Start by marking “Blankie” as Want to Read:
Blankie

Blankie (Leslie Patricelli Board Books)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  20 reviews
A comically expressive tot pays tribute to the all-important Blankie in a bright, playful board book sure to have instant toddler appeal.

Anyone who's spent time with a toddler knows that few crises compare with the (even temporary) loss of a favorite blankie. Here, in her humorous, bold graphic style, Leslie Patricelli plays up this scenario, surely near and dear to every
Board Book, 24 pages
Published April 12th 2005 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Blankie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blankie

Laura the Highland Hussy
cute book! My kids love this one!
Erica Mayberry
This book shows that it is alright to have a bond with things. This is a book that most children can related to because there is usually one aspect or another that corresponds to the relationship a child has with an object.
Allison
I love these books. Patricelli's illustrations are adorable and the topics true to age. Older toddlers will enjoy watching the baby while understanding exactly how baby feels:)
Casey
We read this once & that's enough. I am wary of reinforcing the reliance on one item for security. If it happens, okay, but I am not going to foster it.
kim
cute and perfect for toddlers attached to their blankies
Jessica
Maybe it's because I have a blankie lover, but I just loved this book! Bold, clean illustrations. Simple story and a quick read.
Kelly
This book was cute but after reading it Abby decided she needed to carry her blanket around everywhere like a baby for a few weeks which was annoying. The book doesn't exactly set a good example although I guess if your kid is already obsessed with a blanket it's not bad.
Abigail
I read this book over and over and over again on a daily basis. The illustrations are simple and basic but very sweet and colorful. If your baby loves books, these are great because they're easy to understand and might even teach your little one something.
melanie (lit*chick)
Owen's favorite book, he nods his head with every page, like "yeah, that's right, finally someone understands"
unfortunately, his blankie days are numbered....
Deb
Not for the reread pile as it is too much of a day in the life of obsessive behavior. I wouldn't want to induce sudden blankie obsession around here.
Regina
These books are so much fun for my son and I to read together. Even though he can't read yet, I have so much fun reading her books to my son.
Katie
Also cute, and also accurate. These are books written by someone who clearly has children (sometimes you wonder).
Jetta
Jacob and I both love the illustrations and cute stories in all of Patricelli's books.
Ann
50 Books to Read to Your Baby(2013 Meade Co.)

Not in library
Katie
My 2 year old is a definite blankie girl and she loved this book!
Huda
When you have a Blankie like mine, your life becomes much easier (=
Rachel
Sweet simple and expressive of childhood.
Marnie  Sferrazza North
Aww....Ted used to love this book.
Marie
My son's favorite book
Aimee
One of Ansel's all-time favorites.
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Let's Dance, Little Pookie
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • My Big Truck Book
  • Ten Tiny Tickles
  • Yawn
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Julius's Candy Corn
  • Baby Faces
  • In My Tree
  • Haiku Baby
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • Who Said Moo?
  • Chicks Run Wild
  • No More Diapers for Ducky!
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?
  • My Very First Book Of Shapes
Leslie Patricelli is the American writer of the books Blankie and Big Little. Leslie Patricelli grew up in Seattle, Washington close to Pine Lake. At college, Leslie Patricelli majored in Communications at the University of Washington. She became an advertising copywriter after college then became a ski instructor in Italy. Leslie Patricelli is also an illustrator for children. She created and ani ...more
More about Leslie Patricelli...

Leslie Patricelli Board Books (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad