Start by marking “Upper Class” as Want to Read:
Upper Class

Upper Class (Upper Class #1)

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  30 reviews

Welcome to Wellington

Boarding school for society's elite, overachievers, and rich screwups.

No matter who you are, Wellington can be the deepest and most beautiful time of your life, or the loneliest and most difficult. And two new girls are about to find out which it will be for them . . .

Laine Hunt is a Wellington girl by blood: She lives the country club life i

Published February 16th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published May 29th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Upper Class, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upper Class

Kristi
I’m not usually the type of person that likes reading about drama and catty people. Which is probably why I’ve never picked up a book of Gossip Girl or an It Girl Novel, but I always like to expand my reading horizon, so when Caroline asked if I would like to read her series, I quickly accepted. Now that I’m finished with the book, I have to say I’m truly impressed. Not only with the collaboration by three authors, Hobson Brown, Taylor Materne, and of course Caroline Says, but also the intense t ...more
Charlee
May 27, 2013 Charlee rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
This was one of the most annoying books EVER. It has three authors and you can TELL. It's written in the present tense, but third person which can be annoying enough, but isn't a reason to hate the book in itself. Then the authors will randomly jump to first person or switch narrators with no warning or transition, just partway through the chapter they'll go from "Nikki sees" to "Laine thinks" and the two aren't even in the same scene.

The confusing writing might not be so bad if the authors wer
Rachael
Miss Educated is the sequal to The Upper Class. It continues with most of the characters from the first in the series with few new additions, but this time, the main characters are Parker Cole and Chase Dobbs.

There is a classic love triangle between Parker, Chase, and Laine, who is only able to communicate with Chase through email. I would've liked to see Parker and Chase's friendship develop into something more, but I was disappointed.

There is plenty of room at the end of this book for another
Janelle
To be quite frank, I really didn't like this book. The writing style wasn't all that good, and what really bugged me was the not putting an 'and' after the last comma. I think I would have liked the book better if it was centered around Nikki, because Laine didn't seem real to me. She was just a little stuck up bitch, who was only actually a 'real' human with feelings when she was drunk in the very last chapter. The only reason why I finished reading this book was so I could start a new one. To ...more
Ronni
I'm usually very lenient when it comes to reviewing books, but this one really did nothing for me. I'd been excited about it too; the plot seemed intriguing. And it possibly might have been so if the book had centered around Nikki. She's the only character who seemed real to me. Laine was annoying and snotty, and her friends were caricatures. I didn't care for the style of writing either, but that's a personal preference, and hey, these folks are published and I'm not, so maybe they know somethi ...more
Jordin
I didn't think this book was all that great. I mean, Laine was impossible for me to like. I had no sympathy for her ever. I didn't connect to the reading either because the writing was so sporadic. It would jump from one person's point of view to someone else without so much as a page break. Just a new paragraph. Lame. I couldn't understand a lot of stuff because you could clearly tell that there were three authors. I forced myself to read through it. And it was a pretty boring book.
Sep 14, 2007 Laura rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tara
Shelves: alreadyread
I bought this book before I realized it was written for teens. The storyline is semi-interesting. The best thing about the book is the way the authors (there are three) captured the kids' conversation. They seemed pretty real, as well as shallow and mean-spirited.

Not a bad mistake to buy this book, I guess. It got me thorough the last leg of a long American flight.
afshh
Jun 12, 2010 afshh rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one, people with too much spare time
I finished reading it.

What about this book that annoyed me:

1.) the characters (they were all shallow stereotypes that did teenagers all over the world injustice)
2.) the writing style (it was just annoying)
3.) the way the story flowed (it didn't)
4.) how much sense it made sometimes (none)

but other than that... meh.

