Start by marking “The Wire-to-Wire Reds: Sweet Lou, Nasty Boys, and the Wild Run to a World Championship” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  5 reviews
They were a one-year wonder, but what a year. The 1990 Cincinnati Reds stunned the baseball world by winning the National League pennant and then sweeping the heavily favored Oakland A’s in the World Series. The Reds held first place from game one through the end of the world championships — becoming one of only three wire-to-wire champions in major league history. Surpris ...more
Published June 15th 2010 by Clerisy Press (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Wire-to-Wire Reds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wire-to-Wire Reds

John Parker
With a future HoF member and a lot of home town favorites, not to mention the pitching and speed, this team was built to win.
Enjoy a new picture of Lou Pinella and the team built for Pete Rose that he was unable to take beyond second place.
If you're a Reds fan you will love the book. If you're a baseball fan you'll love it, too. It's a wonderfully crafted story laden with statistics and pictures that documents a team that was a wire-to-wire winner.
Linda
I was only 10 when the Reds won their last World Series title so I don't have many first hand memories from that season. This book was a lot of fun reading about the players and managers and that magical season where everything came together for the team. I did find a few editing errors in the book but otherwise it was a pretty easy read even for the casual fan. I also loved the pictures sprinkled throughout the book.
John
fantastic little book about my favorite year of my favorite team.
Michael Barker
great book on the Championship Run in 1990.
Charles Darlage
Wonderfully insightful book on my favorite team from my favorite year. Brings back a lot of memories, I remembered a lot of the games that was mentioned. Loved the behind the scenes of the team.
Jennie White
Jennie White marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Joe Callison
Joe Callison marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Jason Poling
Jason Poling marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
David Taylor
David Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Matt Steffano
Matt Steffano marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Kevin Mann
Kevin Mann marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
John Erardi is a reporter and columnist for the Cincinnati Enquirer and co-author of several books on baseball. He is the three-time winner of the Ohio Sports Writer of the Year award and an AP award-winner."
More about John Erardi...
The Wire-to-Wire Reds: Sweet Lou, Nasty Boys, and the Wild Run to a World Championship Wire-To-Wire Reds: Sweet Lou, Nasty Boys, and the Wild Run to a World Championship Big Red Dynasty: How Bob Howsam and Sparky Anderson Built the Big Red Machine Cincinnati's Crosley Field Cincinnati's Crosley Field: The Illustrated History of a Classic Ballpark