Start by marking “Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1)

Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  1,860 ratings  ·  93 reviews

London society knows the Byrons are "mad, bad, and dangerous" and every bit as fascinating as their poetic non-relation. Join the fun as New York Times bestselling author Tracy Anne Warren presents the first tale of this tempestuous family—famous for scandal and legendary at love . . .

Orphaned beauty Meg Amberley never planned to pose as Lord Cade Byron's fiancée. Caught i

Published (first published February 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by His Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by His Kiss

Dina
Jul 09, 2011 Dina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Beanbag Love
Once again, I have no time to write a full review, so I'll just make some random comments about it...

The storyline was kind of predictable, but Ms. Warren's writing made it engaging enough to keep me reading the book. Plus, Cade and Meg were likable characters, so it was fun to follow the ups and downs in their relationship. They did have a very TSTL moment followed by a Big Misunderstanding near the end of the story, and I wanted to grab them and shake some sense into them, but I still cared fo
Catherine
This wasn't a bad book, but I wasn't really wowed by it either. My favorite part of the book was in the beginning before they hatched that stupid plot. The friendship and connection felt way more genuine than later in the book. Perhaps that was because there was no focus beyond them interacting together.

I liked Meg in the beginning, although I was taken aback by her out of place mothering over a relative stranger. I just found it odd that she would have the gall to bring up her host's drinking a
Beanbag Love
Despite the contrived plot devise at the end of the story, I still really like Tracey Anne Warren's writing.

Is it typical regency? Yep. Is it implausible? Yep. Is it amusing, romantic and sexy (when it needs to be)? Yep. And, frankly that's what I look for when I pick up a regency these days.

Lately I've been reading some things that have really had problems. Mainly because of something lacking in one or both of the characters. It's historical romance! I expect implausibility! (except in certain
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Feb09

When I read the back cover blurb for “Tempted By His Kiss” by Tracy Anne Warren, for some reason I expected a humorous book. And I guess there were some humorous parts, but this story is written as a more serious historical about a physically and mentally wounded soldier. Is it strange that I read this tale back-to-back with another historical about a suffering military man? Or is it that the ‘wounded warrior’ theme is one that has special meanin
Huong
I am a fan of the "trapped together because of a snowstorm" conceit, and this was good enough at first. It very quickly turns into a "fake engagement but we both wish it was real only are too shy also I am in love with his family and don't like lying" book with a touch of "dead first love" and "French spy poses as English nobility". These cliche plots are well used for a reason, and I don't mind them, but this ended up being nothing BUT a cliche. The heroine's hair looks like "moonlight". The fa ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Ok... so i read it and after page 200 it got a bit better... the chemistry picked up... not enough to really keep me hooked... but I sped through it to the end. This is a series so I will possibly keep my eye out for the others... the next one seems to have an interesting plot with a bluestocking and another Byron brother.
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Mitzi
19 year old Meg Amberley seeks shelter in a heavy snow storm from Lord Cade Byron. Her parents have both died and she's traveling to Scotland to live with a Great Aunt she's never met.

Cade is recovering from wounds he received from being caught and tortured during the war. He suffers from nightmares of the French (English) speaking interrogator beating him and torturing his fiancee to death.

Meg, being the dauther of a Naval Officer, recognizes his anguish and draws him out by challenging him to
♥The Kat's Meow♥
Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1) by Tracy Anne Warren Cade, Cade, Cade. I know you've lived a nightmare, but it's time to embrace life. What, I sound like your mother? Hmm. Well, then; it's a good thing Meg came into your life. While she echoes the same sentiment as do your mother and I, she has the face of an angel and an unfathomable love for you. So, get over yourself and go after the love of your life.

