Start by marking “Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway ” as Want to Read:
Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway

Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway (Meg Duncan #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 1967 by Whitman

To ask other readers questions about Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway

KDawn
Great book to get kiddos started in mystery reading. Only 12 chapters...although, it's out of print. You'd have to order it from Amazon resellers or similar. Still, worth it! Very cute. Meg is a 12 year old detective and with the help of her best friend Kerry, she helps solve local mysteries. The first book in the series is "Meg and the case of the Disappearing Diamonds." I enjoyed them all as a kid, but "The Witch's Stairway" is by far my favorite.
Twyla
Gee I wonder what the secret is? clue one: there's some missing family silver. Clue two: there's a stairway that is rumoured to have some secret about it ... Hmmm ... Maybe they weren't so good at math back then and couldn't put one and one together. Or maybe I'm just a cynical jerk. Was this at the beginning of the downfall of children's literature? Was this written by a Nancy Drew author?
I'll leave the review open for my daughter to do.
Jill
I like this Meg series, but as far as I know, there were only 6 books. What a shame. But there are just so many books/series out there for competition, I think this one just didn't make it into the mainstream.
M
It's been quite a while since I read this book, but I remember enjoying reading it. I wish I could remember her Siamese cat's name.
Stacy
I read all of the Meg books when I was a child. I really enjoyed reading one again with my daughter!
Megan Cullen
I read this books as a kid and really enjoyted them. (Partly because my name is Megan.)
Megan
Not first reading (date below)
June 3, 1995
June 2001
June 14, 2003
I Noyes
I Noyes marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
David Campbell
David Campbell marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Buddy Olson
Buddy Olson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Karen Jakubowski
Karen Jakubowski marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Camsshel
Camsshel marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Meg Duncan (6 books)
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds
  • Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave
  • Meg and the Ghost of Hidden Springs
  • Meg and the Treasure Nobody Saw
  • Meg and the Mystery in Williamsburg
Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds Meg and the Mystery in Williamsburg Meg and the Ghost of Hidden Springs Meg and the Treasure Nobody Saw Meg And The Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave