Start by marking “The Anthology Project (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
The Anthology Project (Volume 1)

The Anthology Project (Volume 1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
239 pages
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Anthology Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anthology Project

Sardonyx
May 17, 2011 Sardonyx rated it liked it
Some of the stories were cute as well as the art. However I found that there were many stories for which the size of the book shrank the artwork so much that I had trouble distinguishing anything.
Miz Moffatt
Apr 27, 2012 Miz Moffatt rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian, fantasy, comics
Full review posted on Across the Litoverse

The Anthology Project has a simple mandate: to collect comics from artists who pursue compelling narratives and have published notable works in sequential arts. In short, "[i]ts humble intent is only to delight"—and I assure you, the book delights on numerous levels. I have a soft spot for comic collections and literary journals for their variance and their promise of new talent to discover. And, for the first time in quite a few years, I've found an ant
Kaotickitten Box
Feb 24, 2015 Kaotickitten Box rated it liked it
Some stories were well thought out, others felt forced like they had an ideal but no place to stand with it. Wish by Joy Ang, The Unicorn by Christopher Ryzebol special thanks Tom Rhodes, and Mr.Dung and Beetle by Darren Rawlings, were my favorites out of all the stories. Those three could stand alone and have their own books in my opinion.
Lindsay Nichols
The artwork is beautiful...some of the tales are downright awesome. This is something I'd like to see in a larger format, to get really in depth with the pictures. I felt like I was missing out on some of the stories simply because I couldn't see all the details clearly.
SA
Dec 21, 2015 SA rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
Beautiful and varied artwork from many talented creators. The tagline says these stories are meant to delight the reader, but a number of them were just fucking sad.
J
Jan 22, 2016 J rated it really liked it
Some of the little comics are really nice and funny but some of them do not MAKE sense at all.
Joseph Young
Feb 09, 2016 Joseph Young rated it liked it
An interesting mix of graphic artist styles. Many of the stories don't use much words but rely on the art to tell the story. There is a little discrepancy in consistency of moods if you read the stories back to back.
Kimmie
Mar 05, 2012 Kimmie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: artists, comic artists
Shelves: graphic-novels
I fell in love with the cover at the comic book store and greedily bought both volumes. The art is gorgeous and the storytelling is nothing to sneeze at either.

As a...hobby artist, I found this inspirational and so well done. I will pour over it again and again.
Angie
Feb 20, 2013 Angie rated it liked it
I think I liked volume 2 (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...), which I read first, much better. This one was very surreal and very bleak.
Kirsty
Oct 02, 2011 Kirsty rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved Joy Ang's 'Wish' – the text is funny and the artwork is gorgeous. The rest, I'm sorry to say, were either boring or impossible to follow.
JD
May 17, 2010 JD rated it it was amazing
The artwork in The Anthology Project is to be admired! I can't wait for the next one!
Sarah Schanze
An interesting collection of art and stories, though only a few really stand out to me.
Pamela
Jun 03, 2010 Pamela rated it really liked it
What really makes me enjoy reading this book is it's artwork
Zanne
Jul 03, 2012 Zanne rated it really liked it
24.99
Pete
Pete rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Cek  virabey
Cek virabey marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Andreea
Andreea rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Simon Lindenthaler
Simon Lindenthaler rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
B.
B. added it
Feb 15, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 22, 2016
David Sprague
David Sprague rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Jessica Harvie
Jessica Harvie rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Gm
Gm rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Florie
Florie marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
silvercircuit
silvercircuit marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Rosa
Rosa marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Ellis Hawthorne
Ellis Hawthorne rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015