Start by marking “Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World” as Want to Read:
Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World

Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World

"Blog" is short for "Web log"-an online site with time-dated postings, maintained by one or more posters, that features links and commentary. But that is like saying a car is a means of transportation featuring four wheels. Millions are changing their habits when it comes to information acquisition, and the blogosphere has appeared so suddenly as to surprise even the most ...more
Published January 14th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Blog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blog

YoSafBridg
I was only a couple of pages into Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation that's Changing Your World before i found myself being annoyed by Hugh Hewitt's voice (even though i couldn't quite identify what it was~and not his actual voice, mind you, this wasn't an audio book~something just wasn't vibing right). I hadn't heard of Hugh Hewitt before i read this book so i didn't know he was Mr. Conservative Right, but i did slog through the book anway. He sees the blogosphere as part of the "N ...more
David Stewart
Sep 30, 2014 David Stewart rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Blog chronicles the history of the blogosphere and pushes for its expansion. It argues that we are in the midst of a reformation, a democratization of information, very much like the one caused by the invention of the printing press. Hewitt tells his readers who he believes are the Martin Luthers of our day and warns us to join them or be left behind.

This book shares recent history of American politics and American news agencies to show how they were instrumental in establishing the blogosphere'
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 Lori Grant rated it really liked it
A should-read book for knowledge workers and entrepreneurs on concepts and social trends.
Aaron Pogue
Blog by Hugh Hewitt is an informed, educational, and compelling take on the new prominence of blogs and social media in today's business and politics. Hewitt clearly knows what he's talking about, and he does a remarkable job of weaving together personal experience, real-world examples, and a little bit of extrapolation to make a strong case for everyone to start a blog, and start one now.

That said...Hewitt is also a self-satisfied Neocon (I want to say "blowhard") who takes time to crow about t
Jen
Jul 07, 2010 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was much like blogs themselves--hastily researched and quickly written. When it is a blog, this is ok because you can easily click to the next thing and it didn't cost you a dime. When it is a book, it suggests something about dismal about the publishing world. Any book about blogs was bound to be outdated by the time it was published, so I can forgive Hugh Hewitt that.
Sean Higgins
Mar 19, 2009 Sean Higgins rated it it was ok
Not really my genre to begin with, and definitely more dramatic than suits my fancy. I guess technology prophets need to sound alarmist in order to increase the volume of their system alert. Blogs are great, sure. But blogs are not yet "the information reformation that's changing [my:] world."
Wendy
Aug 17, 2007 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bloggers
Although this book has a definite political agenda, it is nevertheless a fascinating look at the "everybody's a journalist" phenomenon.I cited it extensively in a paper I wrote on MARC cataloging of political blogs.
Dec 27, 2007 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to make an impact with their blog.
Shelves: blogging, 2008
A great history of blogging and a good view on how blogging can impact the masses. Good ideas on marketing your blog and creating a blog that people want to read.
Seth
Mar 20, 2011 Seth rated it liked it
Shelves: blog
Surely outdated now, it was trailblazing in its time for discussing and predicting the power of blogging and the long tail of social media.
Aaron
Oct 29, 2008 Aaron rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, and may god have mercy on your souls
I am now dumber for having tried to read it.
Joseph Daly
Oct 22, 2007 Joseph Daly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a word Blog is very cool. As a readable book Blog=Boredom. couldn't finish this one.
Brittany
Apr 22, 2016 Brittany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed that the book didn't have more practical types on staring a blog and successful blogging.
Alex Mclean
pretty dry read... Only got through the first couple chapters.
Alan
Alan rated it did not like it
May 17, 2012
Mazeman
Mazeman rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
May 06, 2014
Vivian
Vivian rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Vi
Vi rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2013
Aaron Forgue
Aaron Forgue rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2009
Russ
Russ rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2008
Natalie Weber
Natalie Weber rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2009
Linda Franklin
Linda Franklin rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Marcella Veenhuizen korver
Marcella Veenhuizen korver rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2014
Micah Larsen
Micah Larsen rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2008
Randall Yelverton
Randall Yelverton rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2008
David Bunnell
David Bunnell rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2007
Margaret Lozano
Margaret Lozano rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Anatomy of Buzz: How to Create Word of Mouth Marketing
  • Natural Selections: Selfish Altruists, Honest Liars, and Other Realities of Evolution
  • The Case for Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror
  • Life Is a Series of Presentations: Eight Ways to Inspire, Inform, and Influence Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime
  • The Media Equation: How People Treat Computers, Television, and New Media Like Real People and Places
  • 25 Things to Say to the Interviewer, to Get the Job You Want: Being Qualified Isn't Enough
  • Telecosm: How Infinite Bandwidth Will Revolutionize Our World
  • Extraordinary Voyages: Around the World in Eighty Days, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas
  • Alexander the Great and His Time (Dorset Oress Reprints Series)
  • Understanding Islam: An Introduction to the Muslim World
  • The Day Christ Died
  • Cleopatra's Nose: Essays on the Unexpected
  • Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist's Journey with the New Calvinists
  • The Moral Sense
  • 21 Dog Years: Doing Time @ Amazon.com
  • Don't Know Much About the Universe: Everything You Need to Know About Outer Space but Never Learned
  • The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Others: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy