Lynda's Lace

Lynda's Lace (City Heat #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  527 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Lynda's Lace Lacey Alexander "Book 1 in the City Heat series." Lynda Phelps loves sex. Wild sex. Naughty sex. Kinky sex. But when debonair Jordan Summers enters her life, Lynda finds herself hiding her dirtiest desires, afraid that if he knew, it would soil the pristine image he holds of her. He keeps giving her delicate lace lingerie, after all-when she's definitely a lea...more
Published July 12th 2006 by Ellora's Cave

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Lynda’s Lace is the first book in the City Heat series which is a spin-off of the Hot in the City series.

A little background - Lynda was the friend in French Quarter – (book 1 of Hot in the City) who helped Liz hire a Private Investigator to find out if her fiancée was cheating on her. We didn’t spend a lot of time with Lynda, but we learned in that book that she has some extreme, no holds barred tastes when it comes to sex, and indulges in them as frequently as possible.

Now let’s move ahead s...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics
This one didn't really hit the usual Lacey Alexander mark for me.

This is probably a bit laughable seeing how smutty the lovely Lacey's stories are but it was a bit too skanky for me. Hmmm, on second thought, no it wasn't really skanky, it was probably just that the 10% of actual story line wasn't loving enough to pull off a happily every after for me.

Gees I'm talking some shizit right now.

Ok, putting it out there in a completely jumbled ramble - there was a huge amount of sex, hot as hell as...more
Suzie Quint
Toni Blake (aka Lacey Alexander) is one of my favorite romance writers, but this story didn't have quite enough plot for me. The sex was hot, but as with Lynda, it needs the context of a relationship for me to really care. If I'd felt more for the couple, it would have been a more enjoyable read.
Joy
For those who've read Lacey Alexander's "Hot in the City" series, we remember Lynda, Liz's neighbor who told her to just go for it and introduced her to the hot P.I. Jack. It's now Lynda's story and I have to admit I was expecting something longer, and that there are more sex scenes but it was compressed just right.

Lynda is a really uninhibited woman after her divorce and she engages in hedonistic activities, male, female, doesn't matter as long as there's sex involved, like been there done that...more
Pete
Lynda’s Lace is book 1 of City Heat, by Lacey Alexander which has been sitting on my tablet since October of 2011, unread. What’s up with that??!

At the start, I was puzzled by two sentences.
”Wishing for fun.”
"Wishing for sex.”

To me, sex is fun, so I would have said that first, and could have skipped the fun wish. Lynda seemed to have her wishes come true after divorcing her smarmy cheating husband. She became a connoisseur of fun in the Big Easy, a very fun place to be, including animal fun, es...more
Linda
A couple that don´t talk to each other - despite numerous opportunities -- turns me off, and makes me sceptical. And she settles? I wanted to enjoy this, naughty sex and lingerie? Could it be better? but i couldn´t finish it. Might have been her going on and on about her "wild" life before, i don´t know.
Batteries NotIncluded
I read the Hot in the City trilogy first (French Quarter, Sin City, and Key West). I was somewhat disappointed with Lynda's Lace being considerably shorter.
Diane
i don't care for f/f/m stories, so this rather ruined this novella for me. since it was free, i don't feel too badly!
Trish
Fiction; Erotica
3 stars

I think is is one of the lowest ratings that I have ever given to a Lacey Alexander book. Usually I just gush over her writings, but this one didn't seem to hit the mark for me.

Yes, I will admit that Alexander knows perfectly well how to write some of the hottest sex scenes on the planet, but the relationship between Lynda and Jordan didn't work for me. If Lynda was so "wild and crazy", what was her issue with not being honest with Jordan? If you love someone as much as th...more
Aldy
Jen D. Fabico
Lynda's Lace is my first novel read by Lacey Alexander, and also my first novel in this genre. It's a far departure from what my typical book would look like and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

True enough as said by others, this novel takes place on a whole other dimension: where fantasies exist, no one holds grudges and the air is light and fluffy. Not everything read was believable. But who doesn't need to whisked away into a rose-coloured-glasses world every once in a while?

There were a f...more
Dalimar
Bueno es ciertamente bien erótico,pero erótico en el sentido de sexo fuerte.Porque en muchas ocaciones llamamos erótico a muchos látigos,esposas y demás casos sadomasoquistas.En este caso,lo hay pero la historia no gira en torno a ello.