What? You're going to be stubborn? Humph. You're going to say one thing and deny those pesky feelings? How like the brooding hero that you are.
Rachel
Northumberland 1809

Cade is 30 and Meg is 19. Cade is another one of those dark brooding tortured men we love! Got a slight limp and scar from torture being a spy. Loved him, great character with good flaws. Meg however was the typical I love you but I won't tell you type. And at the end why does she believe what Cade told Everett??? She knew most of what he said was to fool him, so why believe any of it??? Stupid girl. Then she up and runs away? What are you 5? Then pulls the im not getting out
Lexie
The heroine of TEMPTED BY HIS KISS is a sometimes frustrating blend of level-headed maturity and naivety that begins as charming, then slowly becomes tiresome. Margaret Amberley, Meg for short, is quite enjoyable to read about as long as the hero, Cade Byron, doesn’t befuddle her senses. Cade Byron, not related to that Byron at all, isn’t so bad either, as long as he isn’t thinking about his actions too deeply.

Their romance is sometimes awkward to fathom. Cade is stuck in the past, stubbornly de
LaFleurBleue
I rather liked this story. The hero is rather convincing in the traumatized-not-ready-to-go-back-to-life type, with more than enough good reasons. I also liked the heroine, feeling overwhelmed by the family, as well as Cade, and generally willing to do everything she could to help him. Their relationship was rather interesting and showed an interesting development.
Even when Meg behaved stupidly at the end, there was some reasons to explain why it might not have been the worst idea ever.
Tiffany
This has more depth than I initially expected it would. In fact, some moments are downright dark and disturbing. There's also some suspense and espionage thrown into the mix (which I hadn't anticipated at all). Good read!
DemetraP
A historical with a bit of a beauty and the beast theme. Hero is scarred and has a limp from being tortured for information during the war. Heroine is dumped on his doorstep after a big snowstorm and they are house bound for 2 weeks.

He decides for the sake of her reputation he'd better pretend to be engaged to her while she finds a different man to marry. Then she can jilt him.

But he falls head over heels in love with her and starts spending more and more time with her. Not so good for his find
Yossra kerkeb
I don't know why I even bother
Karen Wilson
Romance Novel TV
Reviewed by Stacy Ahlgren for Romance Novel TV
Publisher: Avon

London society knows the Byrons are “mad, bad, and dangerous” and every bit as fascinating as their poetic non-relation. Join the fun as New York Times bestselling author Tracy Anne Warren presents the first tale of this tempestuous family—famous for scandal and legendary at love . . .
Orphaned beauty Meg Amberley never planned to pose as Lord Cade Byron’s fiancée. Caught in a snowstorm, she takes refuge at his estate. Stranded together
Lucie Fuentes
Impressions:
The first volume of a serie, in a historical romance genre, wrote by Tracy Anne Warren that I decided to read for a change. I had never read any of her work before and I admit I felt the need of reading something with a little levity. This is what I found in "Tempted by His Kiss." I have not been so captivated as with some authors as Lisa Kleypas or Sophie Jordan but I enjoyed it enough to want to continue the Byron's saga.

Cade is a hero tormented by the burden of his past. Before kn
♥ Melody
*4.5 stars*

This was really close to a 5 star for me. Real close. This is the first book from the Bryon clan series. It's centered on Cade Byron the second oldest of 8 siblings. An ex-officer from the war who carries deep physical and emotional scars after his capture by a French spy. It leaves him forever changed physically and emotionally, he closes himself off to everyone, his friends and family, keeps to himself and has the temperment of a agitated bear to go with it. Meg is an orphaned young
Megan
Diah Didi
Horeeeeeeee ... akhirnya kebaca juga seri ini.
Saya suka tema pura-pura tunangan, harus bersandiwara di depan umum bahwa mereka adalah pasangan yang sedang kasmaran, something like that.

Apakah saya gregetan? Nop. Menurut saya kasus mereka, Cade dan Meg, berdua wajar. Jaga jarak antara mereka nggak berlebihan. Asumsi satu sama lain juga biasa, nggak seperti tokoh-tokoh di novel lain yang bikin kita pengen nampar dan mengguncang-guncangkan mereka supaya sadar. :D
Agak kasian ama Cade. Saya nggak keb
Greselley
"...he wasn’t sure any longer that he could watch her walk away. Just the idea of her with another man made him want to set his fist through the nearest wall. For so many reasons, she would be better off with someone else, but he wasn’t certain anymore that such considerations mattered."

