Start by marking “Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale” as Want to Read:
Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale

Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,077 ratings  ·  69 reviews
CHECK IT.

Lamont be my government, but Hood be my name. I earned my stripes chilling up in Fat Daddy's joint, a Brownsville barbershop in the belly of Brooklyn. Some called me a street savior...others said I was just another Brownsville boy gone bad. Whatever. I brung it and I took it too. But when it was all said and done, I walked away with a lesson learned in street l

Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 7th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hood

Christian
I trully adored this book, hated the ending, but that just makes me love it more.. because it doesn't give you the cliche ending that people are use to.
Tamara
Nov 15, 2007 Tamara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
If you ever been to BROWNSVILLE or LIVED in BROWNSVILLE or LIVED in Brooklyn ever in your LIFE! This book is for YOU! Please read its a MUST!
Natalie
After the death of his father Lamont AKA Hood is left at the tender age of 13 to provide and care for not only himself but for his 4 year old brother Moo. His Mother was addicted to that glass dick and there was nothing stopping her from getting it, including her own children. Hood & his little brother Moo soon find themselves sleeping in crack houses, alleys & abandoned cars, eating from trash cans and any handout they could get their hands on.
Fat Daddy, a local barber shop owner and w
Frances
This book had me hooker from the 1st start. The boy Dercko was insane just 12 and his own DAMN mother was afraid of him! He was NASTY boy! Just plain out NASTY. Hood aka MONT him and his brother Moo struggle on the street b/c there Mother was a junkie after there’s father death! There own Aunt didn’t like them!

Fat Daddy, helps the boys out and cleaned them up, No sooner of later Hood became in running drugs from Xan he was the leader of the bunch and Hood had show his loyal from the start! And,
Rene
Even thought tis book was from a guys point of view i till love every second of reading this book. Its a bout a young boy who lost his family at a young ages so he gets into the drug game and meets the one he loves but thats all i say but besudes him this book is twisted. It showes you how sick minded some guys can be but one thing i know fore sure is that it teaches you a life lesson.
Joshay
This book is about a scared boy that has to survie with his little brother. Latter he meets this guy that feels he have a gift for the drug game and latter asked him if he wanted a job. Dreko was his right hand man and was jelous of hum because he had more blocks then him. He was later almost killed by his right hand man.

I love this book it feels like a ture story.
Lindsay Hunter
I'm probably the only person who can say this book made me cry, but Moo made me cry like a baby. I'm too emotional obviously.
Prima Donna
Any book this author touches is a success. I mean it. I loved this book, but I wasn't satisfied with a couple of things. For one I don't like how Hood never actually learned the whole truth. I don't like that Hood never found out just how grimy Dreko got down. Nor did I think Dreko's death was equal, to all the pain he caused other people. His death was WAY to subtle. He made a baby suffer for heavens sake. His death was a freeby for him. And I felt bad for the way Zena's life turned out. I know ...more
Leona Romich
HOOD by Noire

Blinded…

Hood by Noire had me from the very first page. In the beginning of the story we are introduced to eleven-year old Lamont ‘aka’ Hood. Thrown out onto the cold streets of Brownsville, New York with his four-year old little brother, Moo, to fend for themselves.

Seeing an opportunity and not knowing what else to do…he winds up robbing the same crack heads that stuck up one of Xanbar’s boys. Xanbar seeing that LaMont is a soldier, puts him on to run his own crew. Thus, begins the
Lesa Jones
This book had be feeling so sorry for Hood and his brother Moe.

Hood got his name from Xanbar that is a big time drug dealer. Hood got his trust just by proving Xanbar that he can be trusted.

Hood and his brother was homeless due to his mom Marjay was hooked on crack and his aunt and grandma didn't want anything to do with the boys mainly the aunt didn't.

So Hood found other ways to help him and his brother and that lead him to Xanbar and also living in Fat Daddy's shop with his daughter Egypt that
Cheryl
I really liked this book. I would give this book a 4 1/2 stars if I could. I give the ending alone 5 stars. This book makes you think from time to time. I really enjoyed the last few chapters. I like how she wrote the ending.

Hood is a good, loyal kind of guy. Would've love to be his friend. If the story went on, I would've liked it if Hood told Egypt that he was trying to help her why he got knocked and wasn't there for her when she needed him the most. I'm glad he came out of the drug scene and
L.J.
This book is fast paced and plot driven. After the death of his father and mental demise of his mother, a young boy, LaMont uses his street savy to provide for himself and his little brother. With no one else to turn to, he earns his nickname, Hood from the drug dealer he begins to work for. Eventually, the grim reality of street life hardens Hood into a stone cold murderer. And so it goes with the rest of the cast. Hood is ultimately about survival in the unkind streets where madness, a lack of ...more
Sherrall
Noire..Keep doing yo thang..Great book.

