Handcuffs and Glory Holes (Rawlings Men, #2)

Handcuffs and Glory Holes (Rawlings Men #2)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  516 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Police Sergeant Conrad Rawlings likes glory holes. As a dominant who’s never learned how to feel casual about even the most fleeting hook up, he’s learned to cherish the complete anonymity they provide. Still, when he hears a cubicle door open as he leaves the back room of a club, he can’t quite help looking over his shoulder.

Submissive Willis Evans doesn’t know why his ma...more
Published July 7th 2010 by Resplendence Publishing

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
107th out of 562 books — 779 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
231st out of 541 books — 809 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
I really liked this story, even more than the first volume in this series. The deep understanding of and insight into a D/s relationship is present in both books, but what this one added was the actual emotion both characters felt, as well as their motivations.

Willis has been treated about as badly as is possible by the man who called himself his master. He can't believe his luck when Conrad takes him home and sets out to teach him about a different kind of D/s relationship.

Conrad takes so much...more
JenMcJ
LOL. I love this title.

Okay. So everyone knows how much I love Kim's stuff. It's an autobuy for me (assuming it's m/m) and I am predisposed to love them. Even her three star reads are better than most other 4 star reads because I expect more from her while paradoxically being easier on her at the same time.

So....okay, On the one hand I love how much Conrad is able to see in Willis. Conrad wants to reach out and get him off the streets or into whatever program he can find when he is ready to ac...more
Beck
It was Kim Dare so of course I liked it ... BUT ... if I'm ever in Wales, I'll be tracking the bitch down; tying her to her computer; and demanding she write more about some of the characters I didn't get to spend enough time with ... just sayin' ...
Jason Huffman-black
Kim described the mindset of an abused submissive perfectly in this book. I felt connected with Willis as he struggled with his self esteem and the difficulty of accepting that he was important for anything other than sex. I'm so thrilled that Willis found his safe place. :)
JR
I really liked this one - kinda gives a guy hope that there is someone out there for everyone no matter who or what You are. unfortunately a lot of gay guys find themselves with this same feeling of "this is all i'm worth" so showing things can be different again gives a person hope. opposites attract is what comes to mind with the characters - nothing fancy but another great read.
Phaney
2012 Review:

Aww, so lovely.

I have a soft spot for stories about abused waifs. Well, when they’re done right. And boy, this author does them wonderfully. Like in Duck! or that vampire sleeping beauty story I read recently (With a Kiss). And this. So very much this.
Poor Willis had been so messed with that he had no sense of normalcy at all.

I wish this had been a much, much longer story. Hell, it’d have made a wonderful full-length novel. But! Even as brief as it was, it made me happy and sappy and...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Oct 18, 2011 ♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: Kyreadinggirl
With a title including Handcuffs and gloryholes, how can I resist? The easy answer ~ I didn't. This story takes us to the Rawlings men. How many cousins, brothers, etc are there with the Rawlings men? How is it that there are only men in this family? Most of them are gay too. I guess that goes to show, DNA breeds true?

Regardless, this very short story involved an abused Willis and a lovely Dom Conrad Rawlings. This story was sweet and the sex did start out with a lovely cock sucking at a gloryho...more
Sandra
Why does this book have to have such a ridiculous name? Surprisingly, this turned out to be a really sweet little story. It follows Willis, an abused and mistreated sub who needs to learn what it it is to be in a true D/s relationship, and Conrad, a kind police Sergent who wants to take care of him. Willis's character could have been really annoying, but instead he came across as a broken child who needed someone to treat him right for once in his life. His total misunderstandings and self-apath...more
Brooke
2.3 ish? I just did not like Willis and the Dom was not very toppy at all.
Mandi
Really enjoyed this one (like basically everything else I've read from this author!). The damaged sub and gentle dom totally won me over. My only complaint? I wish it was longer!

I'm definitely looking forward to more in this series.
Chris
Very good sweet'n'kinky short m/m romance about a mistreated sub who's used to being pimped out and doesn't dare believe that things can be different.
Nene
Jul 21, 2010 Nene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I wanted more from this story! There was so much more that could have been told! It had a great premise, but it needed more...
Elisa Ramblings
More or less all Kim Dare’s stories are nice and romantic, but some of them are really good, above all, I noticed, when the main character is young and pretty and in need of a protector by his side.