Lynda se frustro mucho cuando su matrimonio duro tan poco tiempo y por el cual no fue feliz,así que se dedico a disfrutar del gran sexo de la vida con todo el que pudiera hasta que conoce a Jordan que se enamoro de el inmediatamente y por el trata de cambiar su es...more
Mysterious
The sex was okay, but mostly I couldn't get over what dumbasses these characters were. Lynda: When your boyfriend asks you flat out what your fantasies are, you should, y'know, consider answering him honestly. And Jordan: If you want to introduce kink in your sex life, sending your bisexual coworker (and ex!) over to seduce your girlfriend is a pretty insane opening gambit.
Judy Hubbard
This was a good read. It was nice to read Lynda's story (Liz's best friend from French Quarter), although Lynda's tale started in the middle (i.e. she was already in a relationship with Jordan when the book began). I wanted to see her meeting Jordan and observe their relationship growing instead of coming in with them already together. That being said, I enjoyed the book and will read book #2 in the City Heat series. There is one M/F/F scene, but other than that, this is a one-on-one M/F oriente...more
Rebecca Besser
Official review coming soon!
Tarra
I don't ever know how to rate books like this. I go into them for a "quickie" read and honestly, don't really expect much. This was sometimes pretty hot and often really skanky. Not much plot, but again, I was not expecting something deep and meaningful. I wanted these characters, who said they loved each other, to just talk about what they wanted out of their relationship. Took too long to be themselves. It was a freebie, so that's a good thing.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic eBook Exchange
D.G.
This is erotica how I like it: hot but with a bit of a plot. This book wasn't long so the conflict wasn't protracted. The heroine knew she was being an idiot by not telling the hero that she wanted different things but she couldn't help herself anyway (I know I've been there several times.) Also, I liked that for a change, the heroine was the one who was into kinky stuff and the hero was the 'newbie' who had to learn.
Nicole

Don't really have much to say about this book. It was an ok read. The characters were somewhat like-able, but definitely not any of my favorites.

Had some pretty steamy scenes and if you like books with more girlie bits than boy bits, you might enjoy it.
Jamie (Alphas Authors Books Oh My)
Wow this book was definitely HOT!!! Even though it was short it had a good plot and I loved the characters. This was only my second Lacey Alexander book so I was not sure what to expect but it was great. I will be reading more of her books very soon.
Renee
Wow--this book was so hot I thought the pages were going to catch fire! This is a short, sexy love story that shows how a person's perceptions can change as they fall in love. This is my first Lacey Alexander book, and I look forward to reading more!
KaysieLynne
The story was a little slow to develop for me. However, the steamy scenes weren't lacking in my eye. I was disappointed however tgat it was Jordan making ammends in the end instead of Lynda.
ms bookjunkie
A hot read, and while I wasn't always happy with the heroine's conduct—TALK to him, be honest with him already!—I enjoyed it.
Raquel Auriemma
If you're looking for a sweet romance, this isn't it. But if you're looking for heat, you'll find that and more.
Ltlmer2
really short and absolutely no plot at all. some hot sex but not much else and Lynda's attitude annoyed me
Kris
Short and HOT. I enjoyed it. It does have an ffm menage scene if that is an issue for you.
Megan
**Note all books marked as finished today were read sometime between Nov 20 and Dec 1
Terra Oenning
omg one word for this book HOT!!!!!! it was awesome and lived up to the fisr one:)
Kat
Very kinky and explicit sex scenes with not an overdone amount of romance.
Vivian Archer
Smexy m-f-f short story that is decadently entertaining.
  • Dance of the Seven Veils (Dance, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
  • Claim Me
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Call Me (Joker's Wild, #1)
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • In His Own Defense (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • Flaunt It (Paolo’s Playhouse, #1)
  • Copping Attitude
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Maneater (Special Investigations Agency, #12)
  • Curse of the Gargoyle (Cursed MacKinnons, #1)
  • Zane's Way (O'Malley Wild, #1)
Lacey Alexander's books have been called deliciously decadent, unbelievably erotic, exceptionally arousing, blazingly sexual, and downright sinful. In each book, Lacey strives to take her readers on the ultimate erotic adventure and hopes her books will encourage women to embrace their sexual fantasies.

Lacey resides in the Midwest with her husband, and when not penning romantic erotica, she enjoy...more
More about Lacey Alexander...
French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1) Seven Nights of Sin Voyeur Sin City (Hot in the City, #2) Bad Girl by Night (H.O.T. Cops, #1)

“Moreover, you couldn't get animal sex and tight leather and sex toys along with something warm and comforting and meaningful.” 1 likes