Start by marking “The Blood That Bonds (II AM Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Blood That Bonds (II AM Trilogy, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,999 Ratings  ·  303 Reviews
Two is trapped: hooked on heroin, held as property, forced to sell her body to feed the addiction. Time brings her ever closer to what seems an inevitable death and Two waits, uncaring, longing only for the next fix.

Published July 15th 2009 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Blood That Bonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood That Bonds

Interview with the Vampire by Anne RiceLuna Sanguis by Simon OkillDracula by Bram StokerTail of the Devil by Danielle DeVorI Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard Matheson
Vamp Books Not To Be Missed
50th out of 148 books — 102 voters
Tales From Dark Places by D.C. RogersThe Shining by Stephen KingMy Soul to Keep by Sean HaydenINK by Bella Roccaforte'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
Great Reads For Halloween
358th out of 442 books — 339 voters

More lists with this book...

Mena Grazie
Jan 20, 2011 Mena Grazie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Oh, just look at that cover! I love it so much!! It was the main reason I got the book, but I’m sure you could already guess that. Too bad it’s too misleading.

When I look at the image I think of a badass Urban Fantasy heroine killing everything that stands in her way of achieving something great and saving the world. As it turns out, The Blood That Bonds is just a typical, and I put it in bold because you can’t get more typical than this, vampire romance story.

It starts in a very interesting ma
Pia Veleno
"Her name was Two, and she sometimes thought she could smell her death, blowing in from the cemetery that lay south of her building in East New York. Sometimes she even hoped for it. Stinking, muttering, moldering death. Cold and dark."

It was a great start. I was pulled into Two's world of heroin addiction, a vicious pimp, and selling her body simply to survive.

Then a mysterious client requests her for what she assumes is a typical night of sex.

From there, The Blood that Bonds becomes your typic
Nicole
I wanted SO bad to like this book.

It was free on Kindle and when I read the description and glanced at the reviews (I only really scan the star ratings) I was siked. I LOVE Vampire novels written by men. (Ala Charlie Huston) Men have a way of making the (possible) love between a mortal and a Vampire make sense. Women go for the old, every girl likes the bad boy they think will change for them. Men, not so much.

I thought ahh ha! She was a drug addict and prostitute, of course loving a Vampire w
Carina
Jul 03, 2011 Carina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
This had potential to be a great story. It had promise of being something different, new and exciting. But it wasn't.
The first 2 chapters were really good. It sets you up for something that looks to be a great story, but from there it falls flat, predictable and a tad boring. I was still hopeful, so I kept reading.

There is no climax really. The conflict is obvious but it doesn't reach that high and it doesn't get your adrenaline pumping, like it should.
Two and Theroen are... non-beliabable. They
Penelope Fletcher
I stared to read this then ended up in tears at 3am, and unable to sleep even though I had to get up and go to work the next morning. Interestingly, the cover did not appeal to me, and I downloaded it on a whim on my way home from work. It’s choppy in some places, but a good read. I liked how raw Buecheler was in describing the complicated relationship between sex and blood. The ending was not so hot (in my opinion), but that’s because I’m a helpless romantic, and like my endings full of love an ...more
BookMarc
'The Blood That Bonds' is a vampire novel with more than an element of romance to it that reads as a little bit more old school than say, the Night Huntress series.
Like the Night Huntress series, and most vampire novels these days, it has a major love interest between the story's two most prominent characters. The female of the couple, Two, starts out the story as a drug addicted prostitute before being converted by the ancient vampire Theroen. I can't say I cared too much for the names of the t
Jamie
Jan 10, 2011 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting to me. I think, because it is written by a male, and because it is just very different. It does not end with the happiest of endings ... but that's one of the reasons that makes this book interesting. It was written differently as well ... not bad per se but the author certainly has a different writing style. It did have more than the average amount of typos, but they were words that just had an extra letter or a forgotten letter. I am really at a lose of words on ...more
Tammy
Two, ( That really is her name.), is a hooker addicted to heroin. She has a mean pimp. A vampire sees her and decides to turn her for himself. He loves her for no apparent reason. His master/father doesn't like this. and so on....

The books reads about as smoothly as my review so far. The author may as well called me up on the phone to droll on about his book. I felt like I was waiting for the actual story to start while being introduced to two dimensional characters.