i just did not enjoy this book.
Kayleigh
I didn't have too high of hopes for this book but I was disappointed when I discovered how slow it moved. I forced myself to hang in there until the end, thinking maybe it got better but when I finished, the book still hadn't moved much. Nothing happened and it was painful to read. Don't read this book, it's a waste of time.
Andrea
This book was literally awful. It didn't flow what so ever, and there was no point. This is the second time I tried reading the book (I only made it to the first chapter the first time), because I figured I would give it another shot. However, after 125 pages, I just couldn't do it anymore. It was just awful.
Becca
Oct 25, 2007 Becca added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
So trashy. Why did every single character have to be involved in drugs and sex? Since when is that realistic? While those are issues that teens have to deal with, not every single teen gets involved. Give teens some credit, they're not so stupid that they have to fall into peer pressure just because it's there!
Rebecca
Jun 20, 2007 Rebecca rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teeny boppers
I'm not planning on reading this, but my boyfriend's friend wrote it so he wanted me to bump up the star level. I think it's like a riskier Sweet Valley High only at private school. Uh, nice summer read if you're really drunk and twelve.
Noura Otaibi
too much slang and i think it's boring novel . It took me 20 days to finish reading it . I tried my best to read but it was too boring for me .
Nicole
This is the absolute WORST book I've EVER read. The word choice is terrible, the plot line is non-existing, and it just doesnt flow!
Lianna
Didn't like this. I lost interest and the characters didn't seem fleshed out or anything. I just didn't get this.
Lacy
Not very challenging. The stereotypes are pretty funny, and the dialogue is probably spot on.
Emily
I got like one chapter in and couldn't do it anymore.
Lola
I'm a little ashamed to admit that I enjoyed this book way more than I should have. I was going through a rough patch at the time, and it was so hilariously bad I couldn't help but love it. I was reading it while sitting with a bunch of my juniorlings in the library, and I couldn't help but read some of the more awful sections out loud. A now inside joke is the line, "The room snickered". It's a very odd mixture of bad fifth grade writing style and every combination of bad teenager behavior ima ...more
Lindsay Heller
I didn't really have high hopes for this book. I do like this sort of thing at times, the 'Gossip Girl's and 'A Lists' and the like, but I have to be in the right sort of mood. The mood I was in when I started was not of that ilk. Still, I wanted something that would be quick while I waited for my holds from the library to come in and I picked this up so that I could clear a space on my shelf. I figured it would follow the same formula as other teen fiction series; hot girl meets hot boy, other ...more
Julie S.
Cliched premise with random conflict and awkward characterization. The writing style had me laughing aloud due to its cheesy weirdness. The last 4 or 5 chapters seemed random and forced with all of that drama. I kept note of some of my favorite quotes that were so bad they were good:

"The sisters used to look so similar they freaked people out. They were variations in B flat, or three sketches someone did of the same girl. Identical sky blue eyes staring without expression from complacent faces.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Two girls who are polar opposites become roommates at boarding school.

How can they survive a year together, especially when the older girls are rooting for one of t
Anna Motteler
Oct 07, 2008 Anna Motteler rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls, from ages 13+
Recommended to Anna by: My librarian
"Laine, a field hockey jock, a perfect match for the school, looks down upon her new roommate for a number of reasons, including her look-at-me attitude. Nikki's loud, loves the attention of the spotlight, and doesn't understand the rules and society of old money -- and thus the school."

Laine is the little innocent field hockey player, who got involved in something she shouldn't have. Nikki, on the other hand, is a obnoxious girl who does whatever she wants. I deff. did NOT like the second chapt
Jessica Krall
Okay girls, there's some intense drama ahead. . . .

Nikki and Laine are two mismatched room mates who are different as can be. Nikki is at boarding school because her parents do not like her friends' influences at home. Laine of course is considered Wellington-material.
But there's a problem. Schuyler is proctor of the dorm. While she may act all sweet and stuff, she has a book known as the Crash Test, a college full of girls that some believe will not make it at Wellington. Now near the end of
Mandy
Don't let the cover fool you, this collaborative YA effort is remarkably well written. One of the best depictions of modern boarding school I have read. The authors do not resort your standard stereotype of rich prep school kids, but instead create a cast of characters that is true to boarding school--kids from different backgrounds with different levels of ambition, placed under a snowglobe together. Unlikely relationships spring up as the characters navigate the rocky teenage emotional landsca ...more
Alex
There wasn't much about this book that I found terribly remarkable. Mostly, I remember a sports team of some sort, an eating disorder storyline, and the fact that the book was written in present tense, which is possibly what intrigued me the most. It will probably be popular among teens who like Gossip Girl and that sort of thing. I'll have to re-read it at some point, though, for the sake of remembering more of it.
Kricket
Nov 10, 2008 Kricket rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: designer chick lit fans
i expected something very similar to "the it-girl" books but found a bit more. the two main characters, at least, were believably multi-faceted. the writing style, though somber and humorless, is a few levels up from series such as the clique and dating game, and there was only a little name-dropping. a solid pick for those looking for a new series about intrigue and filthy rich teens.
Jasmine
I think the books really gets the idea of rich kids who were, as the book states, "screw ups". It really shows just how sneeky rich kids in good schools are. The book talks about how they snuck alcohal and drugs into their school. It also has those scandalous moments that are jaw dropping!
Biz
I'm totally biased regarding this book, and for obvious reasons could NOT put it down.
Teagan

Confusing jumps between characters. Drawn out. Confusing ending.
Claudia Castaño
>.<
Noooo! no me gusta para nada!
  • In Too Deep (The Elite, #2)
  • The Principles of Love (The Principles of Love, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Life as a Poser (The 310, #1)
  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks, #1)
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Those Girls (Jinx, #1)
  • Violet on the Runway (Violet, #1)
  • Braless in Wonderland
  • On the Avenue (The Celebutantes, #1)
  • Fringe Girl (Fringe Girl, #1)
  • Fashionistas (Interns, #1)
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • Fangs and Stilettos
  • Jet Set
  • Silent Echoes
  • Geek Abroad (Geek High, #2)

Upper Class (4 books)
  • Miss Educated (Upper Class, #2)
  • Off Campus (Upper Class, #3)
  • Crash Test (Upper Class, #4)
Miss Educated (Upper Class, #2) Off Campus (Upper Class, #3) Crash Test (Upper Class, #4)