Start by marking “Thomas' Calculus ” as Want to Read:

Thomas' Calculus

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  211 ratings  ·  18 reviews
there
Hardcover, 11th ed, 1380 pages
Published October 5th 2004 by Addison Wesley Longman (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Thomas' Calculus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas' Calculus

Katie Lynn Fox
I just took my calc 3 final and I'm now officially finished with this book. It's been good, but I'm ready to be done. I've been using it since August 2006.
Joecolelife
Apr 06, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
I just completed the Calc series using Thomas Calculus. In Calc I, the instructor commented that we would use this text and that it wasn't the best or the worst (a VERY safe claim to make). I would agee with that.

I found the instructional text adequate but we experienced several cases where the solution to end-of-section problems was not the technique being covered in the section.

I used the softbound vol 1 & 2. You can save some money if you are taking a semester or two of calculus, but if
Haneen
I spent one year and a half studying from this book and here is the story:

Calculus 1:

SuTuTh 11-11:50 am

Calculus 3:
Fall 2011-2012
SuTuTh 9-9:50 am

The book is great..I enjoyed studying from it "for a while"...chapter 10 and 15 are horrible..but I finished calculus Finally..
Craig
I studied from an earlier version of this book in college in 1980. Loved it then. My prof was Ross Finney (now deceased, like Thomas), at the time a co-author. A great book and a great teacher.
Piotrekjablonski
The best maths book i've ever seen. Perhaps, for some readers it may be too long, but every subject is explained in a very .. hmm... explicit way, which makes it an excellent self-study textbook.
Zarish Fatima
1 year reading this book. it was my first maths book coming in uni. I liked it some of it was foreign to me and always will be because we do not do graphic and computer mathematical problems. But it would have been cool if we did. It is nice book and designed for students early in their professional studies and does not have any complicated symbolization like in other calculus books i went through.
Rajat Sangwan
best book i ever read.....
Nadia
Oct 05, 2007 Nadia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone study calculus
bcos im going to have an exam 4 this paper on 2nd Nov then i've 2 use this book as a reference...i need it now..n going to really need it soon..huhuu..it do help a lot but sumtime quite confusing..but of cos the content of this book that i can say 4 now..it's MARVELLOUS..hehe..only 1 thing that a bit 'lece'..this book is very the berat lah..tebal sgt...nk buka pn susah..huhuuhuu
Haytham Badawey
Used this book for practice and solving problems while learning Mathematica software. It's very dense and extensive book, covers too many details about calculus techniques, theorems, problems, applications, etc.

It's a famous book, and the solution manual is what makes this book unique and interesting.
Jordan
This calculus book is a good introductory book for the Calculus 1 class at SLCC, but once the student has passed into Calculus 2 and above the book is lacking in a great deal of explination and has little more value than a paper weight or kindling.
Muneshmeena
Jan 10, 2011 Muneshmeena is currently reading it
there is no time to think as bein an iitian i hav a lot to read.............so carry on readin n let me read..
Suhu
Buku ini telah membuatku merasa aku bukan lagi diriku. Di saat kamu ingin merasa bego, dianjurkan membaca buku ini.
Anum
A very good guide with excellent excercises for a calculus student.
Nate Ellis
Everything you need to know
Sudeep Sapkota
Sudeep Sapkota marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Armin Asl
Armin Asl is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2015
Abdul Rehman
Abdul Rehman marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Pranav
Pranav marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Pranav
Pranav marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Nirav Patel
Nirav Patel marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
  • Complex Variables and Applications
  • Calculus
  • Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes [With CDROM]
  • Biology: A Course for 'O' Level
  • Calculus, Volume 2: Multi-Variable Calculus and Linear Algebra with Applications
  • The Economics of Public Issues (HarperCollins Series in Economics)
  • Principles of Mathematical Analysis
  • Conceptual Mathematics: A First Introduction To Categories
  • Probability And Statistics For Engineering And The Sciences
  • Biochemistry
  • Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems
George Brinton Thomas, a mathematician who turned a one-year teaching appointment at MIT into a 38-year career and whose well-regarded textbook has been used around the world, died Oct. 31 of natural causes in State College, Pa. He was 92.

Thomas, known as a young teacher for his ability to communicate mathematical concepts, was hired in 1951 by publisher Addison-Wesley to revise their then-standar
More about George B. Thomas Jr....
Calculus and Analytic Geometry Thomas' Calculus Early Transcendentals Calculus and Analytic Geometry: Student Solution Manual (Calculus & Analytic Geometry) Thomas' Calculus: Early Transcendentals Self-study manual for Calculus and analytical geometry (6th edition)