After being restless and unease even if I read a load of books, I finally found something worth reading. I'm finally contented after reading the book with a sigh. It was great!
milo
Tempted By His Kiss is the first book and first series I read written by Tracy Anne Warren. I liked the book. I enjoyed the plot especially when it’s the story about faux engagement or engagement or something to do with marriage of convenience/inconvenience.

Lord Cade, he’s an ex-soldier and one tortured-soul guy. Very tortured indeed. He’s in grief for the loss of his loved ones. He’d encountered awful experience when he was caught by the French. I felt really bad for him. Then, there’s Margaret
Jessi
Meg Amberley has lost her father and is on her way to London to live with her great aunt when a snow storm forced her to seek shelter in the same house where Cade Byron is holed up, trying to keep himself drunk enough to forget his torture during the war. Meg starts to bring him out of his shell but she isn't really interested in a relationship with Cade but the two have to pretend to be engaged when a neighbor finds out that Meg is at Cade's house without a proper chaperone.
When they get to Lo
Brandy Dorsch
The Byrons are my kind of family! Lord Cade Byron is hibernating on his country estate licking wounds that were brought on by torture and betrayal. Miss Meg Amberley takes refuge at his estate during a snowstorm. When she is discovered by a neighbor Lord Cade declares she is his fiancee and tells her he will take her to London for a season. He proceeds to take her to his family and they warmly embrace her as the newest Byron. Meg tries to use the season to discover love but finds it in her fianc ...more
Michael Pillarella
Dayatara
I’ve missed my historical romances! With all the crazy stuff I’ve been reading lately, it was nice to get back to basics, so to speak

While reading Tempted by His Kiss, my heart went out to Cade because of everything he’d gone through when he was (view spoiler) That was truly sad. Despite that aspect of the story, I enjoyed the relationship that developed between Cade and Meg. However, I wanted to slap Meg a couple of
Delaney Diamond
Wow! I really loved this book. Couldn't put it down--literally. I hadn't read a historical romance in a long time, but I'm glad I picked this one up. It's the first in a series about the Byron brothers. Because I read Tempted by His Kiss, I had to get them all, including the story about the sister.

Cade Byron is a tortured, imperfect hero. He walks with a cane, but it doesn't diminish his masculinity. He even takes a tumble in the book, and it just made me want to reach out and help him up.

Meg
Manda
Cade and Meg. This book contains a lot of "dealmakers": snowed in, a grumpy hero with glasses, a makeover montage, etc. The only reason this book didn't get five stars is because it contains a secret spy plot that isn't listed anywhere or referred to on the back. I HATE spy books normally (and highly disliked those elements of this novel as during them the heroine was TSTL), but the other parts were breezy enough to move this book to the keeper shelf.
Also, the cover art was a bit embarrassing,
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • She Tempts the Duke (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #1)
  • Nearly a Lady
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To Series #1)
  • A Dangerous Beauty (Widows Club, #1)
  • After the Kiss (Notorious Gentlemen, #1)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • Midnight's Wild Passion
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1)
  • Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)
  • All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice, #1)
Tracy Anne Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Regency historical romance novels, including At The Duke’s Pleasure and The Husband Trap. Her books have appeared on the USA Today Bestsellers’ list and the Borders’ Group List of Bestselling Single Title Romance Paperbacks. She has won numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers’ of America’s prestigious RITA® Award, the Nat ...more
More about Tracy Anne Warren...

The Byrons of Braebourne (5 books)
  • Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2)
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • The Bed and the Bachelor (The Byrons of Braeborne, #5)
The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1) Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2) Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4) The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3) My Fair Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #1)