Start by marking “Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)” as Want to Read:
Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)

Bite Marks (Jaz Parks #6)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  3,656 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
Jaz Parks here. But I'm not alone. I'm hearing voices in my head - and they're not mine.

The problem, or maybe the solution, is work. And the job's a stinker this time -- killing the gnomes that are threatening to topple NASA's Australian-based space complex. Yeah, I know. Vayl and I should still be able to kick this one in our sleep. Except that Hell has thrown up a demon
Published (first published October 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bite Marks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bite Marks

AH
3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 just because....

There are gnomes in this book! Not those cute little gnomes you may see in your grandmother’s garden or in those travel ads, but meat-eating, nasty, larvae sprouting, musically-challenged gnomes. These gnomes have plans: they want to take over NASA’s Canberra Deep Space Complex.

This installment of the Jaz Parks series finds Jaz and her crew down under in Australia. Getting a crew that consists of an assassin, a sniper, a vampire, a seer, a gadgets guy,
The Flooze
I keep reading these books...and yet I've only really enjoyed one installment. What is it that keeps me going?

I suppose it's the handful of moments toward the end of each that show what Rardin is capable of accomplishing. There's usually a fight scene or a splattering of gore that's particularly exhilarating.

In this one, the final showdown is entertaining, as is the audacious use of kangaroos. It's exciting, but I saw the resolution coming many, many chapters before, so...eh.

We do get a compel
Natasha
Jul 07, 2009 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Jennifer Rardin’s sixth ‘Jaz Parks’ book. I've been a big fan from book one.
Jasmine (Jaz) Parks is an assassin with the CIA, who works with her handsome Romanian vampire boss, Vayl, to track down supernatural terrorists around the world. Since book one there's been sexual tension between Jaz and Vayl, and this book is all about them finally becoming a couple and trusting each other to rely on one another.
Jaz and the team (Vayl, Cole, Bergman, Cassandra) are back and are in Australia’s
Summer
Yay! The Jaz Parks books are always fun, but I felt like the action was kind of toned down in this installment. I'm glad though that there was much more personal interaction between Vayl and Jaz however. Vayl is quite delicious :)
Stacey
Feb 13, 2010 Stacey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra
Dec 04, 2010 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 6 in the Jaz Parks series, set in of all places, Canberra.

Vayl, Jaz and all the team including Raoul get to come to Australia and get stuck fighting Gnomes to save the Canberra based NASA Space Command Centre.

Jennifer Rardin obviously did a lot of research on Canberra, kangaroos and our Space Command Centre. And only one glaring mistake did I spot, "flaming jerk", which hasn't been used here in at least 60 years, but there were certainly a lot of 'mates' thrown around too, but I'll let tha
Cecilia
Aug 24, 2010 Cecilia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like series, I like urban fantasy and kick-ass heroines, and I've enjoyed the books in this particular series to different degrees so far. At this point, though, it just seems to be spinning its wheels. I've had to force myself to get halfway through this book, and it's taken weeks! (I'm not a slow reader). I'm giving up.
Tracy
Mar 20, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Looking for a turbo-charged actionfest? Want a solid urban fantasy read with a heroine that doesn't make you want to smack her for being stupid or neurotic? Want a fine hunk of a vamp to partner with her? Protect her? Be willing to die for her? Even though she doesn't need him to because she's strong in her own right?

Well then look no further, peeps, because Rardin's Jaz Parks series delivers it all on a silver platter for your reading delight.

If you're unfamiliar with the series then start with
Kt
Mar 17, 2011 Kt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hardcopy
Vayl and Jaz's assignment is of the utmost importance. If they fail, NASA's entire infrastructure will crumble leaving one heck of mess in its wake. The job should have been just another notch in their belts, but when Cassandra's Demon comes out to play things get a little hairy as she is one heck of a force to be reckoned with. Add in some crazy voices in Jaz's head, and you have one heck of bumpy ride that may just lead to disaster for this assassin team. They haven't failed a mission yet, but ...more
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
chucklesthescot
Again this was a better adventure which I was pleased about and the entire team is back together AT LAST which I'd been hoping for. Gnomes in a cult in Australia worship their God on Saturn and are getting annoyed at NASA messing with its rings and decide to destroy the program. The team are sent to investigate so the last thing they need is Jaz being possessed and Cassandra's demon locating her at last.

