God Speaks

God Speaks

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Book by Baba, Meher
Published August 1st 1997 by Sufism Reoriented (first published 1975)

The Prophet by Khalil GibranJonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard BachThe Book of Mirdad by Mikhail NaimyThe Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Wilson WattsTao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
Osho – "Books I Have Loved"
64th out of 111 books — 48 voters
Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich NietzscheJapji Sahib - The Song of the Soul by Guru NanakSri Guru Granth Sahib by Guru NanakThe Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution by P.D. OuspenskyThe Analects by Confucius
Books Osho has Loved
132nd out of 155 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Talat
My daughter called this book "epic." That's a good way to start to intimate what kind of work this is: a clear look at "the big picture." Meher Baba's "God Speaks" is the description of the journey of the soul throughout all the realms of the cosmos, told as simply and directly as such can be done. This is the book that inspires the idea of Pete Townshend's song from "Tommy," the "Amazing Journey."

Avatar Meher Baba describes God as a limitless, shoreless ocean and each soul as a "drop soul" of t...more
Sanjay Nigam
God's words - no comments!
Moments of Kabir
Nov 24, 2007 Moments of Kabir rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all people who are aware and care for spirituality and inner growth.
I have learned that we are not this body, truth is a process not an object to be coveted and that God alone is real. We have a connection to that eternity, and it our journey on earth to find union with our eternal non-self...

What I learned from this book went into our statement, please read that.

We have opened a message board to honro those who have got this far and for those who want to go deeper into interdependent truths or should we say the truth of interdependence.

Please register:

Drea
Dec 17, 2007 Drea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All people on earth
I have learned a little more about how God Speaks and how it has nothing to do with book and how many you read, nor is our purpose on earth to become trapped in the mind. I learned that I am not my body, I am not my Mind. And that God is love and Meher Baba is God.
Aneesa
I was surprised to find that I already knew most of what's in here, from the "zeitgeist," if you can call it that. Also I was deeply disturbed to find that my understanding of time was completely wrong.
Helena
This book is like a precious jewel. It is undoubtedly the most difficult and the most rewarding book I have yet read, and for that matter, ever expect to read. Perfect.
Raj

GREAT GIFT TO HUMANITY.
Gregory Day
Well, I can't say anything 'cept thankyou God, Jai Baba, WU Wei namaste
Parson
The book that sticks with me most of all.
Neeli
Jul 24, 2011 Neeli added it
only GOd can write this
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Meltem Aktaş
Meltem Aktaş marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kumar Gaurav
Kumar Gaurav marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jessica Booth
Jessica Booth marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Gurtir Singh
Gurtir Singh marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Sunil
Sunil marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
elvis laren
elvis laren marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Ido
Ido marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Laurie Kumar
Laurie Kumar marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Dhyan
Dhyan marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Ilija Prentovski
Ilija Prentovski marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Mauricio Delagarza
Mauricio Delagarza marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Shrey Rawat
Shrey Rawat marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Shant Siyahian
Shant Siyahian marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Tea at the tomb 2 6 Jan 10, 2013 01:54AM
Discourses Everything and Nothing Sparks of the Truth: From the Dissertations of Meher Baba Life at Its Best Beams from Meher Baba on the Spiritual Panorama