The Whore (Wasteland, #2)

The Whore (Wasteland #2)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Her quest for freedom plunges her into dangerous waters-of desire.

A Wasteland story.

Bryn is a -Rose-, but her life is no garden. A stolen child, prostitution is the only life she-s ever known-except on the nights she sneaks out in stolen men-s clothing to explore the city. A tiny taste of freedom that makes her long for a life outside sexual servitude, at the mercy of a

Published April 21st 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about The Whore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Whore

Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonDemon Possession by Kiersten FayHunted by Evangeline AndersonBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Best Erotic Scifi Romance
123rd out of 429 books — 744 voters
Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
233rd out of 784 books — 987 voters

More lists with this book...

Ren
Smut Readers
holly quigley
Decently-written (okay, with a few errors, but overall was better than a lot of erotic shorts you can get from Samhain and the like), hot and kind of sweet. The menage in this involves some m/m action, but for the most part it centers around Bryn. Overall, I'd say 3.7 stars. Not particularly plotty or brilliant, but it wasn't painful to read, either. Nice little smutlet.
JoAnne Kenrick
Even better than the first Wasteland book. Loved Bryn's character, and her struggle with being a Rose (pro) and her dislike of a certain job. No spoilers, but I will say I loved the little habit she'd picked up to 'numb her mouth' to make said jobs easier. All for Smut and Smut for all :)
Netanella
First paragraph: Prologue

In 2012, the world came to a grinding halt as radiation hit from a massive solar storm. Crops died, animals perished, cities fell and humans became little more than beasts themselves. Under the threat of starvation, civility was reduced to mere memory. Only the strongest men survived, and physically weaker women and children wasted to nothingness.

In the post-apocalyptic world of the Wasteland, women are categorized into 4 segments - priestesses, wanderers, breeders, and...more
Jan
Not my favorite in the series (The Wanderer), but definitely fun. The world is still very intriguing, and Bryn's interior conflicts with being a Whore (not by choice, but because she was kidnapped to be one) were sad. I liked her ways of coping with it all, from numbing her mouth so she wouldn't have to taste the men, to dressing up in boy clothes to have a sense of freedom for a while.

It's on one of these escapades she meets the pirates, and decides to run for it.

After that the story cobbles o...more
Veronica~Nhaughty
*THUD*

Warning: Contains hot pirates, bad boys, pretty boys, lots of three-way pirate sex, a woman spanking a pirate with a rare-wood paddle, a glass dildo used on a pirate-have we mentioned the pirates?

I'm sooo ready to climb aboard the ship The Sugar Skull where the pirates are rowdier than other boats...they sail, search, get paid, and f*ck!! *SWOON*

This is a verra yummy naughty quick read...so far would recommend all in this The Wastelands series!!

Heather in FL
I can't imagine essentially being held captive solely for a man's pleasure and not having any choice at all in the matter. I mean the women in this caste didn't even "fall" into it... they were raised to be whores. I also can't imagine the punishment for being caught outside the brothel. {Shudders.} The end felt a bit abrupt, but overall it was a good story. And yeah, lots of hotness. This is a permanent menage -- warning for those who don't care for them.
Cassandra
I think if I had a physical copy and knew going in that it was closer to a novella in depth and not a novel... I'd have been less disappointment. As it was I felt that I was missing about 10 chapters in the center of the book. Good setup, good idea, too simple and rushed from beginning to end.
i enjoy this short story series a bit to much i think this one is the second but that really doesn't matter you can read them in any order. the sexual freedom exhibited in these post apocalyptic books is astounding, i love it, it's a completely new way to look at 2012 and the future
Isabel
Aug 01, 2012 Isabel rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: dp
"You drinkin’?” he asked.
“Yes,” she said. A bit too enthusiastically, perhaps, because he quirked a brow and grinned.
And that grin did that funny thing to her heart again.
What was wrong with her?"

Yes Bryn what's wrong with you , you're a whore ,man up yourself woman .
Marilicious
This was just ok. I know it a short story but I wish there'd been more depth to the characters.
Jen
It's a tiny novella. Barely any story. Boring to boot. Don't bother!
Maria Almeida
LOved it wonderful breath taking
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 12, 2014
CierraRae
CierraRae marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kagome
Kagome added it
Jun 25, 2014
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Micaela Martin
Micaela Martin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
  • The Wanderer
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • The Breeder (Wasteland #3)
  • Private Investigations
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • Touch of Trouble (Touch, #4)
  • Inescapable
  • Submitting To The Boss (West Coast Hotwifing, #2)
  • Unbridled
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • The Trip
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • Jinxed
  • Joining The Party (Lucky Springs, #1)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps, # 2)
Bound to Please Dare to Surrender Deliciously Sinful Wasteland (Wasteland, #1-4)