I so much liked the cult of gnomes story. OK so it sounds a bit dumb but it was a fun idea an
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I forgot how much I like Jaz Parks. She really is a great character and her crew is awesome too. It has been quite a while since I last read one of her books so it took me a bit to remember some of the characters and their circumstance but once I did I was off. Miles is a great character with Robo Kitty invention being hysterical to read about. Jaz's dog is also hysterical as well and avail has some lip quirk moments as well. In between the comedy is the more seriousness of the plot about the gn ...more
aaron
Jul 26, 2009 aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
in this sixth installment of the supernatural mission impossible team led by jaz parks and vampire vayl, they find themselves up at odds as they go into a job that should be a walk in the park. when they get their they realize that the "fun" is just beginning. in order to stop a pack of religiously fanatic gnomes jaz and team head to australia in order to scope out and eliminate their targets. along the way jaz finds out she has a familiar tag-along who has plans of his own. they also have to fa ...more
Rachel C.
This was an enjoyable read, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the others in the series. (view spoiler) I will say I did laugh really hard at times, but I didn't really find the villains that convincing in this one... maybe it's because they were skewed by Jaz's awesome, but slightly odd view? Still, I enjoyed the read and look forward to picking up the next installment.
Valorie
Oct 28, 2009 Valorie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's another fabulous Jaz Parks saga!!!! I loved it!!! Please do yourself a favor and read this book now!!! As usual it was smart, funny, witty, and adventurous!! It will really make you rethink your feelings about gnomes! Every time I see a garden gnome now I get the willies!!!
Karissa
Dec 30, 2010 Karissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 6th book in the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. The 7th book "Bitten in Two" will be out in 2010. Last I read there are 8 books planned for this series. This was another great book; tons of action and humor.

Amy A
Jan 02, 2012 Amy A rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaz-parks-series
Bite Marks is probably a little weaker than the previous two installments. The whole team is back together again and this time they are headed to Australia to help NASA from being taken over by Gnomes. Besides NASA our group is also dealing with the reemergence of Cassandra's demon (the one who helped her out of servitude all those centuries ago) and Jaz's mind being taken over by voices (King Brude).

For me, there was just too much going on here. And the events take place only over the course of
Malin
May 23, 2010 Malin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine "Jaz" Parks is an assassin working for a special branch of the CIA. Bite Marks is the sixth book of Jennifer Rardin's paranormal fantasy series. In this book, Jaz finds herself in Australia. With her is her boss (and lover), the centuries-old vampire Vayl; her nerdy and brilliant former college roomate Bergman, who creates marvellous gadgets for her and her team; the ex-PI turned CIA-sniper Cole (who used to have a crush on her); and Cassandra, the gorgeous centuries-old seeress and form ...more
Ellz Readz
Jan 28, 2010 Ellz Readz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thoughts...I am a series reader. Picking up a book from a series is like having lunch with an old friend or (wiggles eyebrows) an old flame. In true Jaz Parks style, Jennifer Rardin does not disappoint with the sixth installment in this action packed series.

Jaz and her team find themselves trying to save the Space Program. She also finds herself with some extra company who makes their mission even more difficult. All of my favorites are around to take part in the action including Cole, Cassa
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Jan 17, 2012 Charlotte (Buried in Books) rated it really liked it
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Jaz & Vayl’s steamy vacation on his private island (BTW- I want, I want!) is cut short when Pete asks them to travel to Australia and stop a group of gnomes from wreaking havoc on and ultimately taking out the Canberra Deep Space Complex. With the whole team back together they head to their safe house but then come under attack by the demon Kyphas, who has a contract for Cassandra’s soul. Raoul arrives to help out with his demon fighting weaponry and with Bergman’s latest invention, a cute b ...more
Khalia Hades
May 17, 2011 Khalia Hades rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Jaz and crew are assigned to a mission in which some gnomes are trying to take out the Australian based NASA complex. Not a straight-forward mission in and of itself. Things get even more complicated when Jaz discovers she's been possessed by King Brude, Lucifer's assassin. Then when they arrive in Australia they find out the demon Cassandra has been fleeing from has finally found her. To add to this mess Cole is set on petting a kangaroo and Bergman has created a new robo-kitty called Astral th ...more
Larissa
Nov 15, 2009 Larissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series Rating: 4 out of 5 starts!
This is a Series Review:

A kick-ass heroine, a hot vampire boss, quirky and fun sidekicks and a lot of action and adventure… What else can you ask of an Urban Fantasy series? The Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin definitely has all that and so much more.

