Start by marking “Hazardous to My Health: The Marlboro Man I Knew” as Want to Read:
Hazardous to My Health: The Marlboro Man I Knew

Hazardous to My Health: The Marlboro Man I Knew

This story is about abduction, rape and extreme abusive violence. It's about fear. It's about one man's powerful influence with the police and politicians in two states. it's about the evil brutality on one Claude Hall, the third man to be used in the Marlboro Man ads. It's also about survival... a young woman's fight to stay alive and protect her children from harm. And s ...more
Published February 15th 2010 by Oak Ridge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hazardous to My Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hazardous to My Health

Charles Vandersnick
Mar 16, 2011 Charles Vandersnick rated it it was amazing

My name is Charles Vandersnick and my wife Marcia wrote Hazardous To My Health-The Marlboro Man I Knew. Marcia was abducted in the early 70's along with her two small children in Hawaii by Claude Hall, the third man to be used by Philip Morris in the famous Marlboro Man advertising campaign. She was kept hostage for four long years and watched by Claude's Samoan body guards at all times. It is an appaling story, one that will leave you asking how in the world could something like this happen?
C
Freda Mans-Labianca
May 12, 2010 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it liked it
Bravo, Marcia!
It takes a lot of courage to be able to tell such a sensitive story. I know, I share one with her. I have to admit, many times while reading her story, my own fears re-surfaced.
I think domestic violence is a subject that still does not get the attention it deserves. We need to help the women who are abused, because in actuality, the system doesn't. So, turning a blind eye, as they say, is not helping anyone. Too often that is exactly what people do.
I'm so glad I read this story. I
Joemmama
Joemmama rated it it was ok
May 15, 2010
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014