Start by marking “Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)” as Want to Read:
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)

Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow #8)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,285 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Prilla just can't say no. When Nettle asks her to join in on caterpillar sheering for the second day in a row, Prilla tells a little white lie—she prefers butterflies to caterpillars. Then all the butterfly-herding talent fairies come down with a case of fairy pox, and because of her "love of butterflies," Prilla is asked to help out. But butterfly-herding is a lot harder ...more
Published April 24th 2007 by A Stepping Stone Book (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Prilla and the Butterfly Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prilla and the Butterfly Lie

Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
I'll tell you what, lying never solves any problem. In fact, you usually get into more trouble that you would have if you had told the truth. That is what the Disney Fairies book Prilla and the Butterfly Lie is all about.

Prilla has a had time saying "No" to any of her friends. Because she cannot say "No," she ends up telling a lie. Then she has to do something she doesn't want to do because her friends believed the lie. If she had only told Nettle the truth in the first place, she would not hav
Feb 16, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We enjoyed this story from Disney, one of many Disney Fairies Tales of Pixie Hollow books that our oldest daughter found at her school library. I have a feeling we'll be reading more of the same.

This one is about being true to yourself, not letting everyone run all over you, and telling the truth. The lessons were good, the story was fairly funny and the book was a quick read.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Prilla is the only fairy that has her particular talent. All the other fairies are in groups, but Prilla is alone, and that makes her a little insecure. So when other fairies ask her to help in something that they are doing, she always says yes, even though she may not have any ability at all in the particular talent the other fairies are using.

Which is something that backfires when she says she likes butterflies and is willing to help herd them when the butterfly-herding talent fairies become i
Oct 16, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it
Prilla has her own talent. She is the only fairy that can close her eyes and visit the mainland. None of the other fairies see that as very important, and they ask her constantly to help them with their talents. Poor Prilla.

So when she realizes she doesn't like caterpillars, she tells a lie that she likes butterflies. As lies often do, this one comes back to bite her in the butt when all the butterfly wranglers take sick and Queen Clarion thinks Prilla is perfect for the job.

Once again, they sho
Jul 24, 2014 Eveline rated it really liked it
i looove Pixie Hollow!

i love fairy-tales and all of them. And this one, i learnt that i have to be more honestly to the things that i really deeply madly in love with, than the things that i hate most, because the things that we do, the things that we love/don't, it's really matter for us. It's really matter for our life.

Every single thing in fairy-tale story, there's something i can learn from it in different way. Many of people are cynical to the fairy-tale story because it's maybe doesn't to
Jun 20, 2015 Kaytee rated it really liked it
prillas talent was a caterpillar then she wanted to do something else so she lied to her mate that she liked butterfles then all the other butterfli talents were sick so it was up to her then she thoght she killed a butterfle but. it was just playing with her THE END
May 28, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Sweet story about one of my favorite Disney Fairies...I appreciated the lessons, not only about lying, but about friendship and enjoying the differences in one another.
Johnny Bennett
Oct 23, 2014 Johnny Bennett rated it it was ok
As I read these aloud to my kids I find them to be a decent read. This one was the least enjoyable of the books I've read so far.
Bobbi Weiss
Oct 03, 2014 Bobbi Weiss added it
Shelves: childrens
Fun, but essentially I read it as reference for writing Disney's MMO "Pixie Hollow."
Ryan Miller
Jul 24, 2012 Ryan Miller rated it liked it
I didn't expect to like anything about these Disney fairy books. My 5-year-old adores them and has been begging me to read them on my own--not just snippets to her. She sat next to me as I skimmed, asking me if I had reached this or that good part yet. It turns out that these fairy books have something to offer. The writing is solid, the characters are developed and they examine honest consequences to personal decisions without heavy-handedness. Prilla learns to value her own talents and identit ...more
May 14, 2012 an rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya, dunia-rhe-dulu
selalu ada masalah dari setiap kisah dan berakhir dengan penyelesaian na. kali ini kebohongan membawa prillia pada konsekuensi yang harus ditanggung na dengan menggembalakan kupu-kupu. ada apa dengan tabiat kupu-kupu sebenar na bahkan sampai peri bakat mengurus binatang saja sampai tidak menyediakan diri untuk membantu menggembalakan kupu-kupu?

kadang kita memang harus berani menyuarakan apa yang ada di pikiran kita sehingga kita tidak terlibat dari satu kebohongan ke kebohongan berikut na yang t
Shelby Ward
Apr 29, 2014 Shelby Ward rated it really liked it
Very cute book.
Shannon McGee
Jun 29, 2008 Shannon McGee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children of all Ages
Shelves: faeries
This one was cute. I Prilla is she a fairy with the talent of blinking to the clumsies (humans) mainland and playing with child. This talent keeps the fairies alive because it keeps the belief of fairies alive. I wish there was a little more of her using her talent because I think it cute when she plays with the kids. It had a pretty good lesson at the end too.
Oct 30, 2012 Dyah rated it liked it
Prilla is a cute fairy who cannot say no to others... she ends up lying saying she likes butterflies when she actually is not. Later she learns that butterflies like to play prank on everyone... and she is now their primary target.

Well, I do like butterflies, so I enjoy reading this book and look at the illustrations of beautiful butterflies :D
Apr 10, 2012 Mindy rated it really liked it
Another charming and engaging fairy story that my daughter and I read together! We enjoyed it immensely. Beautiful artwork inside and a great lesson on honesty for the young reader. This darling fantasy story is sure to exceed your expectations with captivating descriptions, as well as a fabulous lesson on telling the truth!
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it liked it
prilla lie's to get out of caterpillar sheering by saying she prefers butterfly herding. so when they ask for her help, she discovers the butterflies keep playing tricks on her and she doesn't like it. she fesses up to queen clarion and tells her the truth.
Apr 15, 2010 Jordanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney-faires
Prilla is often helping other talents with their work. Then not wanting to hurt a friends feelings she tells a little lie. Seems the butterflies are playing pranks on her.
Nov 02, 2012 Paige rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2
This book has the same idea of a bad case of stripes. Don't be afraid to say no or be like other people. you are fine just the you are. I rate this book 3 stars.
Feb 18, 2010 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this collection of books, very sweet and entertaining.
This is about prilla and a butterfly lie, clues in the name ;)
Leena (semi-hiatus)
These books are short but I love them ! Being carried away to pixie hollow for an hour is enjoyable every once in a while :)
Aug 17, 2010 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
it was all about lying and butterflies. it was very very good. I learned not to lie - Auryn (7 years old)
Nov 26, 2008 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 6 to 9 year old
Shelves: fairy-tales
I very much enjoyed reading this book. Once again wonderful colored pictures.
Feb 15, 2009 Misty rated it really liked it
Very cute book. Perfect for little girls. We'll get the others, I'm sure.
Feb 21, 2008 Courtney rated it liked it
Not my fave of the series... it was a little weak, but I think Syd liked it!
Maria Soraya
huhuhu .. buku adek gw niyy ... boleh juga jadi teman tiduuur
Aug 15, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Moral of the story: don't lie, it only creates more problems.
Holly Beely
Nov 08, 2012 Holly Beely rated it liked it
Shelves: kaitey-s-reads
Another fairy chapter book that my daughter really enjoyed reading.
Jan 11, 2009 Annie added it
I am looking forward to read this!!!!!!!
Liz Lovesrainbows
Jul 17, 2011 Liz Lovesrainbows rated it it was amazing
I do believe in fairies I do believe in fairies!!
May 17, 2009 Annie rated it really liked it
Took me about 10 minutes to read. =D
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land (Disney Fairies #3)

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)