Start by marking “Margaret's Rematch” as Want to Read:
Margaret's Rematch

Margaret's Rematch

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
After the loss of her sister, Margaret Fairfax settles at Northbrook Hall – the country estate of her brother-in-law, Mr. Westfield, whose dislike of her is legendary. There she faces a major challenge of reconciling their many differences and proving to him that despite the rumours of schemes and scandals that followed her from London, she is worthy of his regard and affe ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 28th 2010 by Girlebooks.com (first published March 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Margaret's Rematch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margaret's Rematch

Jaimey
4.2 of 5 stars

Margaret's Rematch is a delightful Regency romp that reminds me greatly of Jane Austen's style of writing. I was amused throughout and at times, laughed outright at a description or two that were just too perfect in their delivery. Farida Mastek definitely has a knack for an Austenesque way of telling a story.

This is a totally CLEAN romance. I would definitely recommend this to any and all who enjoy Jane Austen.

**Disclaimer: I received this eBook from the author for the purpose of
Lady Wesley
Jan 06, 2012 Lady Wesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lendable
This charming little story is amazingly well-done -- somewhat in an Austenesque style -- especially considering that the author is Ukrainian. I hope she tries more Regencies.
Fanny
Nov 23, 2012 Fanny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, english, romance
This book is supposed to look like an Austen book... and it does. It is a bit too "simple", not enough sarcastic and a touch too modern, but that's really not many defaults compared to its quality. It was really an enjoyable read and I will certainly read it again later.
Laura McDonald
Aug 29, 2010 Laura McDonald rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely little Austen-inspired book. It's short and sweet and just what I needed to remedy my reading fatigue after David Copperfield!
Bree (AnotherLookBook)
An attempt at Austen-like style and plotting. The language was close enough--although repetitive, more convoluted than necessary, and sorely in need of proof reading--but to me it fell short of an even bigger mark. A novel of manners needs humor or at the very least wit, or else it approaches tedium rather than entertainment. For instance, my mind wandered so much during the novel's "climax," I realized I missed the much-anticipated proposal. Oops.

Still, it's achieved the mark of being published
Driima
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Lisa McBrien
Lisa McBrien rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Elsbeth
Elsbeth marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
JANET
JANET rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2014
Wanda Luce
Wanda Luce rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Dani
Dani rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2012
Kelly_Instalove
Kelly_Instalove rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Gina1230
Gina1230 marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2011
Gaa-chan
Gaa-chan marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2011
Lyn
Lyn rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2010
Inspired Kathy
Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2010
Megan
Megan added it
May 14, 2010
My name is Farida Mestek. My native language is Russian but I prefer to write in English. I also teach English. I love reading, writing, drawing and watching and re-watching my favourite TV-shows. I also love animals, especially the talking ones.

I write books set either in Regency England or in the fantasy world of my own creation. With time I hope to venture into Victorian and Edwardian eras too,
More about Farida Mestek...