Start by marking “God Speaks” as Want to Read:
God Speaks

God Speaks

Book by Baba, Meher
Published August 1st 1997 by Sufism Reoriented (first published 1975)

Talat
Dec 29, 2009 Talat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meher-baba
My daughter called this book "epic." That's a good way to start to intimate what kind of work this is: a clear look at "the big picture." Meher Baba's "God Speaks" is the description of the journey of the soul throughout all the realms of the cosmos, told as simply and directly as such can be done. This is the book that inspires the idea of Pete Townshend's song from "Tommy," the "Amazing Journey."

Avatar Meher Baba describes God as a limitless, shoreless ocean and each soul as a "drop soul" of t
Eruch Adams
Dec 01, 2014 Eruch Adams rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who want to know how the universe works
Unlike any book ever. Never before has a spiritual book like this been written, and especially significant that it was written in English. Every other highly spiritual text of a similar magnitude was written hundreds of years ago and in another language.
For anyone who feel that there are too many gaps in the explanation of how life and death happen and what God's relationship to everything and everyone is all about, then read this book. It's like the perfect spiritual book and the perfect scien
Tushar Upreti
Dec 05, 2014 Tushar Upreti rated it it was amazing
Bible-Geeta-Kuran-Upanishad and many more. If you can understand the meaning of love you don't need to read any of them.The God speaks is really fabulous to read.As the divine avatar of the century Meher baba is telling us things which is totally unthinkable by human.The science is trying to prove the existence of God. They have big bang theory, they have galaxies and trying to prove everything we have written in our ancient histories and BookS claimed by religion.
But gOD SPEAKS IS NOT A RELIGIO
Marian C.
Jun 18, 2016 Marian C. rated it did not like it
Anti-intellectual solipsisticated chicanery.

I tried to give the book a chance since it was recommended to me by a dear friend, but I couldn’t even get past the “Original whim” chapter. I wouldn't say it is harmful or anything, it’s just that it promises too much greatness (after all, it’s the spiritual fruition of some Indian Sufi with a ridic mustache that claims to be a God) and yet it never delivers anything worthwhile. Right from the first chapters, God Speaks is eerily reminiscent of L. Ron
Sanjay Nigam
Mar 05, 2008 Sanjay Nigam rated it it was amazing
God's words - no comments!
Moments of Kabir
Nov 24, 2007 Moments of Kabir rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all people who are aware and care for spirituality and inner growth.
I have learned that we are not this body, truth is a process not an object to be coveted and that God alone is real. We have a connection to that eternity, and it our journey on earth to find union with our eternal non-self...

What I learned from this book went into our statement, please read that.

We have opened a message board to honro those who have got this far and for those who want to go deeper into interdependent truths or should we say the truth of interdependence.

Please register:

Alex Giurgea
Nov 16, 2016 Alex Giurgea rated it really liked it
O abordare interesanta a lumii intr-o viziune care combina sufismul cu vedantismul. Meher Baba numea aceasta viziune ca sufism reorientat. O viziune integrala asupra lumii din cele mai vechi timpuri si pana in prezent. Pe alocuri, am gasit franturi de logica, insa literatura spirituala nu este doar despre rational, nu doar despre ceea ce intelegem. Una peste alta e o lectura placuta, chiar daca pe alocuri greoaie.
Aneesa
I was surprised to find that I already knew most of what's in here, from the "zeitgeist," if you can call it that. Also I was deeply disturbed to find that my understanding of time was completely wrong.
Drea
Dec 17, 2007 Drea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All people on earth
I have learned a little more about how God Speaks and how it has nothing to do with book and how many you read, nor is our purpose on earth to become trapped in the mind. I learned that I am not my body, I am not my Mind. And that God is love and Meher Baba is God.
Gary Noguera
Apr 21, 2016 Gary Noguera rated it it was amazing
The most amazing book I have ever read
Parson
Feb 17, 2011 Parson rated it it was amazing
The book that sticks with me most of all.
Helena
Nov 16, 2009 Helena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baba-books
This book is like a precious jewel. It is undoubtedly the most difficult and the most rewarding book I have yet read, and for that matter, ever expect to read. Perfect.
Neeli
Michael A. Sherbon
Michael A. Sherbon rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
B. Barmanbek
B. Barmanbek rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
M.D. Meyer
M.D. Meyer rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Rachel Patterson
Rachel Patterson rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Nilgoon Salehizadeh
Nilgoon Salehizadeh rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
Ishwar Dhanur
Ishwar Dhanur rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Jeggsey
Jeggsey rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Will Apple
Will Apple rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Eric Nielsen
Eric Nielsen rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Sera
Sera rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2007
Sadhaka
Sadhaka rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Georgia Nieto
Georgia Nieto rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013
Suri.Rampally
Suri.Rampally rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Tea at the tomb 2 10 Jan 10, 2013 01:54AM
  • Psychosynthesis: A Manual of Principles and Techniques
  • The Drowned Book: Ecstatic and Earthy Reflections of the Father of Rumi
  • Tertium Organum
  • Principia Mathematica to '56 (Mathematical Library)
  • The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science & Spirit Together
  • Mulla Nasruddin