Even though I never experienced life as these 2 young fellows did in this book, I felt like I could relate. The hardships that they faced were so surreal. This book gives you the feeling of great compassion for those trying to make in this dog eat dog world. I cried on so many instances during this book. I literally put the book down and wept. Hood is a strong die hard character that anyone would love,why, because he is fearless.In the face of adversity he
J
(FROM JACKET)Lamont "Hood" Mason is a fearless nineteen-year-old gangsta who was born and raised in the projects of Brooklyn, New Yord. He was an abandoned child who roamed the cold city streets and fought hard for survival. The only thing constant in his young life was the safety of a Brownsville barbershop owned by a father figure called Fat Daddy.
The barbershop is where Hood comes of age, but cutting hair isn't the only thing Fat Daddy has going on. His daughter, Egypt, is the love of Hood's
Mel
Noire is a really good storyteller. One of my favorite urban/urban erotic authors. But after let's say, the first three books the stories weren't the same. Hood changed my mind. Hood starts out with Lamont "Hood" and his brother Monroe "Moo" wandering in the freezing cold NY streets. Their mother had a break down after their father was murdered and turned to crack. They have no family to speak of and the few members they have, turned their backs on them. They are taken in by Fat Daddy. Fat Daddy ...more
Charity Perkins
It just takes what happens in everyday life with our young African American culture and put it on paper. This book will make you feel that you can trust no one and sympathize with the main character "Hood"
Junisha
I enjoyed reading this book. I was not born in Brooklyn but I spent most of my childhood here. Around my area, crown heights, there were plenty of young men who were like Hood. They become lost primarily because it is those only means of survival. His case was unfortunate, without his father and his mother being a sexually corrupted woman, hoods only looked for the fastest way out. The babarshop was similar to his safe place. Hoods was frtunate enough to have a safe place to rest at night instea ...more
Bernice
this bbook was very good this dude hood was loyal, dedicated,loved his family real hard,his mother was on drugs and had a mental problem.so i feel like he did the only thing he felt he was able 2 do be a street hustler,his rap game was tight,he found a father fiqure n the only man who ever showed him love big daddy ,he had a daughter whom hood loved she dreamed of being a doctor ,traveling the world and she always encouraged hood to look past his past and plan 4 the futurebut then the whole worl ...more
Rochelle Jones
This book had me hooked from page one. The beginning was sad because its telling how the boys are homeless and thier aunt and thier grandma will not take them in. It was a GREAT book and I would read it again. Lamont has been an thug since he was no more than eleven and he has the responsiblity of taking care of his little brother. It paints a really good picture for anyone who has lived in the Brownsville area in New York. The story takes you through the hood where you get an outlook on life fr ...more
Ty Smith
Pretty good. Crazy story
Bookworm1
This book was super all over the place. The story just got more and more depressing as you read on. If you like disgusting acts of sexual violence and just crazy freaky drama. Then this book is for you! I liked the drama to a certain extent don't get me wrong (I mean that's why we read Noire's genre of books) but I was a little taken aback with how dark and gross some of the scenes were. And after all that I was also hoping for a waaaaay deeper life lesson.
Lola
Absolutely LOVE THIS BOOK! Enjoyed it especially because eroticism was not the only thing portrayed, showing the struggle through Lamont's eyes from his friends betrayal, love and loss: the story shows the highs and lows of an extremely strong young black male who continues to push. Although fictional it is extremely inspirational and encourages you to keep pushing as he did and never give up! MUST READ! Would recommend to ANYONE!
Destiney Jones
I just got done Hood by Noire I really didn't like Dreko the boy was sick in the head his mama should have put him into a mental home because who would leave their baby in a house to burn to Dealth. That's just crazy. I felt he was jealous of Hood because he gave hood mama drugs and turned Egypt out to a addict. But the book was very good and I'm mad Egypt and Hood didn't work out. Must Read.
Erika
I never even been to New York and it felt like I was there. This book had me hooked from beginning to end and I finished it in a day. It really makes you realize that you can not trust anyone. It made me laugh, it made me sad, it made me mad as hell at Drecko. That fool was crazy! It's a trip how some of the characters were so young and out their in these streets like that! Noire done it again!
Erica
I finished this book a week or so ago and must say that Noire is a bad writer. This material is some of the mist intriguing, gut-wrenching stuff I have ever read. The detail and time that is put into developing the characters is outstanding.

This tale of 2 young boys left to fend for themselves on the streets of Harlen was a must read.
Brya Shonyea
Loved this book (read it over 5 times)! It showed just how far jealousy can go. Hood was blind sided by his suppose to be best friend. We saw how Hood's life went from grimy street life with his little brother, to living in the back of fat daddy's shop and being a dope boy. This still continues to be my favorite book!
Jasmine
Mar 18, 2014 Jasmine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody & Their Mamas
Recommended to Jasmine by: My Cousin
Another neck grabbing book by Noire, I absolutely loved it. I finished it in 3 days and I just couldn't put it down. I cried I laughed & got pretty attached to the characters. I wish my cousin forgot I had this book & I owned the copy but she came for the book as soon as I said I was done lol! I deeply enjoyed it.
Jeshua Calvo
Dec 02, 2010 Jeshua Calvo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody interested in a good novel
Recommended to Jeshua by: my cousin
the book is very cool very discriptive i like how the kid never gave up on his dream of being a rapper even though he was a drug dealer and dealing his drugs and how he ended up going to jail because of one of his most trusted boys who betrayed him just to show that he could be number one in the neighbor hood
Glenda
Wowza!! This was a gritty, violent, page turning hot mess that had me sucked right in. I read this book in one day and stayed up past midnight just because I couldn't put it down!! Noire reminds me of Treasure Blue and I love his books so I'm really looking forward to reading more from her!!
hood 1 5 Oct 10, 2013 03:30PM
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • Hood Rat
  • Black: Triple Crown Publications Presents
  • Little Ghetto Girl
  • Black Widow
  • Torn (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Every Thug Needs a Lady (Thug #2)
  • Flip Side of the Game
  • Raunchy
  • Married to the Game
  • The Trophy Wife
  • Dirty Red
Noire is an author from the streets of New York whose hip-hop erotic stories pulsate with urban flavor. She is the #1 Essence bestselling author of G-Spot, Candy Licker, Baby Brother, and Thug-A-Licious, and the editor-in-chief of NOIREMagazine.com. Visit her website at www.asknoire.com or e-mail her at noire@asknoire.com.

(Taken from SimonSays.com-author's publisher)
More about Noire...
G-Spot: An Urban Erotic Tale Candy Licker: An Urban Erotic Tale Thug-A-Licious Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale