Start by marking “Trump” as Want to Read:
Trump

Trump

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,047 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
It’s not good enough to want it. You’ve got to know how to get it. Real estate titan, bestselling author, and TV star Donald J. Trump is the man to teach you the billionaire mind-set–how to think about money, career skills, and life. Here is crucial advice on investing in real estate from the expert, everything from dealing with brokers to renovating to assessing the value ...more
Published October 12th 2004 by Random House Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Trump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trump

Naja Faysal
I don't understand why a big chunk of this book focuses on The Apprentice and very little is going towards real estate investment strategies and tactics... I don't need to know the details of a TV program, i need to learn mindsets, strategies and techniques. So, in brief this book IS FIRED!! :)
Shirin Abdel Rahman
I will advice everyone to read this book,since it is almost the only book that Mr Trump wrote to be read by everyone,So you do not have to be An Entrepreneur or Business driven to read it.
The Books is a group of advice/Articles about all aspects of life(work,real estate, Restaurant business, relationships)from the point of view of a media and real estate tycoon.
1st Part bout Real estate(how to buy/sell/rent a property-how to deal with a broker-how to add value to your property).
2nd part about mo
Alamir
Jan 27, 2016 Alamir rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As the title and cover of this book may suggest, Trump re-invents himself here as a hedonist philosopher who conducted cognitive psychology research on billionaires simply via in situ observation.

Unfortunately, much like his current rants during his presidential campaign, there is little structure to this book. By the end, it read as though he was making rapid-fire observations on whatever objects he saw either within the vicinity of his Trump tower desk or outside his Trump tower office window
Steve Cioccolanti
As a Christian, I believe God Thinks Like a Billionnaire, and I wanted some categorical evidence of this. I found it in this book! People at the top of their game think the same in many areas. This is tremendously motivating because you don't have to be a real estate tycoon to benefit from his experience. You can be an artist, musician, pastor or parent, and get something from the mind of a millionaire...or Billionaire.

I like to know who among the most successful people in the world believes in
Jane Night
This book was a disappointment. It really had very little to do with finances. It was rather like Trump decided to ramble on and on about everything from his favorite shampoo to his time on the apprentice.

There were a few gems of wisdom in this book. Trump is a big believer in hiring interior decorators and honestly I would never have thought about hiring one for my personal home. Maybe a business. But, Trump convinced me. Whenever I next move (and can afford it) I think I will give a decorator
Michael
Sep 30, 2012 Michael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a terrible book this was. If this book has "everything you need to know about success, real estate, and life," then I have seriously over complicated these topics. I would categorize this book as entertainment instead of business because it basically describes Trump's lavish lifestyle and neglects any decent business advice. Some of Trump's nuggets of real estate wisdom include, buying trees from peoples yards to put on your property, and making every tiny detail on your property perfe ...more
Helen  Luo
Feb 02, 2016 Helen Luo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Donald Trump's Think Like a Billionaire thoroughly proves that, though he may be a billionaire, he is absolutely incapable of thinking. This book was filled with observations that are either trite and meaningless, or so painfully evident that a five year old would be able to make more profound comments.

Allow me to summarize his world view, as presented by this book.
1) I am in love with me.
2) Everyone is in love with me.
3) If you aren't in love with me, you're not thinking like a billionaire.

Hi
Lain
May 18, 2010 Lain rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit it, I love The Donald and really enjoyed several of his other books. But the advice in this book is so simplistic that it's of little use, and some of it is downright insulting. For instance, on the topic of diet he says one of the five rules of foods on the Mar-A-Lago diet is, "It cannot make you gain weight." Um, duuh!

I wouldn't recommend this book. Read, "The Art of the Deal" or "How to Get Rich" instead.
Ryan Morton
Interesting book on acting like and potentially becoming a billionaire. Most of the book is just gee-whiz kind of material, e.g., a week in Trump's life and lots of discussion about "The Apprentice". The one piece of the book I really enjoyed (and may come back to) is a top 10 list in one of the early chapters.

I listened to the audiobook and it was a quick read/listen with a few useful tidbits. I'm not sure I would have finished the book if I'd had the words-on-paper edition. Yet I now have a mu
Dave
Mar 17, 2008 Dave rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason I gave this book one star was because -2 or -3 was not an option. Hands down the worst book on finances I've ever picked up. Not that the ideas in it were terrible, but it only talks about common sense things that most of us already know. Useless.
Saad Farooq
This is the fifth book by Donald Trump that I have read. I always liked his books because Trump has a very candid style. This book is basically based on the same pattern as his previous books but in this he writes about his recent deals & what is currently going on his life. I was interested in the advice regarding real estate. It turns out that Trump has written consecutive chapters on this topic like how to pick a location, rent an apartment, buying/selling a house, building inspection, de ...more
Kristian
i liked this book a lot because it teaches the reader how to be sucsesfull. also it teaches you about real e state. like how to chose what BUILDING YOU WANT TO BUY. it teaches you how to live the good life when you got money like how to chose your apartment like if there is no view don`t buy the apartment. or if you are selling a apartment with a view always charge more because the better view the more money if theres no view then you lower the price. it also teaches you how to save money in sto ...more
Jess Scott
Oct 26, 2010 Jess Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
[as posted on Amazon.com @ http://www.amazon.com/Trump-Billionai...]

