Start by marking “Worldbinder (Runelords, #6)” as Want to Read:
Worldbinder (Runelords, #6)

Worldbinder (The Runelords #6)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  1,954 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Fallion and Jaz are living as fugitives in their own kingdom, now secretly controlled by evil supernatural beings. Fallion seems destined to heal the world and feels the calling to act, but when he summons his powers, two worlds collapse into one.
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Worldbinder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worldbinder

Joe Moley
What used to be one of my favorite series and one that I waited impatiently each year for a new release from has degenerated in an amorphous blob of unreadable text. In fact, until a random Amazon recommendation, I was blissfully unaware that I had in fact missed 2 recent installments entirely. After much trepidation, I opted to add them to my “to read” list and downloaded the first one I had missed on my Kindle.

I originally prided Farland for his unique (in my mind at least) system of magic as
Andrew Obrigewitsch
Better than the last one, it's not the best book ever written, but is entertaining fantasy, that's better than some books I hear a lot more about.
Phil
This new addition to the Runelord series seems like kind of a rehashing of the first part. The only difference now is that everything takes place on a "shadow world", but the same characters and ideas are used. I'm not a huge fan.

On top of that, I feel like the books are fairly disconnected. Each book seems to introduce new monsters and new bad guys and I just don't get the feeling that there is a master plan. I would prefer there to be a clear cut distinction between the different parts of the
Kenneth Hayes Geary
It's a whole new world. Literally. As the title suggest in worldbinder. Fallion is able to bind some of the shadow worlds together. This book shows how well Farland is able to build up a world. It goes beyond the Runelords magic system and adds a whole new magic system and a whole new race (sort of) of enemies. He is able to take the world he created in his earlier books and with mostly new characters allow us to see how generations grow. I see that some of the reviews put him down for having so ...more
Angie
I had a VERY hard time getting into this book. I felt like there were too many new characters, and I didn't care about most of them until they all started to come together. The book didn't seem to move toward anything--I still couldn't tell you what the climax was. All I know is that the book ended in a complete mess, which means I can't give up on the series yet--I can't just leave the mess alone, completely unresolved.

Binding imperfect worlds together to create one perfect world is an interest
Ginn
This one took a lot of effort to get into. The first half is quite slow because many new things have to be introduced, which is fine but not quite what one is expecting in the sixth book of a series. It also seemed that the author didn't put as much effort into the first half as compared to the other books. I enjoyed some of the concepts, such as worldbinding itself, and wings as a thing you can wear, but the most compelling characters I found were not Fallion or Rhianna, as you would expect, bu ...more
Abbe
EDITORIAL REVIEW: **The bestselling epic breaks new ground **After the events of *Sons of the Oak*, Fallion and Jaz, thesons of the great Earth King Gaborn,are living as fugitives in their own kingdom, newly invaded and secretly controlled by supernatural being of ultimate evil.The sonsare hiding until they can regain their rightful places in the land. Fallionseems destined to heal the world, and feels the supernatural calling to act.When he calls on his powers to do so though, two entire worlds ...more
Shannon
What the....? I thought this was the end of the series. First, I heard there were 4 books in this series. Then I find that they continue with the main character's son in book 5. And it just doesn't end. All in all, I liked the original 4 much better than these last 2. After all that time connecting to the original characters, it feels like a bait-and-switch to follow new ones. That said, I like this book better than the previous one. They've taken the lore and given it a twist, so it's not just ...more
Michele
This installment of the Runelords series starts out strangely... I almost didn't feel like I was reading the right book. It seems odd to introduce so many new characters half way into a series, but he manages to bring it together. There is a lot of fighting and darkness in this book, but the end did leave me wanting to find out what happens, so I guess he succeeded in continuing the story.
Margot
This is several books into the series, and I have read so many fantasy series that lose quality as they go. I was feeling this way about the Runelords series, but this book was very good. It turned this series right around for me.

