Start by marking “Blankie” as Want to Read:
Blankie

Blankie (Leslie Patricelli Board Books)

A comically expressive tot pays tribute to the all-important Blankie in a bright, playful board book sure to have instant toddler appeal.

Anyone who's spent time with a toddler knows that few crises compare with the (even temporary) loss of a favorite blankie. Here, in her humorous, bold graphic style, Leslie Patricelli plays up this scenario, surely near and dear to every
Board Book, 24 pages
Published April 12th 2005 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Blankie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blankie

Laura the Highland Hussy
Jan 31, 2015 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing
cute book! My kids love this one!
Laura McLoughlin
Jul 10, 2015 Laura McLoughlin rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very cute. Kathryn enjoyed it and we read it about 6 times yesterday
Ms. Jeane
Feb 11, 2017 Ms. Jeane rated it it was amazing
I read this one during Blanket Storytime and it was a lot of fun, my only thing that makes me sad is that I can't get this book in a regular picture book edition! Only board book!
Tapani Aulu
Dec 15, 2016 Tapani Aulu rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Iloinen vauva, jolla on oma riepu. Ei kai se vauvakirja muuta tarvitse.
Megababy
Nov 27, 2016 Megababy rated it liked it
Shelves: older
I HAVE A BLANKIE!!! This book is kind of long for my attention span right now, but mom and dad seem to like it (they say it's funny because it's like it's about me and my blankie). Maybe I'll like it more when I'm a little older.

11/2 - dad read this to me because mom stayed out late with her friend.
11/25 - bedtime story
Abigail
Aug 04, 2008 Abigail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-children
I read this book over and over and over again on a daily basis. The illustrations are simple and basic but very sweet and colorful. If your baby loves books, these are great because they're easy to understand and might even teach your little one something.
Kelly
Jul 28, 2011 Kelly rated it did not like it
This book was cute but after reading it Abby decided she needed to carry her blanket around everywhere like a baby for a few weeks which was annoying. The book doesn't exactly set a good example although I guess if your kid is already obsessed with a blanket it's not bad.
Erica Mayberry
Apr 29, 2014 Erica Mayberry rated it really liked it
Shelves: x460
This book shows that it is alright to have a bond with things. This is a book that most children can related to because there is usually one aspect or another that corresponds to the relationship a child has with an object.
Rachel
Jan 06, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
Sweet simple and expressive of childhood.
Allison
Oct 29, 2014 Allison rated it liked it
I love these books. Patricelli's illustrations are adorable and the topics true to age. Older toddlers will enjoy watching the baby while understanding exactly how baby feels:)
Katie
Jun 14, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Also cute, and also accurate. These are books written by someone who clearly has children (sometimes you wonder).
Darlene
May 27, 2015 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
We haven't read any of this author's books to my under 2 aged granddaughter that she doesn't ask to read again and again. She is saying a lot of the words, too!
Jessica
Jul 01, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-evelyn
Maybe it's because I have a blankie lover, but I just loved this book! Bold, clean illustrations. Simple story and a quick read.
Deb
Jan 20, 2012 Deb rated it liked it
Not for the reread pile as it is too much of a day in the life of obsessive behavior. I wouldn't want to induce sudden blankie obsession around here.
Kimberly
Mar 30, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it
Super cute and perfect for little people who love their blankies (or bears, or puppies, or bunnies, or whatever).
Jetta
May 04, 2011 Jetta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Jacob and I both love the illustrations and cute stories in all of Patricelli's books.
Katy
May 05, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookbabies
I really love Leslie Patricelli's sense of humor. Sidenote: my library's copy of this board book has one random upside-down spread.
Regina
Jun 26, 2008 Regina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-stories
These books are so much fun for my son and I to read together. Even though he can't read yet, I have so much fun reading her books to my son.
melanie (lit*chick)
Jan 22, 2009 melanie (lit*chick) rated it it was amazing
Owen's favorite book, he nods his head with every page, like "yeah, that's right, finally someone understands"
unfortunately, his blankie days are numbered....
Casey
Sep 03, 2014 Casey rated it liked it
Shelves: ita-s-books
We read this once & that's enough. I am wary of reinforcing the reliance on one item for security. If it happens, okay, but I am not going to foster it.
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2011
Purl Scout
Purl Scout rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2009
Aimee
Jun 03, 2008 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of Ansel's all-time favorites.
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Ting
Ting rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Timothy moody
Timothy moody rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2017
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2010
Amalia Ash
Amalia Ash rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
  • Ten Tiny Tickles
  • Yawn
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • My New Baby
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • Book!
  • Haiku Baby
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Who Said Moo?
  • Duck Goes Potty
  • No More Diapers for Ducky!
  • Trucks Go
  • Llama Llama Jingle Bells
Leslie Patricelli is the American writer of the books Blankie and Big Little. Leslie Patricelli grew up in Seattle, Washington close to Pine Lake. At college, Leslie Patricelli majored in Communications at the University of Washington. She became an advertising copywriter after college then became a ski instructor in Italy. Leslie Patricelli is also an illustrator for children. She created and ani ...more
More about Leslie Patricelli...

Leslie Patricelli Board Books (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Big Little (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Binky (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Fa La La
  • Higher! Higher!
  • Huggy Kissy
  • No No Yes Yes (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Potty
  • Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • The Birthday Box