli, linee, scarabocchi.

Una sorta di testo di grafica pubblicato originariamente nel 1926 (casa editrice diretta da Walter Gropius e Ladislaus Moholy-Nagy, capisci...)

Forse si prende il mano il libro con il desiderio di scoprire i segreti della pittura e della creatività di Vassily Kandinsky.
Però non sono mai riuscita a leggerlo.
M
Matthew Conroy
Rebekah
Mar 12, 2008 Rebekah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rebekah by: Cisco
we disagree, kandinsky and i. but with arguing, how much better to have something direct and strong to argue against.

there are also several worthwhile illustrations of ships and very generous margins for marking in.

Anna
It was the best introduction to the depth of abstract art.
Ed Smiley
Read alongside Abstraction in Art and Nature. These two books take diametrically opposite, and supplementary approaches.
Point and Line to Plane is primarily a priori and Abstraction in Art and Nature a posteriori. They benefit from being read together.

Unlike Abstraction in Art and Nature , this derives formal relationship through a quasi-axiomatic method, using the most elementary visual primitives. Kandinsky attempts to derive and relate intuitive and emotional responses to these forms. He gen
Matt
Aug 08, 2012 Matt is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This book reads like Kandinsky is on drugs. Don't get me wrong, I love his writings on religion, painting, and interdisciplinary arts. But in this particular book he waxes on about dots and lines. Despite his stretching the concepts of dots and lines, there is a certain amount of truth in it.

If you'd to hear an eccentric Russian talk about dots and lines, this is the book for you. Here's a taste with just one paragraph (of hundreds) with Kandinsky talking about dots.
"The point's external conce
Elizabeth Goldring
This might sound weird but I found this book not only amazing for learning but incredibly entertaining as well. I tried to imagine various case scenario for the context in which it was written because it sounded vibrant at times and incredibly fun.
Carlos Mendez
Qué puedo decir, Kandinsky definitivamente no es escritor. No entendí muchas cosas, no entendí muchas palabras que decía en el libro.. pero no porque usara tecnicismos que solo pintores o artistas pudieran entender, sino porque usaba metáforas. No sé si con estas metáforas esperaba que ayudaran a las personas a comprender mejor, porque no fue mi caso, o será que simplemente yo no tengo imaginación.
A veces sentía que su intención era de que no esperaba que lo comprendiéramos totalmente. No explic
Jaza
This book came to me by a recommendation. The person that gave it to me thought that it would help me with my photo essay. It did, a lot, but it wasn't the kind of book that I use to read, so it took me a long time to finish it.
Natalie
A difficult read, but a very interesting idea is developed. Kandinsky attempts to codify artistic composition scientifically.
Van Derek
Mind blowing, occult view of creativity! Changed the way I view the world.
Maja
Kandinsky's books are like his paintings - abstract for me.
Katya
Completely changed my point of view on abstractionism!
Pepe Palacios
Oct 11, 2007 Pepe Palacios rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: architects
A guide line for fine composition
Íris
Mindblowing and fantastic
Maxsemakov
The best of ....
Luzadriana Nuñez
Luzadriana Nuñez marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Sanria Erfân
Sanria Erfân marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Findme
Findme marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Ana Paula
Ana Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Mehak Qureshi
Mehak Qureshi marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Kelley Joe
Kelley Joe marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
  • Meaning in the Visual Arts
  • Joan Miro: 1893-1983
  • Non-Adhesive Binding: Books Without Paste or Glue
  • Murphy's Law and Other Reasons Why Things Go Wrong
  • One Zentangle A Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun
  • The Classical Language of Architecture
  • The Success and Failure of Picasso
  • Art and Culture: Critical Essays
  • 500 Handmade Books: Inspiring Interpretations of a Timeless Form (500 Series)
Wassily Wassilyevich Kandinsky was a Russian painter, and Art theorist. He is credited with painting the first modern abstract works.
Born in Moscow, Kandinsky spent his childhood in Odessa. He enrolled at the University of Moscow and chose to study law and economics. Quite successful in his profession—he was offered a professorship (chair of Roman Law) at the University of Dorpat—he started painti
More about Wassily Kandinsky...
Concerning the Spiritual in Art Sounds The Blaue Reiter Almanac Kandinsky: [The Pioneer Of Abstract Art   His Life In Paintings] Il cavaliere azzurro