I agree with a lot of what one of the reviewers here said (5 stars, John J. Rinck, February 14, 2005). I for one, greatly enjoyed the succinct and concise chapters. I prefer the book as it is, as compared to if a ghostwriter had written it (with more "flowery" language, which gives the illusion of getting more bang for your buck).

I find it interesting to note also that all the people blasting Mr. Trump and/or his books...well...
★1740 Investments★
The billionaires' club is an exclusive one—in a world of six billion people, fewer than 600 are billionaires. In Think Like a Billionaire, real estate mogul Donald J. Trump shares a few of the characteristics that set billionaires apart from the rest of the crowd.

For example, billionaires seldom do what's conventional or expected of them. Rather, they stay true to their vision, even in the face of criticism and doubt. Interestingly, Donald Trump has only met a handful of his billionaire brethren
Wavycurls
Mar 21, 2016 Wavycurls rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is good in terms of trumps insight on his beliefs and lifestyle of a billionaire.

The last chapters are dedicated to his daily life and Apprentice shows, which I felt while reading a little too tiring but after completing this book , I felt those experience made me feel I was part of trumps daily New York life!
Yves
I picked this first edition hardcover in the local Vancouver General Hospital Thrift Shop for $1.99, an easy buy because I am sure it will be a fun read.
Tony Moze
I would say half of the book is fluff and self promotion, and the other half had some golden nuggets. The apprentice show chapters could have been omitted.
Kristi
Dec 11, 2010 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't have an opinion one way or another about Donald Trump before picking up this book, but after reading it, I'm now an official fan. I enjoyed his matter-of-fact opinions and the authority in which he wrote. He's a man who knows who he is and what he wants and he makes it happen. I enjoy people like that. I loved how his chapters were very short and concise. He's a man who would never waste words just to fill space. I found his weekly itineries fascinating. Very impressed how he can meet w ...more
Anton Klink
I love Trump but his books are making me raise my eyebrows. Overall they seem like they gave a few hours worth of interviews to a ghost writer who then whipped up a book under Trump's name. Obviously the guy knows how to make money and is very good at it, however the advice given in the book is either weird (don't shake people's hands to avoid getting germs?) or just plain old common sense. I haven't read "The Art of the Deal" yet though, that one is supposed to have been written by Trump himsel ...more
Sascha Illyvich
It's a basic book from Trump but one is suggest if you're new to opening up your thought process to bigger things. The lessons are somewhat hidden but if you're looking you'll find them.
Bruce Gleba
Jan 22, 2016 Bruce Gleba rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trump
Typical Trump book - ok but not enough detail to get rich over
Nick
Oct 28, 2011 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
Compared to all the books on success I've read this by far is the most useless. The first third of the book is dedicated to stating the obvious. For example the chapter on how to find a good peice of real estate said "get a broker" followed by the chapter on getting a good interest rate from the bank "you must negotiate." Thanks Trump, I couldn't have figured that out myself.

The remaining two thirds of the book were dedicated to promoting the second season of the Apprentice in a blatant attempt
Schnitzer Ang
A read about Donald Trump life.
Roxanne Reyes
This book is nothing more than constant advertising for the Trump empire and the author several times comes across as conceited and ostentatious. Looks like he leads a wonderful life and when you already achieved success then working 10-15 hour days is a pleasure because he is the boss, and has all the toys you can imagine. Most chapters contain general remarks about achieving success in life, also common sense information about buying/selling homes and a behind the scenes look at filming The Ap ...more
Pat Council
Dec 17, 2015 Pat Council rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and fun to read.
Edstirling
Oct 13, 2008 Edstirling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, these books get you charged UP! I can't read these late at night, 'cause 5 minutes inside the head of The Donald gets me thinking at the speed of business, which is terribly fast. Trump only sleeps 5 hours a night and he makes a phone call EVERY 10 minutes he's awake. I started doing the same thing, for a week, and then I crashed like a blackhawk in Somalia.
Every other person he mentions in the book is a "real dynamo". It's all about movement in business, and Big D knows how to move.
Nicholas
Inspiring book, it's everyone's dream to become rich, but most of us don't know where to start. This book tells you just how to, from a real estate mogul, Donald trump tells you everything you need to know to be become successful. Also tells us the ups and downs he went through to come to where he is. He talks about things like taking risks and what to do with your money. a very well written life lesson and its a terrific first step for you if you're trying to be sucessful.
Edikan Udoh
Apr 12, 2015 Edikan Udoh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You'll know a billionaire when you read off one.
Natalie
Donald Trump is a fascinating personality, and I actually enjoyed this book. There are some interesting and useful bits of knowledge, but I found a lot of his "advice" lacking in necessary details. Mostly, I found the book to be interesting because of its autobiographical nature. Trump has intriguing views on life, and the way that he interacts with people is really enthralling to me. A good read if you want to learn more about Trump as a person.
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Agent
  • Life After Law: Finding Work You Love with the J.D. You Have
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • Investing in Real Estate
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and 2016 Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television s ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...