Willis is a submissive is supposed Dominant is hustling out to strangers in the glory holes (those strategically positioned holes in the back room of seedy night clubs). Willis has agreed to that for two reasons, one wrong and one right: the wrong one is that he thinks he has to do everything his Dom...more
Kimberly
My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Sergeant Conrad Rawlings is a fan of glory holes. The complete anonymity is a sort of safety net, allowing him to have a casual hookup. One night, however, he gets to see the man on the other side of the cubicle. And his whole life changes.

Willis Evans knows better than to question his master, so when he’s ordered to let the man he was told to give a blow job see his face, he does so. Then he discovers that...more
Mar 28, 2013 Laura marked it as to-read

Submissive Willis Evans doesn’t know why his master ordered him to make sure the stranger from the glory hole sees his face before he leaves the club, but he knows the pri

Athene Lipsanos
I liked the story but wish the characters were fleshed out more and the story was longer.

Jimmy Hanson
I very much liked both Conrad, and Willis. If there was ever a novel that I wished sincerely was longer and more in-depth, it would be this one. The whole story - the *true* story, I felt - was left unsaid. Willis' recovery from obvious and continuous abuse, and Conrad's methods and kindness and love in showing him exactly what d/s is supposed to be between those that care for one another, would have made for a fantastic full-length novel that I know Kim Dare would have been able to deliver with...more
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
This was a nice installment in the “Handcuffs” series. I enjoy reading stories where one MC can help heal the other MC in some form or fashion. Willis had been severely mistreated by a former Dom (pimp) and Conrad comes along to show him that he never really knew what it meant to submit to a “true” Dom. Short and sweet!
Merith
While not a big 'gloryhole' fan, this story has appeal. The second in the Rawlings Men series, it tells of another Rawlings officer of the peace finding what he didn't know he was looking for. Conrad is sweet and caring, and exactly what Willis needs after his treatment in the hands of his (not) master.
Lakeisha
Same with this one in the series. I appreciated it a bit more because we see the characters more developed. The confusion of Conrad, the misunderstanding because of how Willis was treated by his former "master" and the attraction each held for the other was sweet. In its entirety the story was great.
Matthew
I really liked Willis as a character and I liked how Conrad coaxed him out of his shell, somewhat... but I do not think the relationship was developed enough and there wasn't much intensity.

Really, I think the story was too short.
Adara
I didn't quite like this one as much as I liked the first one. And I still have the same problem of right about the time I wanted the story to continue is when it ended. But it was still a decent read.
Izzah Sanox
I liked this better than the first.
In this one I really felt more attached to the characters
and my heart went out to Willis,
i feel so sad for him and I'm glad Conrad is there now <3
❂ Endless
I'm going to count this as an incomplete novel and Kim definitely needs to finish it...

It's absolutely not fair to have left it where the author decided to end this book...
Meri
My only complaint is that the story was just too short! I would gladly pay more for a few more chapters to see how Conrad and Willis evolve together.
Ayanna
May 23, 2013 Ayanna marked it as maybe-later
Glory holes never really made much sense to me. What if there's some psycho on the other side who cuts your dick off?

Maybe I'm just too paranoid...
Eri
Apr 04, 2011 Eri marked it as wishlist
This is possibly the best title for a book ever, right up there with The Mating, Satan Was a Lesbian, or The Duck Shack Agreement.
Tj
A good read, a little short but it does a good job showing a true submissive finding love:)
Barb Gilmour
I am loving this series!!! So far I am wanting more of both couples from the first 2 books.
Lily

This story was enjoyable although I wish it had been longer.
  • Ratchet (Deviations, #2.5)
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Balls & Chain  (Handcuffs and Lace, #24)
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Word on a Wing
  • Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • New Leather
  • Bound and Determined
Kim is a thirty year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably always wi...more
More about Kim Dare...
Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) The Mark of an Alpha (Pack Discipline, #1) Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions, #1) With a Kiss Ellery's Duty (Thrown to the Lions, #3)