Don't get me wrong...it didn't stink before. But I liked this one quite a lot. Lots of intensity and surprises, along with some very nice word crafting.
Wilfred Berkhof
After the series started to go downhill in book 5 (loved the first 4 books!) it sadly has not gotten any better, maybe even worse in book 6. I find little report with the main characters and the story has become increasingly unrealistic by trying to find bigger and bigger adversaries in each book.

I so hope book 7 will see a return to form for this likeable author.
Chris
I keep thinking about dropping this series (which I almost never do), and then reading the next one. Amazingly perverse and nasty (in a non-sexual way). The cosmology is interesting, but it annoys me how willfully Farland disregards (lack of) resources and the futility he oh so painfully details, in order to keep the story going.
Briar
Jason Lutovsky
As with all "epic fantasy" series, there are characters I adore and characters I don't like so much, but I find that I'm enjoying the way Farland writes his villains. He also manages to change things up enough to not have it feel like just book 6 of a long running series.
Boyd
This one felt like it was a transitional book in the series. Alot of new things happen, new characters, new villians etc... If the follow-up is as good as this one, then the rest of the series will be very good, just like the first 3 books in this series.
Lee Nevo
This one started out pretty slow, however toward the end it really picked up. This was more a development book in my opinion to get you back on the track that was the first 4 books. I am seriously looking forward to the next book in the series.
Jeremiah Hebert
Hated the ending- seems like Farland is stretching a bit, trying to keep his series alive....still, it's a cool concept and I like his writing. Wait for the paperback, but still a worthy read.
Eric Moreno
Amelia
This book was an excellent addition to the Runelord series. It had a lot of unexpected twists and turns. I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
Hanako
liked it better than book 5, am still interested in how the story is going to end up, but still somehow not as good as the first four for me.
Aaron Anderson
Everything got weirder in the series. I still don't dislike it, but I think it slipped from 3.5 to 3 stars.
Jesse
Far and away better than Sons of the Oak. In fact, easily the best book in the entire series thus far.
Marklandman
got a bit weird for me with all the changes and how much more powerful the enemy was.
Melissa
Couldn't even finish it. My advice: read the Runelords up to book 4 and stop there.
Taylor
I did not like the direction that the story went with the combination of worlds.
Ryan
More like ~3.5. A good story, but only more questions and an open ending.
Chris Pacheco
another great chapter in the action packed fantasy epic, by David Farland.
BQ
3.5 stars. A little better than Sons of the Oak.
Benjamin  Dieterle
Love it! Can't stop reading it.
David Wernsing
Book 6 of the Runelords.
  • Darksong Rising (Spellsong Cycle #3)
  • Initiate's Trial (Wars of Light & Shadow #9; Arc 4 - Sword of the Canon, #1)
  • Lord of the Silent Kingdom
  • Servant of a Dark God
  • The Assassin King (Symphony of Ages, #6)
  • Queen of Demons (Lord of the Isles, #2)
David Farland is the author of the bestselling Runelords series, including Chaosbound, The Wyrmling Horde and Worldbinder. He also writes science-fiction as David Wolverton. He won the 1987 Writers of the Future contest, and has been nominated for a Nebula Award and a Hugo Award. Farland also works as a video game designer, and has taught writing seminars around the U.S. and Canada. He lives in Sa ...more
More about David Farland...

The Runelords (9 books)
  • The Sum of All Men (Runelords #1)
  • Brotherhood of the Wolf (Runelords, #2)
  • Wizardborn (Runelords, #3)
  • The Lair of Bones (Runelords, #4)
  • Sons of the Oak (Runelords, #5)
  • The Wyrmling Horde (Runelords, #7)
  • Chaosbound (Runelords, #8)
  • A Tale of Tales (Runelords, #9)
The Sum of All Men (Runelords #1) Brotherhood of the Wolf (Runelords, #2) Wizardborn (Runelords, #3) The Lair of Bones (Runelords, #4) Sons of the Oak (Runelords, #5)