Even her transformation to va
Tina
Dec 02, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a clean and sanitized Twilight-esque vampire novel, nor is a sweet romance where the vampires never kill people. Instead it is a dark, gritty novel. The main character starts out the novel as a prostitute, unwillingly hooked on drugs so that she becomes a virtual slave to her pimp. The vampire we know best doesn’t think twice about killing people, although he doesn’t have to do so to survive. Yet, despite that I enjoyed reading the story. The author doesn’t explain much of anything a ...more
Kay
Oct 29, 2010 Kay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I made it about half way through the book and decided not to finish it. Maybe I will pick it up again later, but it is doubtful. I actually liked the main character and the the concept of the book. I think it definitely had potential. What I did not like was the relationship between Two and Theron. Basically, he bites her, takes her home, helps her over her addiction and suddenly she is in love with him. It just didn't work for me. There was no relationship building for me and I feel that she di ...more
Jenni Hackler
Jan 11, 2011 Jenni Hackler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoys fantasy/vampire
Recommended to Jenni by: amazon.com
A mesmerizing read that intrigues you from almost the start to the end.
At 1st it was a wee bit slow but by the 2nd chapter, I was hooked.
If you are not used to jumping from current to the past view of characters, it may
confuse you only a wee bit to where you may need to re-read parts to understand
clearly. The ending caused a joyful/ caring relief but then at the same time,
wanting you to experience more of the main character. What will she do now?

I am a new fan of Christopher's now & am exc
Lainy
Dec 02, 2011 Lainy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire lovers
Blurb from Goodreads

That’s when Theroen arrives, beckoning to his Ferrari and grinning his inscrutable grin. He is handsome. Confident. Eager to help lift her out of the life that’s grinding her down.

The only problem? Theroen is a vampire.

His blood can cure her addiction, grant her p
Nic
Jan 09, 2011 Nic rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for_me
My rating and review takes in to consideration that I got this book for free from iBooks. Why must this be a part of the criteria, well it is because of one word, "editing". I've read several free iBooks and for most novels; editing, grammar, and word usage are extremely poor. The Blood That Bonds seems to be an exception to this sad fate.

The characters are well written and their voices are defined. The story isn't new or fantastic but it was entertaining and you cared for the protagonist. The a
Kitty Honeycutt
Sep 21, 2011 Kitty Honeycutt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"THE BLOOD THAT BONDS" BY CHRISTOPHER BUECHELER

A Vampire's need for a companion takes a heroin addicted hooker by the name of "Two" off the streets and into the realm of nightmares. Though Theroen had given her a new life, Two is having a hard time adjusting but learns quickly how to handle the change and seeks to help the other girls that are trapped by the pimp Darren.

This story is well-written and has a bite that most fans of the supernatural will enjoy. While I did enjoy the story it was ju
Sue
Dec 24, 2010 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gritty, very original take on the vampire saga. Loved the characters, loved the idea.

It fell a little short in some of the details. . . the idea of the 'change back' sort of left me out. I know it's silly to say when you're discussing something ridiculously implausible, but I just didn't feel the idea of being able to become human again was workable. How long do you need to be a vampire for it to 'take'? Is it good only as long as your 'maker' is 'alive'? When a maker dies, do all his progeny r
Dec 23, 2010 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Beth Blake
Jan 03, 2011 Beth Blake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
Kenya Wright
Jan 24, 2011 Kenya Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really a great book. I'm surprised because it started off really tragic, but the entire time I rooted for the main character. I would have given it five stars but I took away a star for three reasons (without giving away the story).

One- The romance's begining could have started more realistically. I understood why Two was head over heels but not why Theoron was.

Two- The name Two was pretty dumb. I think the author could have been a bit more creative. It was confusing a few times.

Three-
Leah Walker
Jan 30, 2011 Leah Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER ALERT

Well, it kept me interested all through the day i read it in :') couldnt put it down.
BUT i'm a soppy romantic so i was not happy with Theroen dying :( hopefully he will miraculously come back in the sequel (yn)
I also would have liked a little more love between Theroen and Two, especially because of the whole Lisette thing. It made me feel like Two was just a replacement :/
But it still hooked me in, more realistic (as vampire stories go) people relate it to true bloo
Lindy
Oct 01, 2014 Lindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book has lots of underage sex in it. I couldn't handle it. After the lead vampire admitted to having a three way with Naomi, some under-aged, servant girl, I just stopped. I just can't do underage sex.

