Start by marking “Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World” as Want to Read:
Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World

Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  13 reviews
"Blog" is short for "Web log"-an online site with time-dated postings, maintained by one or more posters, that features links and commentary. But that is like saying a car is a means of transportation featuring four wheels. Millions are changing their habits when it comes to information acquisition, and the blogosphere has appeared so suddenly as to surprise even the most ...more
Published January 14th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blog

YoSafBridg
I was only a couple of pages into Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation that's Changing Your World before i found myself being annoyed by Hugh Hewitt's voice (even though i couldn't quite identify what it was~and not his actual voice, mind you, this wasn't an audio book~something just wasn't vibing right). I hadn't heard of Hugh Hewitt before i read this book so i didn't know he was Mr. Conservative Right, but i did slog through the book anway. He sees the blogosphere as part of the "N ...more
David Stewart
Blog chronicles the history of the blogosphere and pushes for its expansion. It argues that we are in the midst of a reformation, a democratization of information, very much like the one caused by the invention of the printing press. Hewitt tells his readers who he believes are the Martin Luthers of our day and warns us to join them or be left behind.

This book shares recent history of American politics and American news agencies to show how they were instrumental in establishing the blogosphere'
Lori Grant
A should-read book for knowledge workers and entrepreneurs on concepts and social trends.
Aaron Pogue
Blog by Hugh Hewitt is an informed, educational, and compelling take on the new prominence of blogs and social media in today's business and politics. Hewitt clearly knows what he's talking about, and he does a remarkable job of weaving together personal experience, real-world examples, and a little bit of extrapolation to make a strong case for everyone to start a blog, and start one now.

That said...Hewitt is also a self-satisfied Neocon (I want to say "blowhard") who takes time to crow about t
Jen
This book was much like blogs themselves--hastily researched and quickly written. When it is a blog, this is ok because you can easily click to the next thing and it didn't cost you a dime. When it is a book, it suggests something about dismal about the publishing world. Any book about blogs was bound to be outdated by the time it was published, so I can forgive Hugh Hewitt that.
Sean Higgins
Not really my genre to begin with, and definitely more dramatic than suits my fancy. I guess technology prophets need to sound alarmist in order to increase the volume of their system alert. Blogs are great, sure. But blogs are not yet "the information reformation that's changing [my:] world."
Wendy
Aug 17, 2007 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bloggers
Although this book has a definite political agenda, it is nevertheless a fascinating look at the "everybody's a journalist" phenomenon.I cited it extensively in a paper I wrote on MARC cataloging of political blogs.
Feb 29, 2008 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to make an impact with their blog.
Shelves: blogging
A great history of blogging and a good view on how blogging can impact the masses. Good ideas on marketing your blog and creating a blog that people want to read.
Seth
Mar 20, 2011 Seth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: blog
Surely outdated now, it was trailblazing in its time for discussing and predicting the power of blogging and the long tail of social media.
Jeff Noble
Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World by Hugh Hewitt (?)
Joseph Daly
As a word Blog is very cool. As a readable book Blog=Boredom. couldn't finish this one.
Alex Mclean
pretty dry read... Only got through the first couple chapters.
Aaron
Nov 30, 2008 Aaron rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, and may god have mercy on your souls
I am now dumber for having tried to read it.
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Haley Davidson
Haley Davidson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Jenn F
Jenn F marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Johan D
Johan D marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Graham Charles turrell
Graham Charles turrell marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Mormon in the White House?: 10 Things Every Conservative Should Know About Mitt Romney In, But Not of: A Guide to Christian Ambition The Happiest Life: Seven Gifts, Seven Givers, and the Secret to Genuine Success If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat: Crushing the Democrats in Every Election and Why Your Life Depends on It The Brief Against Obama: The Rise, Fall & Epic Fail of the Hope & Change Presidency