Jaz is an assassin’s assistant for the CIA. She works for Vayl, a Vampire who was killed by his Vampire wife almost 300 years ago. From the start we get to see that they have a great working relationship that has
Dorri
Jul 24, 2009 Dorri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-urban
Picking up where book 5 left off, Jaz and Vayl's vacation gets cut short when Pete sends them out to deal with a threat against a NASA space complex in Australia. Apparently the Gnomes religious leaders have concocted a plan to infiltrate the complex and cause problems to ensure the privacy of their god, Ufran, who lives on one of the rings of Saturn. Unfortunately for Jaz and company, their cover as an American film production company gets put to the test when the demon Cassandra made her deal ...more
The BookWhisperer
Jennifer Rardin never disappoints and always leaves me craving more. In each new novel Rardin creates an intricate web of smaller stories that all mesh perfectly in the end to create all of the awesome Jaz Parks stories. After all of the major movements in the last book, this was what I call a turnaround book. The last book wrapped a lot of things up, so to continue this series this book consisted of several changes. Vahl and Jasamine are making quite the romance; the rendezvous are also short a ...more
Darcy
Nov 11, 2009 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, uf, vampires
Jaz and company are back with another adventure. I loved this book because the whole crew was back!! The just seem like such a dysfunctional family, and I love how they all give each other so much crap!! Although the mysterious bad guy was pretty easy to figure out, I still thought the book was great as Jaz really had to confront some hard issues in her life.

Seeing Jaz deal with all of her inner voices was cracking me up, especially seeing as how one of those was a possession for the last job. A
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Really good follow up to the the 5th book and as always I love Vayl and Jaz but I agree with another reviewer when she said - Enough already, Vayl loves you - learn to deal.

However, Jaz's insecurities came to the forefront but I definitely think she is growing as a character and learning how to be more comfortable in her own skin. Vayl has his own hidden depths and I definitely want to learn more about this new ability that Jaz has that links the two of them.

Cole, Miles and Cassandra also make
Morgan
I can't say enough good about this series. This book brought back all of my favorites to the team and even added a new member--Astral the Robokitty! Oh and there was a demon. Not sure what they are going to do with Kyphas in #7.

It was great to see all these threads coming from earlier in the series to add to the plot of this book (and so much more to be added to the continuing plot thread that I can't wait to see what happens).

I was so happy to see Cassandra and Bergman again that it was like
Shelley
Aug 02, 2010 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot Summary: Jaz and Vayl's vacation is cut short when Pete sends them out to deal with a threat against a NASA space complex in Australia. Gnomes have concocted a plan to infiltrate the complex and cause problems to ensure the privacy of their god, Ufran, who lives on one of the rings of Saturn. While in Australia, Kyphas, the demon Cassandra made her deal with, has finally found her and come to collect on the debt. And as if killing gnomes, assassinating gnome larvae carriers, and battling de ...more
Vannessa
I really enjoyed this book. It has been a while since I read one from this series, but it was easy enough to pick up and carry on with. In this one Jaz and her team have to save an Australian NASA base from being destroyed by baby gnomes, evil nasty, will eat anything in their paths kind of baby gnomes!

At the same time they have to deal with Kyphas, a demon, who is determine to take Cassandra as part of a deal made before. There's no way Jaz is letting one of team be taken by the demon and lots
  • Wait for Dusk (Dark Days, #5)
  • Death Blows (The Bloodhound Files, #2)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • ReVamped (Void City, #2)
  • Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2)
  • Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • Left for Undead (Crimson Moon, #6)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Matters Of The Blood (Blood Lines #1)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • Darker Angels (The Black Sun's Daughter, #2)
  • Stakes & Stilettos (Immortality Bites, #4)
I’ve spent all my life in the Midwest, which has certainly shaped my perspective on all kinds of issues, from the question of whether or not we really have an accent, to the many and varied uses of corn.

I was born in Evansville, Indiana on April 28, 1965. Mom tells me almost every year what crappy weather it was that day. However I like to think of my birthday as the first frost-free date for my p
More about Jennifer Rardin...

Jaz Parks (8 books)
  • Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)

“Besides my professional goals, I have a couple of private ones, my man. One of those is to pet a kangaroo before I leave Australia. I understand there's lots of Eastern Grays around this area. What do you say? Are you in?'
Bergman looked at him like he'd just made the worst financial investment of his life. 'Kangaroos are wild animals. I've heard they claw like girl fighters and kick like jackhammers. You're going to get your skull crushed.'
Cole held up a finger. 'Or I'm going to pet a kangaroo. How cool would that be?”
36 likes
“Seriously?"
I shrugged. "He can't suspect much if every time we're alone instead of talking I have my way with him." Cole shook his head. "You don't think it'll work?" I asked.
He rolled his eyes. "Vayl might be a vampire, but he's also a guy. Who's about to be deliriously happy. Good God, if you work this right, he won't even be mad if finds out because of the way you decided to hide it from him.”
19 likes