Formatting? What's up? There are no paragraph indents for the first 1/4 of the book then they suddenly the indents appear in the middle of a chapter. Then, for good measure, the indents disappear again randomly around 50%. Also, the author used internet style formatting, where there's a space
Chella
Oct 08, 2014 Chella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the book started off great and had me hooked, for me, it started to go downhill after a few chapters. I found myself searching for another read. I am glad I didn't. The more I read, the more intrigued I became. By the end of the book I couldn't wait to read book II. The story of Two's life before Theron is sadly of one we hear too often, but what a ride it was after! I wouldn't consider this book a horror at all. No doubt one of fantasy and definately one worth the read.
Anne
Jan 24, 2011 Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire-books
I liked this book, sort of. I think the author has a way to go in terms of the quality of his prose and dialogue. The main character of "Two" (silly name & also it tripped me up while reading) really needed more development. She just sort went with the flow, really made no choices of her own, not until the very end. I don't think the author should have picked a woman for his main character because I'm not convinced he knows how they think.
Lorre
Aug 26, 2013 Lorre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-complete
This is the first book of a trilogy, and a Kindle freebie.
It was my first Kindle freebie I read and I didn't expect much of it, because how good can a free book be ?
I was totally taken by surprise after reading it !
It is a really good story !
I love Two and Theroen, they are great lead characters !

I can't wait to read the second book in this trilogy !
liirogue
Jan 07, 2011 liirogue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This started out really good - Buecheler did a great job of bringing the character Two alive. But as soon as she hooks up with the vampire Theoroen, it all falls apart. All of their interactions, and the entire Theoroen character, are surreal and oddly detached. The ending sucked me right back in - so much so that I might consider reading a sequel.
Sillylittlefishey
Apr 09, 2011 Sillylittlefishey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the concept was different...getting a girl of the streets off of drugs and out of prostitution and into a life of love with a vampire. It had potential but I found the story was boring as the writing got pretty long-winded at times. And the ending was taking your right into the next book, but it didn't compel me to want to read it.
Harvantebell
Aug 27, 2012 Harvantebell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smart-box
The beginning of the book starts off very well pulling you into "two's" life and struggle with het addiction to heroin and being g pimped it made me want to cheer her on so see this wonderful story to the end to see how it would end....An I must say im very pleased
Sarah Crawford
Jan 14, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best vampire book I have ever read because, for one thing, it shows what goes on during transition during the vampire state. It covers the loss of what humans would term morals as a human changes into a vampire. It has fascinating characters including Abraham, an extremely evil vampire who has god-like powers; Melissa, a schizophrenic vampire; Tori, more cat than human but still a vampire; Thereon, the male vampire figure, and Two, a young woman who had gotten into prostitution and d ...more
Mac
Mar 12, 2010 Mac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really surprised me. I didn't go into it with any expectations, but the author dragged me under, and I went willingly. A great page-turner that has me anxious for the sequel.
Julie Fain
Sep 19, 2010 Julie Fain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free for my Nook E-reader and I didn't expect much... but it way exceeded expectation! Great read and I can't wait for the sequel!
The Free Book Cha...: The Blood That Bonds, by Christopher Buecheler 4 34 Jun 17, 2015 08:13PM
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
  • An Unwanted Hunger (V'KAR, #1)
  • Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy, #2)
  • Cain's Apples
  • The Matchmakers
  • Resurrection
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Life Blood
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • DemonFire (DemonSlayers, #1)
  • Demon Girl (Rae Wilder, #1)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Something Wild (Darklands, #3)
  • The Demon Queen And The Locksmith
  • Deadworld (Jackie Rutledge #1)
  • Regina in the Sun (Children of the Goddess, #1)
Christopher Buecheler is a novelist represented by Kirsten Carleton of Prospect Literary Agency. He is also a web designer & developer, a cocktail author & amateur mixologist, a video game enthusiast, a brewer of beer, and an NBA & NFL Fan.

He lives a semi-nomadic existence with his wonderful French wife and their two cats, Carbomb and Baron Salvatore H. Lynx II. Currently they reside i
More about Christopher Buecheler...

The II AM Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blood Hunt (II AM Trilogy, #2)
  • The Children of the Sun (II AM Trilogy, #3)

“Sex is sex. Love is love. The first is a raw biological process, the latter is something more.” 19 likes
“I could kill you a thousand times over Abraham, but we would never be even. You took everything I had.” 13 likes